Name, Personal and Contact information
Myriam Rita Schweingruber
I am basically a trained pharmacist and still work in this field but also have experience as a professional school teacher for 18 years and translator since 20+ years.
Ubuntero: [https://launchpad.net/people/myriam] For GPG key and Jabber account, see the Launchpad profile
Involment in Free Software
Board member of the Fribourg based GNU/Linux User Group [http://www.linuxbourg.ch] since 2001, member since 2000, I help to organise install parties, promote Free Software and give support for Debian and Ubuntu. Various presentations.
I help FSF Europe [http://www.fsfeurope.org] at booths at important events in Europe since 2003. My main task are Free Software advocacy, explainig the work of FSF Europe to booth visitors, promoting the Fellowship of FSFE [http://www.fsfe.org] and selling merchandise. Past events:
- Linuxtag in Karlsruhe 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006 in Wiesbaden, FOSDEM in Brussels 2005 and 2006, LWE in Franfurt 2004 and 2005 and FROSCON in Bonn 2006
- FOSDEM 2007 in Brussels, Linuxtag 2007 in Berlin and FROSCON 2007 in Bonn
I also try to coordinate work of the FSF Europe Swiss Team since 2004 and give a hand in translating and proofreading FSFE documents, newsletters and web pages.
Founding member of the Swiss Campaign for Free Software [http://www.wilhelmtux.ch], president 2004-2005
Events: LOTS! [http://lots.openexpo.ch/2005/index_en.html], "booth babe", presentation: "FSF Europe and Wilhelm Tux as an associate organisation"
Interview: [http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/dyn/digital/hintergrund/513169.html] about Software Patents
Various actions in Switzerland promoting Free Software.
For Team membership, see Launchpad profile [https://launchpad.net/people/myriam]
- Translation and proofreading
- Bug reports and squashing
Building the SwissTeam and active collaboration
- helped to organise Dapper Release Party in Zurich, June 5
- Organising Software Freedom Day in Switzerland, coordinating CD orders, event locations, etc.
Ubuntu presentation and advocacy at Journées du Libre, Geneva, May 14 [http://www.linux-gull.ch/gull/evenements/installconfigparty/]
Attending UbuntuDeveloperSummitParis, various contributions
- active: german, french, (english)
- passive english, italian, (french, german)
Working as a freelance translator since 20+ years,
I have a limited interpretation experience, mainly helping out at events. My only public simultaneous interpretation was Richard Stallman speech from english -> french at WSIS phase one in Geneva on December 11 2003 [http://www.wsis-online.net/smsi/classes/smsi/events/smsi-events-85559/event-view]
Experience in teamleading (mainly in public pharmacy), moderation and conflict management (pharmacy and professional school).
- Good knowledge about various licenses
- more than 6 years experience with Free Software, Linux advanced user (I really should pass LPI exams one day...)
- some 10+ years of teaching experience for various software, mainly Office applications. Teaching Open Office since 4+ years.
- Free Software Advocacy since 2000
- very basic hacking knowledge:
- Scheme (beginner), Assembler for x86 (beginner), C (beginner), Java (beginner), Pascal (didn't touch it since 15+ years), Python (learning), used to build web pages using HTML, PHP and Perl
I really would love to learn coding on more regular basis, but my time schedule is very tight, unfortunately.
Booth work, marketing and sales.
Related pages: FullSearch()