This the IRC log of the team meeting held December 15, 2009.
Dec 15 19:00:54 <_marx_> #startmeeting Dec 15 19:00:55 <MootBot> Meeting started at 18:00. The chair is _marx_. Dec 15 19:00:55 <MootBot> Commands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE] Dec 15 19:01:07 <_marx_> Hi Yall! Dec 15 19:01:27 <_marx_> it's NC so we _must have a southern greeting Dec 15 19:01:28 * akgraner_ (email@example.com) has joined #ubuntu-us-nc Dec 15 19:01:36 * holstein PRESENT Dec 15 19:01:43 <_marx_> roll call Dec 15 19:01:55 <_marx_> who all's here? Dec 15 19:02:02 * akgraner_ is now known as JayFo Dec 15 19:02:12 <JayFo> o/ Dec 15 19:02:22 <akgraner> o/ Dec 15 19:02:23 <tatertot> im here Dec 15 19:02:24 <akgraner> :) Dec 15 19:02:45 <tatertot> hi akgraner Dec 15 19:02:50 <JayFo> woo woo Dec 15 19:02:51 <akgraner> hey tatertot Dec 15 19:03:03 <akgraner> internalkernel, you here for the meeting? Dec 15 19:03:08 <_marx_> pretty sure there are others dealing with life that will be in and out Dec 15 19:03:32 <akgraner> hey holstein Dec 15 19:03:54 * holstein smiles @ akgraner Dec 15 19:04:25 <BugeyeD> o/ Dec 15 19:04:31 <_marx_> hey BugeyeD Dec 15 19:04:36 <BugeyeD> wazzzzup Dec 15 19:04:43 <alinuxfan> i am in and out with christmas lights Dec 15 19:04:51 <_marx_> zimbra looks awesome Dec 15 19:05:03 <BugeyeD> i'm in and out with my boy ... tonight is girlscouts, so it's guy time Dec 15 19:05:18 <internalkernel> akgraner: yes, mostly... I got the little one nipping at my heels... Dec 15 19:05:36 <JayFo> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NorthCarolinaTeam/Meeting Dec 15 19:05:47 <_marx_> hmk, family time for lots of folks Dec 15 19:05:49 <JayFo> ^^ agenda Dec 15 19:06:06 <_marx_> [topic] Old Business Dec 15 19:06:07 <MootBot> New Topic: Old Business Dec 15 19:06:26 <_marx_> i did manage to contact the scribes team late today Dec 15 19:06:54 <_marx_> to date there is no progress on moot bot's time issue Dec 15 19:07:10 <JayFo> I don't see that on the agenda Dec 15 19:07:26 <_marx_> it's not it was an action item from the last meeting Dec 15 19:07:31 <JayFo> oh Dec 15 19:07:53 * _marx_ remaings the KING of procrastinators Dec 15 19:08:35 <akgraner> I talked to the scribes team as well I am not sure it's just a simple fix... Dec 15 19:09:07 <akgraner> if being off 1 hour is the only issue with the logs then we just need to note that when linking to the mootbot link.. Dec 15 19:09:13 <_marx_> so action item now is to find out if we have the locobot logging this channel Dec 15 19:09:27 <_marx_> akgraner: I agree Dec 15 19:09:57 <JayFo> I don't see that on the agenda either... who wrote out this agenda? Dec 15 19:10:15 <_marx_> [action] _marx_ determine status of locobot Dec 15 19:10:17 <MootBot> ACTION received: _marx_ determine status of locobot Dec 15 19:10:27 <JayFo> I think we need to put open action items on each new meeting agenda Dec 15 19:10:36 <JayFo> akgraner, did you do this agenda? Dec 15 19:10:39 <JayFo> : Dec 15 19:10:43 <JayFo> :) Dec 15 19:10:48 <BugeyeD> _marx_: JayFo is our agenda nazi, apparently Dec 15 19:11:05 <BugeyeD> perhaps JayFo should be in charge of the agenda Dec 15 19:11:09 <JayFo> :P Dec 15 19:11:10 * _marx_ slides JayFo a cold one, beer that is Dec 15 19:11:15 <JayFo> oooh Dec 15 19:11:32 <BugeyeD> thank goodness you specified Dec 15 19:11:35 <JayFo> ooohi can do that Dec 15 19:11:44 <_marx_> [topic] advocacy Dec 15 19:11:45 <MootBot> New Topic: advocacy Dec 15 19:11:58 <_marx_> anything new on advocacy Dec 15 19:12:07 <JayFo> _marx_, ACTION JFo to do agenda :) Dec 15 19:12:33 <_marx_> [action] JayFo to edit agenda Dec 15 19:12:35 <MootBot> ACTION received: JayFo to edit agenda Dec 15 19:12:44 <JayFo> we can talk the details offline Dec 15 19:12:45 <_marx_> anything new on advocacy Dec 15 19:12:48 <JayFo> :) Dec 15 19:13:01 <BugeyeD> we held ubuntu hour and was able to give out an entire cd ... that was advocacy, right? Dec 15 19:13:15 <akgraner> I am working with all Linux Fests during 2010 to have ubucon's at each Dec 15 19:13:16 <JayFo> heh Dec 