Nebraska Team Projects
- Ubuntu Off The Shelf
- Ubuntu in the Non-Profit
- Support for OLUG's Winter Installfest on 1/20/2007
- If you are going attend installfest, please put your name here
- Ideas for 15 Minute Presentations
- Updating Your Software
- Installing Antivirus and Firewall Software
- Installing Automatix2
- Finding New Software (You know what you want to do, but not which software yoo need - good tie in for ubuntu community)
- Project Critical Mass
- Tell 1000 people
- Ubuntu Demo Squad
- The Testing Squad
- Ubuntu Road Show
- Edubuntu Road Show
- Ubuntu Non Profit Conference
- Boy Scouts of America Computer Merit Badge Classes
- Omaha Linux Users Group Installfests
Ubuntu Off The Shelf
The goal of Ubuntu Off The Shelf is to place Ubuntu CD's and the copies of the official Ubuntu book in every public library in Nebraska.
How The Project Works
Beginning in Omaha area, we're contacting library officials and asking them if they wou ld accept a donation of CD's and the Ubuntu book. We're using the i386 Dapper CD's for Ubuntu and Kubuntu, and taking advantage of some discounts we have with O'Reilly to purchase the books. We'll be tracking contacts and shipments in the table below.
Ubuntu and Kubuntu CD's for standard (not 64-bit) PC's. Obtained from ShipIt or copied locally.
- Copies of the Ubuntu Book. Currently planning on purchasing through O'Reilly for free shipping and Dave's Safari member discount.
Ubuntu In The Non Profit
Working with the Hope Center (www.hopecenterforkids.com) to fix up there computer area. Setting up general computer classes and eventually leading them in the direction of Edubuntu for the kids to use.
Project Critical Mass
In the short time I've been Team Contact, I can already see the folly of being a two person organization. The goal of Project Critical Mass is to recruit and retain members of the team, so that the team achieves a continuous nuclear reaction of energy and talent. My first step is to find the other Ubuntu users in this area and find out what they would like to do to help.