2009-11-03

Differences between revisions 5 and 6
Revision 5 as of 2009-11-18 19:10:20
Size: 3894
Editor: nameiner
Comment: ## page was copied from NorthCarolinaTeam/Meeting/2009-06-23
Revision 6 as of 2009-11-18 19:11:03
Size: 167
Editor: nameiner
Comment:
Deletions are marked like this. Additions are marked like this.
Line 1: Line 1:
## page was copied from NorthCarolinaTeam/Meeting/2009-06-23
Meeting Started at 1931hrs EST chaired by akgraner
Meeting Ended at 2114hrs EST
Line 6: Line 2:
 * akgraner
 * BugeyeD
 * Pak33m
 * bgryderclock
 * jfrorie
 * mikeh789
Line 15: Line 4:
 * bac
 * _marx_
 * Jfo
 * mboyd
Line 22: Line 7:
 * Open Items
   * Jfo to coordinate install fest with Jforie (results)
   * Jfo to send out email about install fest once details are finalized (results)
     *(JFo was unable to attend meeting but is working on ideas for Install Fests - details still being worked out)

   * Ubuntu Advocacy (and ideas for Ubuntu Global Jam Discussed here under Advocacy)
     *Ideas Discussed included but in no way are limited to the following please continue to think about this topic and bring ideas to the table.
       * bug jams
       * install fests
       * updating wiki's
       * placing cds in retail locations (this is ongoing)
       * working on empathy and banshee prior.. I was thinking in July
       * create a project page for the team
       * create idea page for Global Bug Jam
       * set up a empathy and banshee jam in July
       * setup an educational table/booth at large malls with a large "bring your old PC back to life w/ Free Software" banner.
       * Libraries
       * Bookstores
       * See where you can speak in your area
       * Work with LUG/PLUG and other F/OSS groups in your area
       * posters...
       * gas stations, red box, grocery stores
       * community colleges
       * non-profits
       *

    * Atlanta Linux Fest, September 19, 2009, Atlanta, GA
      * BoF (Bird of a Feather) Session
      * Combine Loco booth at Atlanta Linux Fest with other SE LoCo's
    * BarCampRDU - August 8, 2009 - Red Hat Offices, Raleigh, NC.
       
  * New Team Logo - Need to Decide on this ASAP
    (Logo will be based on the link below details to be worked out by and Logo in place by 1 Aug, 2009)
    * [[http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=17577806624&ref=ts#/photo.php?pid=265993&o=all&op=1&view=all&subj=17577806624&aid=-1&id=1517809393&oid=17577806624]]
   
  * Karmic Release Party (begin planning goal to add 2 more parties for total of 4 parties on/or about Release Day)
   * Venue
   (Charlotte, Winston-Salem, Raleigh, and Asheville area folks to begin looking for venues to hold release parties)
   * Swag (Giveaways)
     * akgraner to check on SWAG
   * Activities
    * Door Prizes
    * Trivia
    * Other Suggestions...
       
  * Open Discussion/Misc
   * Ubuntu Global Jam need Weekend of October 2-4th, 2009 (discussed in the Advocacy section earlier in meeting)
   * Meetings (Combination IRC and in person meetings where possible) (discussed earlier in meeting in conjunction with meeting-n-greets prior to Ubuntu Global Jam Day)
  
  * Next Meeting Information
   * Selection of Chair - _marx_ to chair meeting
   * Selection of Meeting Date - July 7, 2009 @7pm EDT in #ubuntu-us-ns on Freenode
Line 76: Line 8:
 * akgraner create idea page for Global Bug Jam
 * akgraner with kenvandine to set up a empathy and banshee jam in July
 * BugeyeD to check on mall details...
 * pak33m to bring up banner for SE LoCo joint events on the -us mailing list...
 * akgraner to finalize logo have in place by 1 Aug, 2009
 * jfrorie, to do the leg work on a meet-n-greet in CLT area..and send out the info to the mailing list here
 * akgraner and mikeh789 to work on a meet-n-greet in the Asheville, NC area and send out info to mailing list
 * Bugeyed and _marx_ to work on a meet-n-greet in the Winston-Salem, NC area and send out infor to mailing list
 * akgraner to work on a meet-n-greet in the Raleigh, NC Area and send info to mailing list

Attendance

Apologizes

=== Agenda with Meeting Notes===

Action Items

Log

  • See the log for this meeting here

NorthCarolinaTeam/Meeting/2009-11-03 (last edited 2009-11-18 19:22:20 by nameiner)