15 19:13:16 <_marx_> BugeyeD: yes Dec 15 19:13:54 <_marx_> akgraner: all Linux Fests? Dec 15 19:14:38 <akgraner> _marx_, yes - SCaLE, SELF, ALF, OLF, OnLF, LFNE so far Dec 15 19:14:55 <_marx_> ah w0w Dec 15 19:15:09 * JayFo reaches acronymn overload Dec 15 19:15:20 <tatertot> is the wiki a form of advocacy Dec 15 19:15:20 * BugeyeD has military flashbacks Dec 15 19:15:25 <_marx_> akgraner: can i make an action item for you to report to team mailing list on this effort? Dec 15 19:15:46 <akgraner> How about a wiki and I will email the list as I update the wiki Dec 15 19:16:06 <_marx_> sounds good Dec 15 19:16:16 <JayFo> cool Dec 15 19:16:58 <_marx_> [action] akgraner report to team mailing list on ubucons at Linux Fests for 2010 Dec 15 19:17:00 <MootBot> ACTION received: akgraner report to team mailing list on ubucons at Linux Fests for 2010 Dec 15 19:17:20 * _marx_ trying to give JayFo something to do next week ;) Dec 15 19:17:27 <akgraner> I submitted a talk for the WIOS at SCaLE Dec 15 19:17:28 <JayFo> hahahaha Dec 15 19:17:37 <internalkernel> holstein and I are working on the next ubu-hour in Asheville area... aiming for january 9th... Dec 15 19:17:50 <JayFo> sweet Dec 15 19:17:54 <tatertot> is the wiki a form of advocacy Dec 15 19:18:19 <tatertot> don't mean to sound redundant Dec 15 19:18:21 <JayFo> not sure what you mean? Dec 15 19:18:25 <_marx_> tatertot: i'm not sure of the correct answer for that Dec 15 19:18:35 <tatertot> well is the wiki the easiest way for us to reach out Dec 15 19:18:37 <akgraner> tatertot, in that it the 1st impression of our team yes Dec 15 19:18:53 <_marx_> good point akgraner Dec 15 19:19:06 <tatertot> well, i noticed earlier, that under upcoming meetings, it lists 12-01 as the next meeting Dec 15 19:19:35 <tatertot> just wondering if we are too focused on the future that we are forgetting the tools already in place Dec 15 19:19:35 <_marx_> tatertot: we'll cover that soon Dec 15 19:19:38 <akgraner> but, it should only be a guide to what we are doing, how we are doing and should give instructions on how to participate in the team and greater community Dec 15 19:19:41 <tatertot> k Dec 15 19:20:00 <internalkernel> it's like a TV guide for the soap opera of NC-Loco Dec 15 19:20:05 <_marx_> tatertot: a break in some wiki code Dec 15 19:20:27 <JayFo> internalkernel, lol Dec 15 19:20:35 <holstein> if possible, i think we should try and look at the 'how-to participate' entries like an outsider to Dec 15 19:20:48 <holstein> so someone coming there, can see what they can do Dec 15 19:20:52 <holstein> exactly Dec 15 19:20:53 <internalkernel> good point holstein Dec 15 19:20:59 <_marx_> indeed Dec 15 19:21:01 <holstein> like what akgraner has somewhere Dec 15 19:21:05 <holstein> i think its akgraner Dec 15 19:21:06 <tatertot> what about the forums? i know as a new user i checked the forums more than anything else Dec 15 19:21:15 <akgraner> we have forums Dec 15 19:21:16 <holstein> short sentences, presice Dec 15 19:21:19 <tatertot> last post was 2 weeks ago Dec 15 19:21:19 <holstein> that kind of thing Dec 15 19:21:22 <akgraner> and we can subscribe to threads Dec 15 19:21:34 <holstein> precise* Dec 15 19:21:38 <internalkernel> there's no directions on the forum to look here or the wiki for team involvement - can we add a sticky? Dec 15 19:21:57 <tatertot> or something about ubuntu hour in the forums or something? Dec 15 19:22:01 <akgraner> internalkernel, we used to have one Dec 15 19:22:17 <_marx_> internalkernel: that is a problem with approval too Dec 15 19:22:19 <akgraner> internalkernel, are you a forum guru Dec 15 19:22:20 <internalkernel> whenever we do a local meetup, I post it on the forums... and facebook. Dec 15 19:22:34 <tatertot> a lot goes on here and i feel that much of it gets lost in translation.. Dec 15 19:23:11 <internalkernel> _marx_: approval, for posting a sticky? Dec 15 19:23:16 <tatertot> the majority of this team revolves around irc, not that it is a bad thing, i'm just giving my still fresh perspective Dec 15 19:23:21 <_marx_> internalkernel: