When: Mon Aug 27 16:40:49 2018 UTC
End: Mon Aug 27 17:02:57 2018 UTC
Where: #ubuntu-meeting on irc.freenode.net
Chaired By: Jamie Strandboge (jdstrand)
- Generalist role rotation
- CVE Triage: leosilva, Bug Triage: ebarretto, Community: msalvatore, Happy Place: sarnold, sbeattie, amurray, mdeslaur
Thanks to Thomas Opfer for help on security updates for the community supported tomcat8 last week. This work is very much appreciated and will keep Ubuntu users secure. Great job!
- The Ubuntu Security Team is hiring!
Ubuntu Security engineer: https://boards.greenhouse.io/canonical/jobs/1158266?t=8c0a6c1f1
Ubuntu Security manager: https://boards.greenhouse.io/canonical/jobs/1278287?t=8c0a6c1f1
- Due to US holiday on September 3rd, the next meeting will be on September 10.
- Weekly stand-up report (each member discusses any pending and planned future work for the week)
- continue brand store snap declarations
- continue kubernetes-support interfaces
- various snapd PR reviews (eg, anbox-support, et all)
- iterate on audio-playback/record interfaces
- amurray (not present; reported by jdstrand)
- ceph update
- internal work
- move to another reactive update as time allows
- jjohansen (not present)
- LSS attendance
- Highlighted packages
The Ubuntu Security team suggests that contributors look into merging Debian security updates in community-supported packages. If you would like to help Ubuntu but are not sure where to start, this is a great way to do so. See the available merges and SecurityTeam/UpdateProcedures for details on preparing Ubuntu security updates. If you have any questions, feel free to ask in #ubuntu-hardened. To find out other ways of helping out, please see SecurityTeam/GettingInvolved.
- Miscellaneous and Questions