Name, Personal and Contact information
Myriam Rita Schweingruber
Pharmacist, experience as a professional school teacher for 18 years and translator since 20+ years.
Ubuntero: https://launchpad.net/people/myriam For GPG key and Jabber account, see the Launchpad profile
Involment in Free Software
Board member of the Fribourg based GNU/Linux User Group [http://www.linuxbourg.ch] since 2001, member since 2000, I help to organise install parties, promote Free Software and give support for Debian and Ubuntu. Various presentations.
I help FSF Europe [http://www.fsfeurope.org]at booths at important events in Europe since 2003. My main task are Free Software advocacy, explainig the work of FSF Europe to booth visitors, promoting the Fellowship of FSFE [http://www.fsfe.org] and selling merchandise. Past events:
- Linuxtag in Karlsruhe 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006 in Wiesbaden, FOSDEM in Brussels 2005 and 2006, LWE in Franfurt 2004 and 2005
- FROSCOM in Bonn 2006, June 24-25
- LWE in Cologne 2006, November 14-16
I also try to coordinate work of the FSF Europe Swiss Team since 2004 and give a hand in translating and proofreading FSFE documents, newsletters and web pages.
Founding member of the Swiss Campaign for Free Software [http://www.wilhelmtux.ch], president 2004-2005
Events: LOTS! [http://lots.openexpo.ch/2005/index_en.html], "booth babe", presentation: "FSF Europe and Wilhelm Tux as an associate organisation"
Interview: [http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/dyn/digital/hintergrund/513169.html] about Software Patents
openexpo in Zürich-Oerlikon, September 20-21 2006 [http://www.openexpo.ch/]
Software Freedom Day, September 16 2006, together with various User Groups and the SwissTeam
Various actions in Switzerland promoting Free Software.
Member of the following groups:
Ubuntu BugSquad (trying to help since May 2006)
- Ubuntu French Translators (translation and proofreading since May 2006)
- Ubuntu German Translators (translation and proofreading since May 2006)
Ubuntu Swiss Users, see SwissTeam
- Building a Local Team for Switzerland
- helped to organise Dapper Release Party in Zurich, June 5
- Organising Software Freedom Day in Switzerland, coordinating CD orders, event locations, etc.
Ubuntu presentation and advocacy at Journées du Libre, Geneva, May 14 [http://www.linux-gull.ch/gull/evenements/installconfigparty/]
- active: german, french, (english)
- passive english, italian, (french, german)pen the source Bern
Working as a freelance translator since 20+ years,
I have a limited interpretation experience, mainly helping out at events. My only public interpretation was Richard Stallman speech from english -> french at WSIS phase one in Geneva on December 11 2003 [http://www.wsis-online.net/smsi/classes/smsi/events/smsi-events-85559/event-view]
Experience in teamleading (mainly in public pharmacy), moderation and conflict management (pharmacy and professional school).
- Good knowledge about various licenses
- more than 6 years experience with Free Software, Linux advanced user (I really should pass LPI exams one day...)
- some 10+ years of teaching experience for various software, mainly Office applications. Teaching Open Office since 4+ years.
- Free Software Advocacy since 2000
- very basic hacking knowledge:
- Scheme (beginner)
- Assembler vor x86 (beginner)
- C (beginner)
- Java (beginner)
- Pascal (didn't touch it since 15+ years)
- Python (learning)
- used to build web pages using HTML and PHP
I really would love to code more, but my time schedule is very tight, unfortunately.
Booth work, marketing and sales.