to where? Dec 15 19:23:45 <internalkernel> tatertot: I agree we need to link all these mediums together, so that people get the same info from any of them Dec 15 19:24:02 <internalkernel> _marx_: creating a sticky in the forums with info on team meetings, the wiki, mailing list, IRC, etc Dec 15 19:24:09 <_marx_> [topic] team approval Dec 15 19:24:10 <MootBot> New Topic: team approval Dec 15 19:24:24 <_marx_> this is part of team approval Dec 15 19:24:30 * holstein_too (i=4b8a3eec@gateway/web/freenode/x-zehatcejnrbgbzgy) has joined #ubuntu-us-nc Dec 15 19:24:42 * holstein has quit (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out)) Dec 15 19:24:45 <tatertot> being that ubuntu ships with no irc client (aside from a hidden option in pidgin) i think this should be one of the last resorts for people looking to get involved Dec 15 19:24:46 <_marx_> currently our forum presense isn't or doesn't comly Dec 15 19:25:05 <pgraner> tatertot: what are you talking about? Dec 15 19:25:23 <pgraner> tatertot: we ship and irc client default Dec 15 19:25:28 <tatertot> what irc client is easily accessible to new users in ubuntu Dec 15 19:25:33 <internalkernel> pidgin Dec 15 19:25:35 <_marx_> tatertot: i agree a cli only irc client isn't new user friendly Dec 15 19:25:37 <internalkernel> the web client Dec 15 19:26:01 <tatertot> that won't help people we hand live cd's too though will it? Dec 15 19:26:03 <_marx_> focus now on forums please Dec 15 19:26:07 <akgraner> that's why there are teams and people to help people in the community Dec 15 19:26:09 <tatertot> if they don't know forums and stuff to look for Dec 15 19:26:12 <pgraner> tatertot: how can you call the pidgin option hidden Dec 15 19:26:24 <pgraner> tatertot: you would have to set it up just like any other IM service Dec 15 19:26:44 <tatertot> because to reach the average microsoft user, i have to think like one, its not aim.... Dec 15 19:26:44 <pgraner> tatertot: IRC is the way we communicate in the Ubuntu community .... no question about that Dec 15 19:26:59 <pgraner> tatertot: irc is not AIM Dec 15 19:27:03 <tatertot> exactly Dec 15 19:27:17 <pgraner> tatertot: empathy is the new chat messaging client and it does IRC as well Dec 15 19:27:20 <tatertot> it is too verbose for most people that we will be reaching Dec 15 19:27:43 <akgraner> tatertot, no you are limiting people... I had no idea about IRC and learned in a day or two Dec 15 19:27:46 <tatertot> i am ignorant about empathy, i will be honest, i am still on hardy Dec 15 19:28:16 <akgraner> don't assume people won't like it or use it Dec 15 19:28:29 <internalkernel> tatertot: we can always put a how-to someplace and link to it in both the wikis and forums... Dec 15 19:28:30 <_marx_> internalkernel: would you like to investigate what it takes for us to have northcarolina.ubuntuforums.org? Dec 15 19:28:30 <pgraner> tatertot: I disagree, it is the culture and we should not change it to accommodate MS users Dec 15 19:28:36 <akgraner> and we don't as a team say we are going to "preach" no microsoft Dec 15 19:28:38 <tatertot> please bear in mind i am not trying to limit people at all, i am trying to come up with the simplest and most effective way for us to effectively communicate with new clients Dec 15 19:28:41 <akgraner> we just give people a choice Dec 15 19:29:05 <internalkernel> _marx_: sure, where do I start? point me in the direction... Dec 15 19:29:16 <holstein_too> its a very useful tool (IRC), i like the idea of a tutorial somewhere Dec 15 19:29:27 <akgraner> they aren't considered clients they are community Dec 15 19:29:28 <holstein_too> maybe screenshots and all that Dec 15 19:29:30 <tatertot> i understand that we are giving people a choice, but if you don't make the choice relatively comfortable, then there is no choice, you make the decision for them Dec 15 19:29:44 <pgraner> If you I go to a foreign country I don't expect people to talk to me in english, I make the attempt to learn the language, and the same holds for this community Dec 15 19:29:53 <pgraner> s/you//g Dec 15 19:29:54 <sinBot> If I go to a foreign country I don't expect people to talk to me in english, I make the attempt to learn the language, and the same holds for this community Dec 15 19:29:56 <akgraner> internalkernel, look on the bottom of the NC wiki Dec 15 19:29:57 <internalkernel> I think this going off subject Dec 15 19:30:00 <akgraner> then go from there Dec 15 19:30:01 <_marx_> ORDER, ORDER IN THE ROOM Dec 15 19:30:08 <internalkernel> akgraner: ok Dec 15 19:30:10 <tatertot> pgraner, we will always be a minority that way... Dec 15 19:30:18 <akgraner> about all the places to get involved Dec 15 19:30:39 <_marx_> everyone calmed down now? Dec 15 19:30:42 <pgraner> tatertot: /me thinks not, we rise people up not dumb them down Dec 15 19:30:47 <akgraner> tatertot, according to google there are 13 million Ubuntu Users Dec 15 19:30:58 <akgraner> it is the most popular Linux flavor atm Dec 15 19:31:12 <tatertot> that's basically what i am saying, we can't expect them to learn ubuntu, we have to learn how to talk to them in their language (microsoft) and go from there Dec 15 19:31:19 <tatertot> play them on their field Dec 15 19:31:24 <JayFo> no Dec 15 19:31:27 <akgraner> no Dec 15 19:31:29 <JayFo> not at all Dec 15 19:31:29 <internalkernel> what if we have to talk to them in macintosh... Dec 15 19:31:30 <pgraner> no Dec 15 19:31:31 <tatertot> maybe i am in left-field, i think i have valid points Dec 15 19:31:47 <pgraner> sorry I can't buy that Dec 15 19:31:50 <internalkernel> you do have valid points, but... it's also about them meeting us half way Dec 15 19:32:04 <internalkernel> I mean what the hell do you use for IRC if your on windows? Dec 15 19:32:07 <JayFo> we are off topic for this meeting Dec 15 19:32:09 <_marx_> date Dec 15 19:32:13 <_marx_> indeed Dec 15 19:32:15 <JayFo> let's get back on track Dec 15 19:32:17 <_marx_> ORDER, ORDER IN THE ROOM Dec 15 19:32:29 <JayFo> why are you yelling? Dec 15 19:32:44 <_marx_> like a judge banging his gavel Dec 15 19:32:55 <tatertot> <--done for now, will be quiet, still think there are better ways to sell this product. even if it is free, it still needs to be sold. Dec 15 19:32:55 <JayFo> no need for that Dec 15 19:33:09 <_marx_> internalkernel: i'll find out about the forums deal Dec 15 19:33:15 <internalkernel> ok... Dec 15 19:33:27 <_marx_> [topic] roadmap details Dec 15 19:33:28 <MootBot> New Topic: roadmap details Dec 15 19:33:29 <JayFo> tatertot, please refer to the links you were provided by akgraner Dec 15 19:33:58 <internalkernel> wait, did we finish loco approval? Dec 15 19:34:18 <_marx_> several items on the roadmap need to be filled out and marked complete Dec 15 19:34:23 <akgraner> internalkernel, forum link already in place http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=278 Dec 15 19:34:35 <_marx_> internalkernel: this should be a sub topic really Dec 15 19:34:42 <internalkernel> ok... Dec 15 19:35:03 <akgraner> internalkernel, _marx_ JayFo lets deal with forums offline Dec 15 19:35:06 <JayFo> k Dec 15 19:35:08 <_marx_> but the sticky post there is owned by the creator Dec 15 19:35:12 <akgraner> seems to be sidtracking the meeting Dec 15 19:35:18 <internalkernel> yeah, we'll work that out... Dec 15 19:35:34 <_marx_> roadmap Dec 15 19:35:36 <internalkernel> so that's an action item then - forums need to have similar info as the wikis Dec 15 19:35:45 <internalkernel> a sticky I mean... Dec 15 19:36:29 <_marx_> [action] internalkernel to check on forum sticky post update it to current info Dec 15 19:36:30 <MootBot> ACTION received: internalkernel to check on forum sticky post update it to current info Dec 15 19:36:39 <internalkernel> sweet... Dec 15 19:36:54 <akgraner> here is an example of on of the best road maps every https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HondurasTeam/Honduras_ApprovalApplication Dec 15 19:37:31 <akgraner> the Honduras team was approved today and the LoCo Council said this was one of the best examples they have seen Dec 15 19:37:58 <JayFo> works for me Dec 