2010-10-06

Differences between revisions 3 and 4
Revision 3 as of 2010-10-06 23:56:26
Size: 14701
Editor: docsis-cbm-15-101
Comment:
Revision 4 as of 2010-10-07 00:00:42
Size: 16012
Editor: docsis-cbm-15-101
Comment:
Deletions are marked like this. Additions are marked like this.
Line 1: Line 1:
## page was copied from NorthCarolinaTeam/Meeting/2010-09-01
/* Describe NorthCarolinaTeam/MeetingTemplate here. */
<<Include(NorthCarolinaTeam/SubHeader2)>>

||<tablestyle="float:right; font-size: 0.9em; width:40%; background:#D9D9F3; margin: 0 0 1em 1em;" style="padding:0.5em;"><<TableOfContents>>||

= Ubuntu NC LoCo Team IRC Meeting - October 6, 2010 =

== Overview ==
{{{
18:57 <Mootbot-UK> Meeting started at 23:00. The chair is BugeyeD.
18:58 <Mootbot-UK> LINK received: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NorthCarolinaTeam/Meeting
19:00 <Mootbot-UK> New Topic: Open Action Items: (holstein) document meeting chair schedule
19:05 <Mootbot-UK> New Topic: New Items:
19:08 <Mootbot-UK> New Topic: New Items: new 'light' theme rolled out on the 13th, check all team pages for breakage
19:15 <Mootbot-UK> New Topic: New Items: -n team goals
19:17 <Mootbot-UK> New Topic: -n team goals: wiki page updates, color coordination, etc.
19:22 <Mootbot-UK> New Topic: New Items: generate list of events with planned attendance
19:22 <Mootbot-UK> New Topic: New Items: generate list of media needs (pressed cds vs burned vs usb keys)
19:23 <Mootbot-UK> New Topic: New Items: work up a plan of attack for the wiki fixes
19:27 <Mootbot-UK> New Topic: Announcements: ubuntu open week is this coming week
19:28 <Mootbot-UK> New Topic: Announcements: UDS is the last week of the month
19:28 <Mootbot-UK> ACTION received: akgraner to email the list regarding ubuntu open week
19:31 <Mootbot-UK> New Topic: Next Meeting Chair: coxn
19:33 <Mootbot-UK> Meeting finished at 23:36.
}}}

