Meeting opened by BugeyeD at 23:00
_marx_ is really not here
<BugeyeD> [LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NorthCarolinaTeam/Meeting
<BugeyeD> wow, lotsa contributors.
<adam_vollrath> I'm half here
<BugeyeD> holstein: you fall in?
<BugeyeD> good, you can swim
<BugeyeD> ignoring new stuff, this should be a quickie meeting. at least according to the agenda.
<BugeyeD> we ready?
<BugeyeD> the only thing i know of that's outstanding from last month ...
<BugeyeD> [TOPIC] Open Action Items: (holstein) document meeting chair schedule
Open Action Items: (holstein) document meeting chair schedule
<holstein> and i made that happen a bit ago
<holstein> i sent out to the list just now
<holstein> i added the list and order to
<BugeyeD> cool, thx
<holstein> we can make a separate one if needed
<holstein> but i figure since its just a few of us
<holstein> and we'll be looking at that page anyways
<BugeyeD> works for me
<akgraner> +1 from me
<BugeyeD> uh, i hate the shift key ...
<_marx_> looks good
<holstein> and if somebody new wants to pop in there
<holstein> go for it
<_marx_> wait no vote called
<BugeyeD> do we need to vote? it was an action item to make a list. he made a list.
<holstein> yeah, we might not need to
<holstein> we can
<akgraner> vote for what?
<holstein> but i said i would do it last time
<akgraner> I thought we voted that we wanted people to do it last time
<holstein> and it was voted in then as a package
<BugeyeD> so this is just closure. right?
<akgraner> the action item from the last vote
<BugeyeD> anything else that was an action item that didn't actually make it onto the agenda?
<akgraner> well nothing from last time - but something that came up yesterday
<BugeyeD> [TOPIC] New Items:
<akgraner> So if you go to the wiki pages and change your preferences to the "light" theme
<holstein> akgraner: personal pages?
<akgraner> all pages
<akgraner> this is the view starting on the 13th
<_marx_> user preferences on the wiki
<akgraner> the wiki's get the new theme next week
<holstein> is there anything we need to do?
<BugeyeD> does this get rolled out automatically? are you suggesting we go ahead and change just to see it?
<holstein> in preperation?
<_marx_> it's pretty ugly currently
<akgraner> I just wanted everyone to be prepared
<akgraner> that we may have to fix things
<holstein> Sgiomlaireachd: you still around?
<BugeyeD> i believe moinmoin has a method of dictating a theme for a given page.
<akgraner> yes - but - after the 13th the default will be the light theme
<BugeyeD> [TOPIC] New Items: new 'light' theme rolled out on the 13th, check all team pages for breakage
New Items: new 'light' theme rolled out on the 13th, check all team pages for breakage
<akgraner> go to user preferences and change the theme and you'll see how it's going to look
<holstein> great heads up akgraner
<Sgiomlaireachd> yes i am
<holstein> cool, just making sure you get counted present if you want to be Sgiomlaireachd
<akgraner> also I wanted to mention lets start thinking about goals for the -n cycle
<BugeyeD> hmm ... changing theme yields internal server error ...
<akgraner> UDS is the last week of the month
<akgraner> BugeyeD, refresh and you should be able to see it
<akgraner> that happened to me yesterday when I changed my preferences as well
<BugeyeD> looks like it's going to time out. i think everyone on the planet followed your suggestion. right now.
<BugeyeD> um, ewww ...
<BugeyeD> so far i'm not a fan
<BugeyeD> it's colored like a retro kitchen
<_marx_> me neither
<akgraner> things like lines in the table and lines between sections aren't there anymore
<BugeyeD> definitely does not jive with our light blue stuff
<BugeyeD> you're right, borders are missing
<akgraner> so I was thinking one of the goals for the -n cycle would be updating the wikis to go with the new theme
<_marx_> dang i thought that was a purple
<BugeyeD> so is this a work in progress?
<holstein> we just got our light blue stuff :/
<akgraner> BugeyeD, yep
<akgraner> wikis are always a work in progress
<BugeyeD> good. so hopefully it'll get somewhat better (borders back) by itself.
<holstein> i dont think its all that bad
<BugeyeD> it's almost the color of circus peanuts
<BugeyeD> okay, plenty of work to get our colors re-coordinated.
<BugeyeD> anything else to add to the agenda?
<akgraner> -n team goals
<BugeyeD> [TOPIC] New Items: -n team goals
New Items: -n team goals
<adam_vollrath> what page are y'all looking at?
<adam_vollrath> er were looking at
<akgraner> we need to think about what we want to accomplish during the 11.04 release cycle
<BugeyeD> i'm just looking at our own team pages after having changed the theme to 'light'
<akgraner> adam_vollrath, our team wikis but you have to go under user preferences and change the theme to the 'light' theme
<BugeyeD> adam_vollrath: which means you have to log in.