15 19:38:03 <JayFo> let's emulate that Dec 15 19:38:08 <JayFo> Ilike it Dec 15 19:38:10 <pgraner> Good work Dec 15 19:38:15 * _marx_ concurs Dec 15 19:38:27 <holstein_too> w00t! Dec 15 19:38:30 * internalkernel nods to concurrence... Dec 15 19:38:31 * _marx_ has family connections down there too Dec 15 19:38:39 <akgraner> it also shows the actions they took to be approved Dec 15 19:38:48 <akgraner> we can do similar things Dec 15 19:40:00 <internalkernel> so, we need to determine a road map then Dec 15 19:40:16 <akgraner> we have a road map wiki Dec 15 19:40:21 <internalkernel> lol... Dec 15 19:40:27 <_marx_> well we have one it nees flesh on the bones Dec 15 19:40:31 <internalkernel> where? Dec 15 19:40:58 <akgraner> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NorthCarolinaTeam/Roadmap Dec 15 19:41:19 <akgraner> but the format on there is the format used on Blueprints in Launchpad Dec 15 19:41:19 * _marx_ slides akgraner a gold star Dec 15 19:41:51 <_marx_> she made the bones now we need to add the flesh Dec 15 19:42:03 <JayFo> we also need to work out governance of this team Dec 15 19:42:06 <akgraner> if someone wants to work with me on the raodmap wiki and LP Blueprints I am happy to have the help and will be glad to teach others the how and why behind it Dec 15 19:42:38 <akgraner> JayFo, please add that to the agenda for the next meeting Dec 15 19:42:43 <akgraner> it's not on this one Dec 15 19:42:47 <_marx_> JayFo: Jan 10 meeting agenda item Dec 15 19:42:47 <JayFo> will do Dec 15 19:42:50 <akgraner> you are off topic Dec 15 19:43:10 <JayFo> will doi was thinking it should also be a roadmap item Dec 15 19:43:30 <_marx_> good point, you can add it Dec 15 19:43:36 <_marx_> to the roadmap Dec 15 19:43:42 <JayFo> I'll add as a roadmap item and the agenda Dec 15 19:44:04 <JayFo> akgraner, will you help me with the blueprint? Dec 15 19:44:12 <_marx_> [action] JayFo to add governance to agenda and roadmap Dec 15 19:44:14 <MootBot> ACTION received: JayFo to add governance to agenda and roadmap Dec 15 19:44:28 <internalkernel> I'll throw some hands in there too, to help with the roadmap and blueprint... Dec 15 19:44:31 <akgraner> JayFo, yes I can do that get with me offline after meeting to set up a time Dec 15 19:44:44 <JayFo> k, will do Dec 15 19:44:46 <akgraner> internalkernel, ok you and JayFo then Dec 15 19:44:56 <internalkernel> skype'd Dec 15 19:45:01 <JayFo> good deal Dec 15 19:45:25 * _marx_ excuses himself for one min Dec 15 19:45:52 <internalkernel> so... for team approval, we have the roadmap and blueprint that will get worked out... do we need a due date? Dec 15 19:46:02 <JayFo> TOPIC project outreach to rural areas Dec 15 19:46:18 <JayFo> want to keep the ball rolling Dec 15 19:46:21 <akgraner> who doesn't live in a rural area Dec 15 19:46:26 <internalkernel> lmao Dec 15 19:46:52 <_marx_> back Dec 15 19:46:53 <akgraner> has everyone looked at the link on the agenda Dec 15 19:47:08 <akgraner> MA has some great ideas for reaching out to rural areas Dec 15 19:47:09 <tatertot> as far as rural areas, i have placed a laptop at the homeless shelter with ubuntu on it, felt it would bebetter placed there rather than a library Dec 15 19:47:24 <_marx_> [topic] rural outreach Dec 15 19:47:25 <MootBot> New Topic: rural outreach Dec 15 19:47:33 <_marx_> thx JayFo Dec 15 19:47:52 <JayFo> no problem _marx_ Dec 15 19:48:41 <tatertot> ? for everyone, is rural defined as geography or inaccessibility? Dec 15 19:48:44 <_marx_> i have a tenuious contact in Stokes County Dec 15 19:49:00 <_marx_> to me rural means no major city Dec 15 19:49:24 <tatertot> ok, then i was off base, i will focus more on outlying cities Dec 15 19:49:48 <_marx_> Stokes borders Forsyth and is the border areas are bedroom communities for folks working in Winston Dec 15 19:50:08 <_marx_> it's border areas Dec 15 19:50:23 <_marx_> but it's mostly boonies Dec 15 19:50:44 <_marx_> I thought the MD project a good idea Dec 15 19:51:13 <tatertot> md project? Dec 15 19:51:18 <_marx_> perhaps one we can pursue in the next