== Log ==
{{{
18:57 < BugeyeD> Roll Call
18:57 < BugeyeD> #startmeeting
18:57 < Mootbot-UK> Meeting started at 23:00. The chair is BugeyeD.
18:57 < Mootbot-UK> Commands Available: [TOPIC], [PROGRESS REPORT], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]
18:57 < akgraner> o/
18:57 * _marx_ is really not here
18:57 < BugeyeD> \o
18:58 < BugeyeD> [LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NorthCarolinaTeam/Meeting
18:58 < Mootbot-UK> LINK received: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NorthCarolinaTeam/Meeting
18:58 < BugeyeD> wow, lotsa contributors. :)
18:58 < adam_vollrath> I'm half here
18:59 < BugeyeD> holstein: you fall in?
18:59 < holstein> \o
18:59 < holstein> hehe
18:59 < BugeyeD> good, you can swim
18:59 < BugeyeD> ignoring new stuff, this should be a quickie meeting. at least according to the agenda.
18:59 < BugeyeD> we ready?
18:59 < holstein> yup
19:00 < BugeyeD> the only thing i know of that's outstanding from last month ...
19:00 < BugeyeD> [TOPIC] Open Action Items: (holstein) document meeting chair schedule
19:00 < Mootbot-UK> New Topic: Open Action Items: (holstein) document meeting chair schedule
19:00 < holstein> yup
19:00 < holstein> and i made that happen a bit ago
19:00 < holstein> i sent out to the list just now
19:00 < _marx_> linkage
19:00 < holstein> i added the list and order to
19:00 < holstein> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NorthCarolinaTeam/Meeting/Agenda/MeetingChairAgendaPlanningPage
19:00 < BugeyeD> cool, thx
19:01 < holstein> we can make a separate one if needed
19:01 < holstein> but i figure since its just a few of us
19:01 < holstein> and we'll be looking at that page anyways
19:01 < BugeyeD> works for me
19:01 < akgraner> +1 from me
19:01 < BugeyeD> +!
19:02 < BugeyeD> uh, i hate the shift key ...
19:02 < BugeyeD> +1
19:02 < _marx_> looks good
19:02 < holstein> :)
19:02 < _marx_> +1
19:02 < holstein> and if somebody new wants to pop in there
19:02 < holstein> go for it
19:02 < _marx_> wait no vote called
19:02 < BugeyeD> do we need to vote? it was an action item to make a list. he made a list.
19:02 < holstein> yeah, we might not need to
19:02 < holstein> we can
19:03 < akgraner> vote for what?
19:03 < holstein> but i said i would do it last time
19:03 < akgraner> I thought we voted that we wanted people to do it last time
19:03 < holstein> and it was voted in then as a package
19:03 < akgraner> nods
19:04 < BugeyeD> so this is just closure. right?
19:04 < akgraner> yep
19:04 < _marx_> ditto
19:04 < akgraner> the action item from the last vote
19:04 < BugeyeD> anything else that was an action item that didn't actually make it onto the agenda?
19:05 < akgraner> well nothing from last time - but something that came up yesterday
19:05 < BugeyeD> [TOPIC] New Items:
19:05 < Mootbot-UK> New Topic: New Items:
19:05 < akgraner> So if you go to the wiki pages and change your preferences to the "light" theme
19:06 < holstein> akgraner: personal pages?
19:06 < akgraner> all pages
19:06 < holstein> ok
19:06 < akgraner> this is the view starting on the 13th
19:06 < _marx_> user preferences on the wiki
19:06 < akgraner> the wiki's get the new theme next week
19:06 < holstein> is there anything we need to do?
19:06 < BugeyeD> does this get rolled out automatically? are you suggesting we go ahead and change just to see it?
19:06 < holstein> in preperation?
19:07 < _marx_> it's pretty ugly currently
19:07 < akgraner> I just wanted everyone to be prepared
19:07 < akgraner> that we may have to fix things
19:07 < holstein> cool
19:07 < holstein> Sgiomlaireachd: you still around?
19:07 < BugeyeD> i believe moinmoin has a method of dictating a theme for a given page.
19:08 < akgraner> yes - but - after the 13th the default will be the light theme
19:08 < BugeyeD> [TOPIC] New Items: new 'light' theme rolled out on the 13th, check all team pages for breakage
19:08 < Mootbot-UK> New Topic: New Items: new 'light' theme rolled out on the 13th, check all team pages for breakage
19:08 < akgraner> go to user preferences and change the theme and you'll see how it's going to look
19:08 < holstein> great heads up akgraner :)
19:09 < Sgiomlaireachd> yes i am
19:09 < holstein> cool, just making sure you get counted present if you want to be Sgiomlaireachd
19:10 < akgraner> also I wanted to mention lets start thinking about goals for the -n cycle
19:10 < BugeyeD> hmm ... changing theme yields internal server error ...
19:10 < akgraner> UDS is the last week of the month
19:10 < holstein> :/
19:10 < akgraner> BugeyeD, refresh and you should be able to see it
19:10 < akgraner> that happened to me yesterday when I changed my preferences as well
19:11 < BugeyeD> looks like it's going to time out. i think everyone on the planet followed your suggestion. right now.
19:11 < BugeyeD> um, ewww ...
19:11 * _marx_ chuckles
19:11 < BugeyeD> so far i'm not a fan
19:11 < BugeyeD> it's colored like a retro kitchen
19:11 < akgraner> exactly
19:12 < _marx_> me neither
19:12 < akgraner> things like lines in the table and lines between sections aren't there anymore
19:12 < BugeyeD> definitely does not jive with our light blue stuff
19:12 < akgraner> nods
19:12 < BugeyeD> you're right, borders are missing
19:12 < akgraner> so I was thinking one of the goals for the -n cycle would be updating the wikis to go with the new theme
19:12 < _marx_> dang i thought that was a purple ;)
19:13 < BugeyeD> so is this a work in progress?
