added loic update
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 93:||Line 93:|
|Hildon Desktop Status
* Finally fixed hildon-desktop; apart of the issues already covered here, only a configuration issue remained
* Merged or checked that we did merge misc stuff which Bob asked me to have in our hildon-desktop
* Fixed the stamp issue I encountered last week
* Checked that an old ~/.osso would still work with newer hildon-desktop; please note that we're condemned to perpetual backward compatibility with whatever ends up in the ~/.osso of end
users in the next versions...
* Updated mobile-image-creator in hardy; we now use lpia in Ubuntu's mic by default
* Misc fixes and uploads
MobileTeam Reporting Page
[:BuildingCommunity/TeamReporting:Back to the Team Reporting page...]
Welcome to the MobileAndEmbedded reporting page. Every month this page reveals a snapshot of the work that has been going on in the Ubuntu Mobile and Embedded Community. If you have have been working hard on the project and want to let others know what you have been up to, try to summarize it here. Community contributions are actively encouraged. A few guidelines for how to write good points are:
Keep it simple and short - single sentences are best.
- Try to summarise your work and not be over-detailed - we don't need to know specifics, just a summary of the kind
- Where possible, include relevant links.
You should get all your reporting included here by the 22nd of every month.
Status report for week 2007-10-25 to 2007-11-01
Midbrowser status update
- Mostly working on bug fixes.
- Analyzed a few sites that didn’t work quite right with Midbrowser. Among them are Microsoft’s *live.com. Those sites didn’t behave correctly because they didn’t think Midbrowser is not one of the supported browsers (Firefox, Netscape, IE). It turns out that by setting the useragent key to Firefox, these sites work just fine. I will put a fix in for that. We also found out that couple of the sites didn’t work because of bug in Adobe’s flash player for Linux. I contacted the owner of the sites and confirmed that.
- A patch to enable the “pref” extension in the browser is ready. Waiting further code review from Asac and will check the changes it.
USB Client Status
- Use case:
- MID is already turned on; plug the MID directly into my PC via USB cable
- MID's data (videos, music, photos, etc) are visible in the file manager on my PC. They appear on the PC as either as separate volumes or as directories in a single volume
- Using the file manager on the PC, add/remove files on the MID
- Unplug the MID from the PC, enjoy the movie I just copied to it It's our understanding that Intel is supporting this case through the file-backed storage gadget. Some questions:
1) Is Intel patching the file-backed storage gadget to expose the client's ext3-formatted filesystem to the host as a FAT filesystem (requiring ext3<-->FAT translation)? If not, what is the plan to expose files
- contained by that FAT image to applications on the MID?
- will it also appear as a FAT device? Why present the user that choice?
- 1) Support USB2.0 spec to enable Poulsbo USB client hardware. 2) Support USB Mass Storage class to expose mass storage device. 3) Support USB CDC-EEM class and RNDIS spec to expose Ethernet device. 4) Support interoperation with both Linux an Windows host PC of
- VFAT/FAT32 file systems in mass storage device condition.
- CDC-EEM/RNDIS compatibility.
- 6) Utility automatically start DHCP server to allocate IP addresses in
- host and client if static IP is not chosen.
- selected folders.
- 1) Drivers are not tested in High-Speed environment due to some known
- HW sightings and bugs in Poulsbo B0 board.
- bugs about:
- a) USB reset, Power Management b) GET_STATUS, CLEAR_FEATURE, SET_FEATURE USB standard control requests
- set module parameter "stall=0" can work.
Mobile build infrastructure
- No progress. Publishing of proprietary builds is blocked on IS (ticket filed). Gutsy + updates is also blocked, pending IS to set up lpia PPAs. Other news:
Pre-alpha was released on Monday: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileAndEmbedded/Pre-Alpha for more information.
Hildon Desktop Status
- Finally fixed hildon-desktop; apart of the issues already covered here, only a configuration issue remained
- Merged or checked that we did merge misc stuff which Bob asked me to have in our hildon-desktop
- Fixed the stamp issue I encountered last week
- Checked that an old ~/.osso would still work with newer hildon-desktop; please note that we're condemned to perpetual backward compatibility with whatever ends up in the ~/.osso of end
- users in the next versions...
- Updated mobile-image-creator in hardy; we now use lpia in Ubuntu's mic by default
- Misc fixes and uploads