Updated wiki page
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 3:||Line 3:|
|||<tablestyle="float:right; font-size: 0.9em; width:30%; background:#F7EFDF; margin: 0 0 1em 1em;" style="padding:0.5em;"><<TableOfContents>>||||||<tablestyle="float:right; font-size: 0.9em; width:30%; background:#A9D0F5; margin: 0 0 1em 1em;" style="padding:0.5em;"><<TableOfContents>>|||
|Line 54:||Line 54:|
| * user support on #amarok, #amarok.de and #amarok.fr
* user support in the [[http://amarok.kde.org/forum|Amarok forum]]
|Line 88:||Line 90:|
| * Ubucon.de in Krefeld, Germany 2007
* helped to organise [[SwissTeam/TeleasePartyGutsy]] in Switzerland, Berne, November 10 2007
* helped to organise the following release parties of the Swiss Team: Lausanne and Zürich for Hardy Heron, Zürich for Intrepid Ibex and Berne for Jaunty Jackalope
| * Attended Ubucon.de in Krefeld, Germany 2007 with the Amarok team
* helped to organise the following release parties of the Swiss Team: Berne for Gutsy Gibbon 2007, Lausanne and Zürich for Hardy Heron 2008, Zürich for Intrepid Ibex 2008 and Berne for Jaunty Jackalope 2009
|Line 97:||Line 98:|
|* continue to build, admin, mentor and moderate SwissTeam which is already a vibrant LoCo Team||* continue to build, admin, mentor and moderate SwissTeam|
|Line 99:||Line 100:|
|* building SwissTeam website||* user support for Kubuntu and KDE 4 on IRC, mailing lists and forums|
Name, Personal and Contact information
Myriam Rita Schweingruber
I am basically a trained pharmacist and still work in this field but also have experience as a professional school teacher for 18 years and translator since 20+ years.
GPG key: 86FCA592
IRC-nick: Mamarok, myriam_rs
Email: <schweingruber AT SPAMFREE pharma-traduction DOT ch>
Involvement in Free Software
Board member of the Fribourg based GNU/Linux User Group http://www.linuxbourg.ch since 2001, member since 2000, I help to organise install parties, promote Free Software and give support for Debian and Ubuntu. Various presentations.
Free Software Foundation Europe
I help FSFE http://www.fsfeurope.org at booths at important events in Europe since 2003. My main task are Free Software advocacy, explaining the work of FSFE to booth visitors, promoting the Fellowship of FSFE http://www.fsfe.org and selling merchandise. Past events:
- Linuxtag in Karlsruhe 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 in Wiesbaden and 2007 in Berlin, FOSDEM in Brussels 2005, 2006 and 2007, LWE in Frankfurt 2004 and 2005 and FROSCON in Bonn 2006 and 2007
LinuxTag 2009 in Berlin, FrosCON 2009 in Sankt-Augustin/Bonn, both in Germany. I will try to split my time between the FSFE booth and the Amarok one, giving a hand if needed at the Kubuntu booth.
I also try to coordinate work of the FSFE Swiss Team since 2004 and give a hand in translating and proofreading FSFE documents, newsletters and web pages.
Founding member of the Swiss Campaign for Free Software http://www.wilhelmtux.ch, president 2004-2005, currently board member
Events: LOTS! http://lots.openexpo.ch/2005/index_en.html, "booth babe", presentation: "FSFE and Wilhelm Tux as an associate organisation"
Interview: http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/dyn/digital/hintergrund/513169.html about Software Patents
Various actions in Switzerland promoting Free Software, mainly trying to coordinate Wilhelm Tux work with FSFE.
- Translations to French and occasionally German of the Amarok website.
- Bug triaging
- user support on #amarok, #amarok.de and #amarok.fr
user support in the Amarok forum
- FrosCON 2008 in Sankt-Augustin, Germany
- Akademy 2008 in Mechelen, Belgium
- Amarok Dev Sprint in Berlin from 1. - 4. May 2009
LinuxTag 2009 in Berlin
- Desktop Summit/Akademy 2009 in Las Palmas, Gran Canaria
- FrosCON 2009 in Sankt-Augustin, Germany
For Team membership, see Launchpad profile https://launchpad.net/~myriam. My request for Ubuntu membership was accepted in September 2007.
I use Ubuntu since the Warty Warthog Preview release on my laptop (August 20something 2004 to be precise), Kubuntu since its first release and stuck with it
Activities so far:
Helped to build the SwissTeam and currently active collaboration as admin and moderator
- I am the Ubuntu reference at my local LUG, providing support and CDs to others
gave interview to PC-Tipp, a local IT monthly magazine that ended up in a short summary online: PC-Tipp Topthema
Ubuntu presentation Preview-Dapper-GULL.odp and advocacy at Journées du Libre, Geneva, May 14 2006 http://www.linux-gull.ch/gull/evenements/installconfigparty/
- Translation and proofreading in German and French, currently member of the French Translation Team
- helping out on the IRC support channels #kubuntu and #kubuntu-de whenever I find time to
- trying to moderate the kubuntu-users mailing list since March 2009.
- occasional Bug reports and squashing
Attended UbuntuDeveloperSummitParis, various contributions
- helped to organise Dapper Release Party in Zurich, June 5 2006
helped to organise SwissTeam/ReleasePartyFeisty in Switzerland, Zürich, April 21 2007
- Attended Ubucon.de in Krefeld, Germany 2007 with the Amarok team
- helped to organise the following release parties of the Swiss Team: Berne for Gutsy Gibbon 2007, Lausanne and Zürich for Hardy Heron 2008, Zürich for Intrepid Ibex 2008 and Berne for Jaunty Jackalope 2009
- organised and held the booth at Open Expo 2008 in Berne and Winterthur, Open Expo 2009 in Berne
- same as for Amarok/KDE above
continue to build, admin, mentor and moderate SwissTeam
- organise meetings, give talks
- user support for Kubuntu and KDE 4 on IRC, mailing lists and forums
- active: German, French, (English)
- passive: English, Italian, (French, German)
Working as a freelance translator since 20+ years,
I have a limited interpretation experience, mainly helping out at events. My only public simultaneous interpretation was Richard Stallman speech from english -> french at WSIS phase one in Geneva on December 11 2003 http://www.wsis-online.net/smsi/classes/smsi/events/smsi-events-85559/event-view
Currently improving my Italian (target: obtain CELI 3 / PLIDA B2 and beyond). Planed: learn decent Spanish. Next: Japanese, Russian, Portuguese, etc.
Experience in team leading (mainly in public pharmacy), moderation and conflict management (pharmacy and professional school).
- Good knowledge about various licenses, especially GPL, LGPL and other Free Software licenses. Disclaimer: IANAL
- more than 8 years experience with Free Software, GNU/Linux advanced user (I really should pass LPI exams one day...)
- some 10+ years of teaching experience for various software, mainly Office applications. Teaching Open Office since 6+ years.
- Free Software Advocacy since 2000
- very basic hacking knowledge:
- Scheme (beginner), Assembler for x86 (beginner), C (beginner), Java (beginner), Pascal (didn't touch it since 15+ years), Python (beginner) used to build web pages using HTML, PHP and Perl
I really would love to learn coding on a more regular basis, but there are not enough hours in a day...
Booth work, marketing and sales. Running a freelancer business since 2001 Experience in project management for small business. Accounting basics for business and Swiss tax specific.