year Dec 15 19:51:44 <tatertot> traveling around to meet new people thing? Dec 15 19:51:44 <_marx_> maryland is a weird state geographically Dec 15 19:51:56 <holstein_too> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MarylandTeam/Events/MDTour/Finksburg Dec 15 19:52:03 <_marx_> it has outer banks and mountains just like NC Dec 15 19:52:21 <tatertot> gotcha; that is a good idea Dec 15 19:53:04 <_marx_> the idea would be to have a small group do a demo at some community location Dec 15 19:53:50 <akgraner> also when people do stuff can you add it here https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NorthCarolinaTeam/MonthlyProjects Dec 15 19:54:00 <akgraner> there is a link off the main NC wiki under projects Dec 15 19:54:09 <holstein_too> mars hill is pretty rural Dec 15 19:54:21 <akgraner> this will make it easy to write the monthly reports Dec 15 19:54:28 <holstein_too> some of us asheville folk could go to mars hill college Dec 15 19:54:39 <_marx_> contact points could be libraries, civic organizations, churches Dec 15 19:54:48 <holstein_too> i bet that would be easy to set up Dec 15 19:56:07 <akgraner> I can tell you that shipit frowns of placing pressed CD's in places Dec 15 19:56:14 <_marx_> let's put this on the next meetings agenda as well with those interested responding how? Dec 15 19:56:34 <akgraner> however if you want to burn the yourself and print the covers they are cool with that Dec 15 19:57:06 * nameiner_ (firstname.lastname@example.org) has joined #ubuntu-us-nc Dec 15 19:57:55 <tatertot> so we aren't supposed to put ubuntu cds in public places? just ones that we burn and label ourselves? Dec 15 19:58:04 <_marx_> agreed? rural outreach again next meeting with pondering by possible participants? Dec 15 19:58:23 <tatertot> _marx_, +1 Dec 15 19:58:43 <akgraner> tatertot, yes we want people to ask for the pressed ones....as if they ask they are more likely to use them Dec 15 19:59:12 <JayFo> we also have trouble getting them because we are not yet approved Dec 15 19:59:32 <tatertot> wheeew, i ordered too many yesterday for you to tell me no Dec 15 19:59:48 <akgraner> tatertot, what? Dec 15 19:59:52 <akgraner> I am not telling you no Dec 15 19:59:53 <_marx_> which we will be by 03.10 Dec 15 20:00:01 <tatertot> i ordered 500 cd's from the ubuntu store Dec 15 20:00:08 <_marx_> oofta Dec 15 20:00:10 <akgraner> tatertot, you paid for them Dec 15 20:00:12 <tatertot> i was like WTF!!! Dec 15 20:00:13 <tatertot> yah Dec 15 20:00:14 <nameiner_> wow Dec 15 20:00:19 <akgraner> that's different Dec 15 20:00:25 <tatertot> how so? Dec 15 20:00:28 <akgraner> if you buy you can do whatever you want Dec 15 20:00:36 <_marx_> oofta Dec 15 20:00:56 <tatertot> <- will do whatever he wants anyways, but wants to be courteous Dec 15 20:00:58 <tatertot> :) Dec 15 20:01:00 * _marx_ skipping the next agenda item Dec 15 20:01:08 <akgraner> wait Dec 15 20:01:12 <_marx_> ok Dec 15 20:02:03 <_marx_> [topic]syncing loco events with release cycle Dec 15 20:02:04 <MootBot> New Topic: syncing loco events with release cycle Dec 15 20:02:07 <akgraner> tatertot, shipit (ie Canonical) will not pay for just putting out CD's anywhere for free.. if we want to purchase them or make them b/c we as a team feel like we will see return on them then fine.. Dec 15 20:02:28 <akgraner> I was just explaining the reason for them not supporting an idea like that Dec 15 20:02:36 <tatertot> oh ok Dec 15 20:02:43 <JayFo> yeah Dec 15 20:02:46 <tatertot> so as long as i buy them i am cool Dec 15 20:02:47 <_marx_> akgraner: i think he just said he bought 500 Dec 15 20:02:55 <JayFo> tatertot, yes Dec 15 20:02:58 <tatertot> they dont wish to subsidize that, i get it Dec 15 20:03:48 <_marx_> tatertot: you bought 500? Dec 15 20:04:01 <tatertot> yeah it was like 800 $ or something Dec 15 20:04:14 <tatertot> a lot of money, i thin i coul dhave done better burning them myself Dec 15 20:04:21 <tatertot> oh well. Dec 15 20:04:29 <tatertot> i cannot type tonight. Dec 15 20:04:36 <JayFo> so, what events are we not synced