20161121

Differences between revisions 27 and 28
Revision 27 as of 2016-08-15 16:23:01
Size: 2688
Editor: tyhicks
Comment:
Revision 28 as of 2016-08-15 17:02:32
Size: 2884
Editor: tyhicks
Comment:
Deletions are marked like this. Additions are marked like this.
Line 2: Line 2:
== Meeting (DRAFT) == == Meeting ==
Line 4: Line 4:
 * '''When''': Mon Aug 15th 2016 16:30 UTC
 * '''End''': 16:49 UTC
 * '''When''': Mon Aug 15th 2016 16:32 UTC
 * '''End''': 17:01 UTC
Line 26: Line 26:
   * dbus-app PR
   * snappy PR reviews (pluggable-storage, zigbee-dongle, docker, lxd)
   * review tools updates for browser-support and os snap
   * snappy PR reviews
     * udisks2/pluggable-storage
     * serial-port
     * docker
     * lxd
     * systemd interaction
     * dbus-app
Line 31: Line 35:
   * curl updates    * openssh update
   * investigate regression in qemu update and published new update
Line 36: Line 41:
    * blocked by gcc-4.8 segfault in Trusty    * embargoed issue
   * finish convert QRT to git
Line 38: Line 44:
   * convert QRT to git
   * embargod issue
Line 47: Line 51:
    * fix oopses introduced by fix for name lookup errors
   * finish review of gsettings mediation patches
    * fix signal mediation issue when stacking is used across namespaces
   * finish review and merging of gsettings mediation patches
   * Linux Security Summit preparation
Line 52: Line 57:
    * designate
    * python-ws4py
Line 70: Line 73:
  * None   * sbeattie asked if there were any objections to moving QRT from bzr to git
   * tyhicks and mdeslaur agree that it is ok to make the change now
Line 73: Line 77:
Logs available at http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2016/ubuntu-meeting.2016-08-08-16.30.moin.txt Logs available at http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2016/ubuntu-meeting.2016-08-15-16.32.moin.txt

Meeting

  • Who: SecurityTeam

  • When: Mon Aug 15th 2016 16:32 UTC

  • End: 17:01 UTC

  • Where: #ubuntu-meeting on irc.freenode.net

  • Chaired By: Tyler Hicks (tyhicks)

Attendance

  • jdstrand
  • mdeslaur
  • sbeattie
  • tyhicks
  • jjohansen
  • sarnold

Not present

  • ChrisCoulson

  • ratliff

Agenda

  • Announcements
    • None
  • Weekly stand-up report (each member discusses any pending and planned future work for the week)
    • jdstrand
      • snappy PR reviews
        • udisks2/pluggable-storage
        • serial-port
        • docker
        • lxd
        • systemd interaction
        • dbus-app
    • mdeslaur
      • weekly role: happy place
      • openssh update
      • investigate regression in qemu update and published new update
      • security updates
    • sbeattie
      • weekly role: community
      • openjdk-7 updates
      • embargoed issue
      • finish convert QRT to git
      • go through doko's yakkety test rebuild and fix any PIE related build failures
    • tyhicks
      • weekly role: bug triage
      • assist with MIR reviews
      • seccomp complain mode
      • review tools work for squashfs bugs
    • jjohansen
      • focus on AppArmor (stacking bugs for 16.04)

        • fix signal mediation issue when stacking is used across namespaces
      • finish review and merging of gsettings mediation patches
      • Linux Security Summit preparation
    • sarnold
      • weekly role: cve triage
      • MIR audits
      • snappy exploration
  • Highlighted packages

    The Ubuntu Security team will highlight some community-supported packages that might be good candidates for updating and or triaging. If you would like to help Ubuntu and not sure where to start, this is a great way to do so. See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/UpdateProcedures for details and if you have any questions, feel free to ask in #ubuntu-security. To find out other ways of helping out, please see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/GettingInvolved. The highlighted packages for this week are:

    The Ubuntu Security team suggests that contributors look into merging Debian security updates in community-supported packages. If you would like to help Ubuntu but are not sure where to start, this is a great way to do so. See the available merges and SecurityTeam/UpdateProcedures for details on preparing Ubuntu security updates. If you have any questions, feel free to ask in #ubuntu-hardened. To find out other ways of helping out, please see SecurityTeam/GettingInvolved.

  • Miscellaneous and Questions
    • sbeattie asked if there were any objections to moving QRT from bzr to git
      • tyhicks and mdeslaur agree that it is ok to make the change now

Log

Logs available at http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2016/ubuntu-meeting.2016-08-15-16.32.moin.txt

MeetingLogs/Security/20161121 (last edited 2016-11-21 16:51:19 by tyhicks)