minor corrections and update informations
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 27:||Line 27:|
|* Linuxtag in Karlsruhe 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006 in Wiesbaden, FOSDEM in Brussels 2005, 2006 and 2007, LWE in Frankfurt 2004 and 2005 and FROSCON in Bonn 2006||* Linuxtag in Karlsruhe 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 in Wiesbaden and 2007 in Berlin, FOSDEM in Brussels 2005, 2006 and 2007, LWE in Frankfurt 2004 and 2005 and FROSCON in Bonn 2006|
|Line 30:||Line 30:|
|* LinuxTag 2007 in Berlin and FROSCON 2007 in Bonn||* FROSCON 2007 in Bonn-St.Augustin|
|Line 37:||Line 37:|
|Founding member of the Swiss Campaign for Free Software [http://www.wilhelmtux.ch], president 2004-2005||Founding member of the Swiss Campaign for Free Software [http://www.wilhelmtux.ch], president 2004-2005, currently board member|
|Line 43:||Line 43:|
|Various actions in Switzerland promoting Free Software.||Various actions in Switzerland promoting Free Software, mainly trying to coordinate Wilhelm Tux work with FSFE.|
|Line 50:||Line 50:|
|* Translation and proofreading|| * Helped to build the [:SwissTeam] and currently active collaboration as admin and moderator
* Translation and proofreading in German and French, currently member of the French Translation Team
|Line 52:||Line 53:|
|* Building the SwissTeam and active collaboration|
|Line 55:||Line 55:|
|* gave talk about "how to collaborate in Free Software" at the Feisty Fawn Release Party, presenting the Ubuntu Project|
|Line 57:||Line 58:|
|* active member of [:UbuntuWomen], organised a UbuntuWomen meeting during LinuxTag in Berlin 2007 with others|
|Line 102:||Line 104:|
Name, Personal and Contact information
Myriam Rita Schweingruber
I am basically a trained pharmacist and still work in this field but also have experience as a professional school teacher for 18 years and translator since 20+ years.
Ubuntero: [https://launchpad.net/~myriam] (for GPG key and Jabber account, see the Launchpad profile).
Involment in Free Software
Board member of the Fribourg based GNU/Linux User Group [http://www.linuxbourg.ch] since 2001, member since 2000, I help to organise install parties, promote Free Software and give support for Debian and Ubuntu. Various presentations.
Free Software Foundation Europe
I help FSFE [http://www.fsfeurope.org] at booths at important events in Europe since 2003. My main task are Free Software advocacy, explaining the work of FSFE to booth visitors, promoting the Fellowship of FSFE [http://www.fsfe.org] and selling merchandise. Past events:
- Linuxtag in Karlsruhe 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 in Wiesbaden and 2007 in Berlin, FOSDEM in Brussels 2005, 2006 and 2007, LWE in Frankfurt 2004 and 2005 and FROSCON in Bonn 2006
- FROSCON 2007 in Bonn-St.Augustin
I also try to coordinate work of the FSFE Swiss Team since 2004 and give a hand in translating and proofreading FSFE documents, newsletters and web pages.
Founding member of the Swiss Campaign for Free Software [http://www.wilhelmtux.ch], president 2004-2005, currently board member
Events: LOTS! [http://lots.openexpo.ch/2005/index_en.html], "booth babe", presentation: "FSFE and Wilhelm Tux as an associate organisation"
Interview: [http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/dyn/digital/hintergrund/513169.html] about Software Patents
Various actions in Switzerland promoting Free Software, mainly trying to coordinate Wilhelm Tux work with FSFE.
For Team membership, see Launchpad profile [https://launchpad.net/~myriam]
Helped to build the [:SwissTeam] and currently active collaboration as admin and moderator
- Translation and proofreading in German and French, currently member of the French Translation Team
- Bug reports and squashing
- helped to organise Dapper Release Party in Zurich, June 5
- helped to organise Feisty Fawn Release Party in Switzerland
- gave talk about "how to collaborate in Free Software" at the Feisty Fawn Release Party, presenting the Ubuntu Project
Ubuntu presentation and advocacy at Journées du Libre, Geneva, May 14 [http://www.linux-gull.ch/gull/evenements/installconfigparty/]
Attended UbuntuDeveloperSummitParis, various contributions
- active: German, French, (English)
- passive: English, Italian, (French, German)
Working as a freelance translator since 20+ years,
I have a limited interpretation experience, mainly helping out at events. My only public simultaneous interpretation was Richard Stallman speech from english -> french at WSIS phase one in Geneva on December 11 2003 [http://www.wsis-online.net/smsi/classes/smsi/events/smsi-events-85559/event-view]
Currently improving my Italian (target: obtain CELI 3 / PLIDA B2 and beyond). Planed: learn decent Spanish. Next: Japanese, Russian, Portugese, etc.
Experience in teamleading (mainly in public pharmacy), moderation and conflict management (pharmacy and professional school).
- Good knowledge about various licenses, especially GPL, LGPL and other Free Software licenses
- more than 6 years experience with Free Software, GNU/Linux advanced user (I really should pass LPI exams one day...)
- some 10+ years of teaching experience for various software, mainly Office applications. Teaching Open Office since 4+ years.
- Free Software Advocacy since 2000
- very basic hacking knowledge:
- Scheme (beginner), Assembler for x86 (beginner), C (beginner), Java (beginner), Pascal (didn't touch it since 15+ years), Python (learning), used to build web pages using HTML, PHP and Perl
I really would love to learn coding on a more regular basis, but there are not enough hours in a day...
Booth work, marketing and sales.
Related pages: FullSearch()