with? Dec 15 20:04:41 <_marx_> okay let's move on Dec 15 20:05:10 <_marx_> we need GlobalJam venues in every major city Dec 15 20:05:23 <akgraner> ok who is planning them? Dec 15 20:05:24 <_marx_> Release Parties in every major city Dec 15 20:05:34 <akgraner> again who is planning them Dec 15 20:05:56 <akgraner> we already do that Dec 15 20:05:58 <internalkernel> you are Dec 15 20:06:00 <akgraner> when and where we can Dec 15 20:06:01 <tatertot> any wiki regarding policy for globaljams? i will throw one if i know what to do Dec 15 20:06:01 <JayFo> lol Dec 15 20:06:20 <_marx_> I'll book Foothill Brewery for Winston release party Dec 15 20:06:33 <JayFo> tatertot, you can search the wiki Dec 15 20:06:38 <tatertot> k Dec 15 20:06:39 <akgraner> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam Dec 15 20:06:42 <_marx_> [action] _marx_ book Foothills for realease party Dec 15 20:06:44 <MootBot> ACTION received: _marx_ book Foothills for realease party Dec 15 20:06:52 <tatertot> thank you akgraner Dec 15 20:07:24 <akgraner> tatertot, please find me later on in the week so I can help you navigate the wiki's Dec 15 20:07:28 <_marx_> i still can't think of a good place here for a Jam day Dec 15 20:07:52 <akgraner> not that I mind you asking.. but a lot of your questions can be answered by just using the wiki's Dec 15 20:07:54 <internalkernel> Im sure we can find a spot for one up here in asheville Dec 15 20:07:56 <_marx_> accessability, connectivity remain problems Dec 15 20:07:58 <tatertot> wiki says 'Collect bugs, fix them, testing, documenting and translating. Get together and make Ubuntu better. ' what if I don't know about that? Dec 15 20:08:06 <akgraner> the asking follow-up questions Dec 15 20:08:38 <akgraner> tatertot, I'll talk to you about all that offline Dec 15 20:08:43 <internalkernel> I was thinking about a bug jam... but it may be me by myself... Dec 15 20:08:43 <akgraner> not on agenda Dec 15 20:08:45 <tatertot> k Dec 15 20:09:07 <akgraner> so are we on release party still Dec 15 20:09:48 <nameiner_> I wouldn't mind organizing another release party in Raleigh, if akgraner is ok with that ;) Dec 15 20:09:51 <_marx_> could everyone here send me an email asking if I've booked the joint yet Dec 15 20:09:54 <akgraner> :-) Dec 15 20:10:02 <akgraner> you rock you know what you are doing Dec 15 20:10:10 <akgraner> nameiner_, ^^^ Dec 15 20:10:13 <nameiner_> I could use some more human connections though Dec 15 20:10:19 <nameiner_> thanks akgraner Dec 15 20:10:21 <akgraner> just let me know so I can ask for stuff Dec 15 20:10:23 <akgraner> for you Dec 15 20:10:28 <_marx_> cattle prods only hurt briefly Dec 15 20:10:39 <akgraner> we aren't approved so I have to ask for permission to get stuff Dec 15 20:11:24 <_marx_> considering the hour let's move wiki page structure until next meeting Dec 15 20:11:36 <akgraner> _marx_, +1 Dec 15 20:12:01 <_marx_> [topic] meeting date and time Dec 15 20:12:02 <MootBot> New Topic: meeting date and time Dec 15 20:12:25 <_marx_> do we need to poll the mailing list for a different day and time? Dec 15 20:13:12 <akgraner> the 1st is the next date Dec 15 20:13:18 <akgraner> I think we should skip it Dec 15 20:13:30 <akgraner> nm Dec 15 20:13:38 <akgraner> wronf calendar Dec 15 20:13:43 <akgraner> wrong even Dec 15 20:13:46 <tatertot> i was gonna say Dec 15 20:13:48 <_marx_> no, first and second tuesdays is 4 and 18 Dec 15 20:14:06 <akgraner> yeah just looked at the right year Dec 15 20:14:10 <akgraner> and month...haha Dec 15 20:14:11 <nameiner_> actually it's 5th and 19th Dec 15 20:14:35 <_marx_> the mailing list has 130 subscribers but we get a core of 15 or so here Dec 15 20:15:01 <_marx_> could we get more w/a different meeting day and time? Dec 15 20:15:14 <akgraner> we've polled the list twice Dec 15 20:15:14 <tatertot> so we are as go for the 4th @ 7pm? Dec 15 20:15:30 <nameiner_> the 4th is a Monday Dec 15 20:15:37 <akgraner> 5th is the 1st Tuesday Dec 15 20:16:03 <_marx_> yes 5 and 19 Dec 15 20:16:12 <_marx_> k Dec 15 20:16:14 <internalkernel> 5 