MobileTeam Reporting Page
[:BuildingCommunity/TeamReporting:Back to the Team Reporting page...]
Welcome to the MobileAndEmbedded reporting page. Every month this page reveals a snapshot of the work that has been going on in the Ubuntu Mobile and Embedded Community. If you have have been working hard on the project and want to let others know what you have been up to, try to summarize it here. Community contributions are actively encouraged. A few guidelines for how to write good points are:
Keep it simple and short - single sentences are best.
- Try to summarise your work and not be over-detailed - we don't need to know specifics, just a summary of the kind
- Where possible, include relevant links.
You should get all your reporting included here by the 22nd of every month.
Week 21 -27 Feb
- Some more work on pimlico; dates is now in sync between upstream, Debian, and Ubuntu; tasks is ready to be synced, but this requires a seed change, so deferred
- Some discussion on versioning of kernel uploads to the ppa (versus in hardy); we should probably pin the ppa higher than hardy for all practical purposes
- Started some quickstart documentation on gettext usage
- Started research on langpacks, documented how much they would gain us ..10 MB says Arne, and what we would need to do (we would have to do a lot)
- Adapt Open Office to be able export documents to PDF from command line. The reason behind this is to allow evince to view MS Office documents
- Created a small launcher application called "treb" (short for trebuchet) that is basically an openfile-type dialog that will let the user select a file and will automatically filter it using Open Office and pass it to be read by Evince.
- Firefox 3.0 beta2 chinese language pack was patched and made to work with Midbrowser.
- Added all the internationalization support back into moblin-applets and enabled mobile-basic-flash to display multi-language icon texts
- Lots of driver and kernel bug fixes