MobileTeam Reporting Page
[:BuildingCommunity/TeamReporting:Back to the Team Reporting page...]
Welcome to the MobileAndEmbedded reporting page. Every month this page should be filled with bullet points indicating the summary of some of the work you have been working on. As you work on something, try to summarise it here. A few guidelines for how to write good points here:
Keep it simple and short - single sentences are best.
- Try to summarise your work and not be over-detailed - we don't need to know specifics, just a summary of the kind
- Where possible, include relavent links.
You should get all your reporting included here by the 22nd of every month.
Status report for week 2007-09-27 to 2007-10-04
- Build infrastructure
Worked on fixing the infrastructure so we can have non-public images with proprietary bits in them.
- Mobile development environment
Handed this off to [https://launchpad.net/~stevenk/ Steve Kowalik]
- UME kernel
Added lpiacompat flavour for mccaslins Tested the lpia and lpiacompat kernels on Samsung Q1 and Crownbeach Fixed some configs - VM86, stock DRI, madwifi support, etc.
- Moblin Image Creator
Switched over to using LPIA when creating platforms and targets. Some GUI improvements were mad
Packages are now being built with LPIA architecture.
- Moblin Applets (moblin-utilities)
Three remaining plugins expected before Oct 12: volume status bar, brightness status bar, and touchscreen calibration applets. The first two will be taken from gnome-applets with all the bonobo interface code stripped out, the last will come from gnome-control-center's mouse caplet combined with evtouch code.
- Applet Updates
- Network: Network and Date/Time are now just links to the gnome-system-tools executables.
- UI and Apps
- Grid-layout / html Home Screen: Much progress on this home screen UI this week.
- We can now show and start applications. This is based on the same gtkmozembed plugin that hosts the current flash UI. I built the changes into mobile_basic_flash package which name should be changed eventually to reflect its new abilities (e.g. mobile_mozembed_home), but will wait until after gutsy so that we don't have to introduce a new package at this late hour. Switching between html and flash is just a matter of pointing to a different startup page. Package will be ready for use on moblin this afternoon. Will work to get it into UME soon after. Still could use a couple of official graphics for background from Ken.
- Clutter Home Screen:
- Initial code drop exists on moblin.org, but not yet integrated into home screen. You can build and play with:
'git clone http://moblin.org/repos/projects/moblin-clutter-home.git/'
To launch on desktop, start application with "desktop-launcher -w" otherwise it will take over your desktop. I requested libclutter-0.4.2 related libraries for gutsy. Not sure if it is too late for approval. This process took a long time
Apps Chat: No progress I know of since the owner is out of the office this week. Media Viewer: Some new features have been added but currently the package is broken. Will get back running soon. Still needs UI makeover which Jason is working full-time on. Our goal is to give it an extreme UI makeover by mid next week. Other comments:
- I built LPIA build this week and tried to run Claws. It didn't seem to be Hildonized. Need to figure out why. I plan to create a UI spec with suggestions on things such as menu layout for common elements (File, View, Settings, About, Quit) and toolbar icon sizes, etc.
- 1 Get Grid-layout UI usable. Any day now. I assumed it would be yesterday but ran into small bugs around changing the background repeatedly. Should checkin today. 2 Make sure we resolve the performance bug. Hopefully this goes away with the non-flash UI. We will still try to resolve, but it will fall to a lesser priority. 3 Go through remaining UI elements and finish bug fixing for gutsy launch. Mainly: marquee needs tweaking, theme needs to be completed. 4 Start work to get clutter UI to a usable state so people can start commenting and we can discuss the exciting post-gutsy future of the home screen!
- Thermal Extensions
Still on track for delivery around WW41/Week of Oct 8th
- Graphics Driver
Development on track for possible schedule pull in. Intel is working internally to determine new delivery date
- USB Client
Continued work on bug fixing and validation of both driver and utility software.May be able to pull in schedule and make this available early. Intel is working internally to determine new delivery date.
- Midbrowser Status
Implemented UI changes to preference tabs. Jimmy is working on replacing the network proxy setting with gconf.
Investigated "panning" support for Midbrowser. Found out that someone has implemented "panning" support for Minimo, I Will see what it takes to incorporate that into Midbrowser.
Analyzed incoming bugs. Will be in bug fixing mode in the next couple of weeks.