and 19 Dec 15 20:16:21 <internalkernel> are we on the same page now? Dec 15 20:16:24 <internalkernel> :) Dec 15 20:16:26 <akgraner> :-) Dec 15 20:16:30 <_marx_> any one else want to try chairing a meeting? Dec 15 20:16:31 <akgraner> some calendar at least Dec 15 20:16:39 <akgraner> same even Dec 15 20:16:44 <tatertot> _marx_, i think 8 would be better, most people are done with work & family time around then Dec 15 20:16:48 <internalkernel> _marx_: I'll give it a shot, if it's open Dec 15 20:16:55 <nameiner_> _marx_: I personally have some trouble with the time since I usually eat dinner around 7pm, that's why I often forget the meeting, but that's just me. Dec 15 20:17:22 <akgraner> tatertot, I have another meeting on Tues at 8 then another at 9 on Tuesdays Dec 15 20:17:27 <tatertot> ok Dec 15 20:17:33 <BugeyeD> my kids go down at 8pm usually Dec 15 20:17:38 <_marx_> internalkernel: you have chair next year's next meeting Dec 15 20:17:39 <internalkernel> mine too Dec 15 20:17:39 <akgraner> so for about half an hour I have overlapping meetings Dec 15 20:17:41 <tatertot> how about sending the mailing list reminder a day earlier then Dec 15 20:17:56 <internalkernel> _marx_: thanks... I appreciate the experience Dec 15 20:18:04 <_marx_> tatertot: i've been trying to do better at that Dec 15 20:18:17 <akgraner> _marx_, you are... Thanks for that btw Dec 15 20:18:18 <tatertot> i asked the room this morning around 10 only to find out _marx_ sent email around 9:30 Dec 15 20:18:25 <internalkernel> is there a way to track who receive on the mailing list? Dec 15 20:18:39 <akgraner> _marx_, I'll put on my todo forum, dents, tweets, FB and Blog Dec 15 20:18:47 <akgraner> to announce upcoming meetings Dec 15 20:19:03 * _marx_ nods at akgraner Dec 15 20:19:32 <internalkernel> I'll get the forums straightened out by then as well... so it should all point to the same place. Dec 15 20:19:43 <tatertot> so the forum is handled by internalkernel to keep all things tied in? Dec 15 20:19:43 <akgraner> internalkernel, great! Dec 15 20:19:47 <_marx_> nameiner_: we usually eat around 9-10, european style Dec 15 20:20:19 <internalkernel> tatertot: yes, I'll sort out a sticky with similar info to the wiki and keep it updated... Dec 15 20:20:31 <internalkernel> if you'd like to help, PM me... Dec 15 20:20:39 <tatertot> internalkernel, thank you sir Dec 15 20:20:44 <_marx_> okay time and date or day stays the same internalkernel will chair the next meeting Dec 15 20:20:44 <nameiner_> _marx_: hmmm, once again one of these "european" things that I as a european never experienced :) We ate at 6 flat at home Dec 15 20:20:46 <internalkernel> I'll even include a freaking how to use pidgin/IRC... Dec 15 20:20:50 <internalkernel> :) Dec 15 20:21:18 <tatertot> you are the man Dec 15 20:21:32 <_marx_> [topic] rants Dec 15 20:21:33 <MootBot> New Topic: rants Dec 15 20:21:50 <internalkernel> you only left me 20 minutes for rants!!! Dec 15 20:21:53 <_marx_> [topic] no topic Dec 15 20:21:54 <MootBot> New Topic: no topic Dec 15 20:22:12 * JayFo has quit ("Ex-Chat") Dec 15 20:22:36 <_marx_> i show 8:22 Dec 15 20:22:41 <internalkernel> I wasn't done ranting Dec 15 20:22:51 <tatertot> i can rant like no other, but i will spare thee Dec 15 20:22:56 <BugeyeD> i was done listening Dec 15 20:23:01 <internalkernel> lol Dec 15 20:23:01 <_marx_> pgraner: please don't start stuff during a meeting Dec 15 20:23:03 <akgraner> remember these logs are searchable Dec 15 20:23:21 <internalkernel> akgraner: am I bad? Dec 15 20:23:30 <akgraner> pgraner, will be here in a sec... Dec 15 20:23:56 <akgraner> and need to remain professional Dec 15 20:24:10 <_marx_> of course Dec 15 20:24:17 <pgraner> _marx_: I suggest you call me now xxx xxx xxxx Dec 15 20:24:27 <pgraner> _marx_: I don't play silly games Dec 15 20:24:52 <_marx_> well nor i we lost time on that issue Dec 15 20:25:21 * holstein_too is laying down.. laterz Dec 15 20:25:25 <tatertot> meeting over? Dec 15 20:25:33 <_marx_> #endmeeting Dec 15 20:25:34 <MootBot> Meeting finished at 19:25.