<adam_vollrath> nevermind thanx
<BugeyeD> without logging in and setting your own preference, you get the default which has not yet been changed
<BugeyeD> akgraner: suggested goals?
<akgraner> yeah - wiki page updates
<BugeyeD> my goal is to keep my chin above water
<akgraner> also a way to distribute the CD's around the team
<BugeyeD> [TOPIC] -n team goals: wiki page updates, color coordination, etc.
-n team goals: wiki page updates, color coordination, etc.
<akgraner> we need to try and list what events we as a team want to participate in during that cycle
<holstein> maybe we can have a devide and conquer kind of IRC attack on the wikis sometime soon
<BugeyeD> do you guys do ubuntu hour together? that'd be my suggestion for cd distribution
<akgraner> sounds like a great plan for say a Global Jam
<akgraner> BugeyeD, I meant - to get them to you all in the Winston area, to holstein et all in the Asheville area and others
<holstein> akgraner: you get them?
<holstein> the discs?
<BugeyeD> akgraner: exactly. come back to winston and have a cup'o'joe with us
<akgraner> POC for the various areas based on the events people are attending etc
<holstein> i go that way go that way often enough
<holstein> if you get some to me
<holstein> i can get them to someone who would meet me
holstein was out in raliegh a couple weeks ago
BugeyeD will be there monday
<akgraner> so I would say - for the next meeting we work on 1 - list of events people will be attending 2- who needs pressed CD's vs burned cd's vs usb keys
<akgraner> 2 - game plan for attacking the wikis
<holstein> i like it
<akgraner> 3- a simple way to get the word out in each of our areas about Ubuntu
<akgraner> (start simple then add to it)
<holstein> maybe just the FB page
<BugeyeD> [TOPIC] New Items: generate list of events with planned attendance
New Items: generate list of events with planned attendance
<holstein> a twitter
<akgraner> we have those
<akgraner> ubuntunc on twitter and Identi.ca
<holstein> next time we'll get more into that
<BugeyeD> [TOPIC] New Items: generate list of media needs (pressed cds vs burned vs usb keys)
New Items: generate list of media needs (pressed cds vs burned vs usb keys)
<holstein> thats just easy
<holstein> and effective
<akgraner> and whatever other people want to add to the list
<BugeyeD> [TOPIC] New Items: work up a plan of attack for the wiki fixes
New Items: work up a plan of attack for the wiki fixes
<akgraner> nothing is set in stone and if other people have cool ideas then we just need to get them added and acted upon
holstein wants a USB key :/
<holstein> i didnt realize that was an option
BugeyeD does too
<akgraner> but lets have a UDS-N goals landing area - so we can all see what people are wanting or working on and can decide what and where they would like to help
<akgraner> holstein, you have to make them
<holstein> well, i got one then
<BugeyeD> i just read on our local list that ubuntu has an app for that
<holstein> i was thinking some fancy thing with a sticker one it
<holstein> on it*
<akgraner> I try to have one of each option for people when I go to an event - but failed to bring them to the last event I was at
<holstein> BugeyeD: it works pretty well
<BugeyeD> never knew about it until today
<holstein> i usually end up using unetbootin though
<BugeyeD> i've always rolled my own, not always a pretty sight
<akgraner> Oh Ubuntu Open Week is next week
<holstein> i like it
<akgraner> in case people want to attend
<holstein> can we get an email out to the list with the minutes?
<holstein> or something
<akgraner> I need to email the list about that with links and stuff
<holstein> with these upcoming branstorming ideas
<holstein> akgraner: cool
<BugeyeD> [TOPIC] Announcements: ubuntu open week is this coming week
Announcements: ubuntu open week is this coming week
<akgraner> action me to email the list about Open Week
<akgraner> (that way I won't forget)
<BugeyeD> [TOPIC] Announcements: UDS is the last week of the month
Announcements: UDS is the last week of the month
<BugeyeD> [ACTION] akgraner to email the list regarding ubuntu open week
akgraner to email the list regarding ubuntu open week
<akgraner> I'll be there and don't forget you can participate in UDS via remote participation
<holstein> oh yeah?
<akgraner> I need to blog about that again
<BugeyeD> wait, you have a blog?
<BugeyeD> any other announcements? other topics?
<akgraner> ok that's all I got (sorry for not adding it to the agenda)
<BugeyeD> no worries, it should end up there now
<BugeyeD> anyone? beuller?
<holstein> coxn: is up next in the rotation
<BugeyeD> [TOPIC] Next Meeting Chair: coxn
Next Meeting Chair: coxn
<Sgiomlaireachd> what is coxn
<BugeyeD> i'm not exactly sure, but it has the ability to type
<BugeyeD> anything else? last call.
<_marx_> a coxswain is the guy that calls the strokes in a rowboat
BugeyeD probably should have known that, but didn't.
<BugeyeD> not that we used oars on the submarines ...
<BugeyeD> alrighty then
Meeting closed at 23:36
- akgraner to email the list regarding ubuntu open week