|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 49:||Line 49:|
MobileTeam Reporting Page
[:BuildingCommunity/TeamReporting:Back to the Team Reporting page...]
Welcome to the MobileAndEmbedded reporting page. Every month this page should be filled with bullet points indicating the summary of some of the work you have been working on. As you work on something, try to summarise it here. A few guidelines for how to write good points here:
Keep it simple and short - single sentences are best.
- Try to summarise your work and not be over-detailed - we don't need to know specifics, just a summary of the kind
- Where possible, include relavent links.
You should get all your reporting included here by the 22nd of every month.
Status report for week 2007-09-27 to 2007-10-04
- Build infrastructure
Worked on fixing the infrastructure so we can have non-public images with proprietary bits in them.
- Mobile development environment
Handed this off to [https://launchpad.net/~stevenk/ Steve Kowalik]
- UME kernel
Added lpiacompat flavour for mccaslins Tested the lpia and lpiacompat kernels on Samsung Q1 and Crownbeach Fixed some configs - VM86, stock DRI, madwifi support, etc.
- Moblin Image Creator
Switched over to using LPIA when creating platforms and targets. Some GUI improvements were mad
Packages are now being built with LPIA architecture.
- Moblin Applets (moblin-utilities)
Three remaining plugins expected before Oct 12: volume status bar, brightness status bar, and touchscreen calibration applets. The first two will be taken from gnome-applets with all the bonobo interface code stripped out, the last will come from gnome-control-center's mouse caplet combined with evtouch code.
- Applet Updates
- Network: Network and Date/Time are now just links to the gnome-system-tools executables.
- UI and Apps
- Grid-layout / html Home Screen: Much progress on this home screen UI this week.
- We can now show and start applications. This is based on the same gtkmozembed plugin that hosts the current flash UI. I built the changes into mobile_basic_flash package which name should be changed eventually to reflect its new abilities (e.g. mobile_mozembed_home), but will wait until after gutsy so that we don't have to introduce a new package at this late hour. Switching between html and flash is just a matter of pointing to a different startup page. Package will be ready for use on moblin this afternoon. Will work to get it into UME soon after. Still could use a couple of official graphics for background from Ken.
- Clutter Home Screen:
- Initial code drop exists on moblin.org, but not yet integrated into home screen. You can build and play with:
'git clone http://moblin.org/repos/projects/moblin-clutter-home.git/'
To launch on desktop, start application with "desktop-launcher -w" otherwise it will take over your desktop. I requested libclutter-0.4.2 related libraries for gutsy. Not sure if it is too late for approval. This process took a long time