Ubuntu-MM Un-Official Office is Since 16/Nov/2012
Flickr - Ubuntu-MM event photos
Mailing List - ubuntu-mm on lists.ubuntu.com
IRC - #ubuntu-mm on freenode
- the ubuntu users community in our country
- planning local FOSS conferences in this year
- Yangon City Development Committee (YCDC)
To provide technical support and teaching about ubuntu by opening Ubuntu Introduction Courses.
- Note: :Since internet connection in our country is terribly slow, we'll provide local repository servers in numerous places, to provide offline installation and updating.
To publish a weekly journal about Ubuntu with Internet Journal.
Ubuntu user guides for every new Ubuntu user from Myanmar
Making tutorial videos for local ubuntu users.
Translation and Localization
We had finished ubuntu version 11.04 / 12.04 in Burmese Language. Our team is currently trying to work on Ubuntu Burmese Localization.
List here activities that the group has already done. Again provide links to online discussions, reviews, blog entries etc:
Ubuntu-MM Event in 2013
Barcamp UCSM 2013 - Ubuntu Hours This event was operating at University Technology of Computer Studies - Mandalay (UCSM) and we were share 150 pcs of DVD and ebooks concerned about Ubuntu in burmese and we helped to install Dual-Booting included Mac Vs Ubuntu, Windows Vs Ubuntu and Ubuntu, Mac and Windows.
In this event , Linux for Human beings and I <3 U @ Room (4) 11:00 to 12:00 am . What is linux? What is Ubuntu ? How to migrate from windows ?
- i love U and Lin + Pi
- In this events held in University of Technology-THANLYIN . We contribute Ubuntu-MM DVD 50 pcs , Ubuntu Myanmar Ebooks and ISO and how to getting started with Ubuntu ?
.In this events held in University of Technology-MANDALAY . We contribute Ubuntu-MM DVD 150 pcs , Ubuntu Myanmar Ebooks and 12 people dual booting with Windows and 1 dual booting with MAC .
- Ubuntu Corner
. In this event , we contribute 110 DVDs to computer students and a lot of people wanted to migrate from windows.
- In this events, We contribute 60 DVDs and Ubuntu Myanmar Ebook , CLI cheat sheet .
. In this events, We contribute 30 DVDs and Ubuntu Myanmar Ebook , CLI cheat sheet and Ubuntu Double Sided Orange Lanyard and raring t-shirt for attendance .
In this event, Jouni helminen ,Ko Ko Ye , Sai Maw Khan , Ethan Kurt, ThoHi and me went to there and A lot of people interesting in Ubuntu Touch. I always make documentation and help for event .
Ubuntu-MM Event in 2012
Ubuntu-MM Event in 2011