19:13 < holstein> we just got our light blue stuff :/
19:13 < akgraner> BugeyeD, yep
19:13 < holstein> eh
19:13 < akgraner> wikis are always a work in progress
19:13 < BugeyeD> good. so hopefully it'll get somewhat better (borders back) by itself.
19:13 < holstein> i dont think its all that bad
19:13 < BugeyeD> it's almost the color of circus peanuts
19:14 < BugeyeD> okay, plenty of work to get our colors re-coordinated.
19:14 < BugeyeD> anything else to add to the agenda?
19:14 < akgraner> -n team goals
19:15 < BugeyeD> [TOPIC] New Items: -n team goals
19:15 < Mootbot-UK> New Topic: New Items: -n team goals
19:15 < adam_vollrath> what page are y'all looking at?
19:15 < adam_vollrath> er were looking at
19:15 < akgraner> we need to think about what we want to accomplish during the 11.04 release cycle
19:15 < BugeyeD> i'm just looking at our own team pages after having changed the theme to 'light'
19:15 < akgraner> adam_vollrath, our team wikis but you have to go under user preferences and change the theme to the 'light' theme
19:16 < BugeyeD> adam_vollrath: which means you have to log in.
19:16 < adam_vollrath> o
19:16 < adam_vollrath> nevermind thanx
19:16 < akgraner> hehe
19:16 < BugeyeD> without logging in and setting your own preference, you get the default which has not yet been changed
19:16 < BugeyeD> (thankfully)
19:17 < BugeyeD> akgraner: suggested goals?
19:17 < akgraner> yeah - wiki page updates :-)
19:17 < BugeyeD> my goal is to keep my chin above water
19:17 < akgraner> also a way to distribute the CD's around the team
19:17 < BugeyeD> [TOPIC] -n team goals: wiki page updates, color coordination, etc.
19:17 < Mootbot-UK> New Topic: -n team goals: wiki page updates, color coordination, etc.
19:18 < akgraner> we need to try and list what events we as a team want to participate in during that cycle
19:18 < holstein> maybe we can have a devide and conquer kind of IRC attack on the wikis sometime soon
19:18 < BugeyeD> do you guys do ubuntu hour together? that'd be my suggestion for cd distribution
19:18 < akgraner> sounds like a great plan for say a Global Jam :-)
19:18 < holstein> sure
19:19 < akgraner> BugeyeD, I meant - to get them to you all in the Winston area, to holstein et all in the Asheville area and others
19:19 < holstein> akgraner: you get them?
19:19 -!- Italian_Plumber [~Italian_P@38.121.44.17] has joined #ubuntu-us-nc
19:19 < holstein> the discs?
19:19 < BugeyeD> akgraner: exactly. come back to winston and have a cup'o'joe with us :D
19:19 < akgraner> POC for the various areas based on the events people are attending etc
19:19 < holstein> i go that way go that way often enough
19:19 < holstein> if you get some to me
19:20 < holstein> i can get them to someone who would meet me
19:20 * holstein was out in raliegh a couple weeks ago
19:20 * BugeyeD will be there monday
19:21 < akgraner> so I would say - for the next meeting we work on 1 - list of events people will be attending 2- who needs pressed CD's vs burned cd's vs usb
keys
19:21 < akgraner> 2 - game plan for attacking the wikis
19:21 < holstein> i like it
19:22 < akgraner> 3- a simple way to get the word out in each of our areas about Ubuntu
19:22 < akgraner> (start simple then add to it)
19:22 < holstein> maybe just the FB page
19:22 < BugeyeD> [TOPIC] New Items: generate list of events with planned attendance
19:22 < Mootbot-UK> New Topic: New Items: generate list of events with planned attendance
19:22 < holstein> a twitter
19:22 < akgraner> we have those :-)
19:22 < akgraner> ubuntunc on twitter and Identi.ca
19:22 < holstein> next time :) we'll get more into that
19:22 < BugeyeD> [TOPIC] New Items: generate list of media needs (pressed cds vs burned vs usb keys)
19:22 < Mootbot-UK> New Topic: New Items: generate list of media needs (pressed cds vs burned vs usb keys)
19:22 < holstein> thats just easy
19:22 -!- Italian_Plumber [~Italian_P@38.121.44.17] has quit [Client Quit]
19:23 < holstein> and effective
19:23 < akgraner> and whatever other people want to add to the list
19:23 < BugeyeD> [TOPIC] New Items: work up a plan of attack for the wiki fixes
19:23 < Mootbot-UK> New Topic: New Items: work up a plan of attack for the wiki fixes
19:23 < akgraner> nothing is set in stone and if other people have cool ideas then we just need to get them added and acted upon
19:24 * holstein wants a USB key :/
19:24 < holstein> i didnt realize that was an option
19:24 * BugeyeD does too
19:24 < akgraner> but lets have a UDS-N goals landing area - so we can all see what people are wanting or working on and can decide what and where they would li
ke to help
19:24 < akgraner> holstein, you have to make them :-)
19:24 < holstein> OH
19:24 < holstein> well, i got one then
19:24 < BugeyeD> i just read on our local list that ubuntu has an app for that
19:24 < holstein> i was thinking some fancy thing with a sticker one it
19:24 < holstein> on it*
19:24 < akgraner> I try to have one of each option for people when I go to an event - but failed to bring them to the last event I was at
19:25 < BugeyeD> usb-creator
19:25 < holstein> BugeyeD: it works pretty well
19:25 < BugeyeD> never knew about it until today
19:25 < holstein> i usually end up using unetbootin though
19:25 < BugeyeD> i've always rolled my own, not always a pretty sight
19:25 < holstein> :)
19:26 < akgraner> Oh Ubuntu Open Week is next week
19:26 < holstein> i like it
19:26 < akgraner> in case people want to attend
19:26 < holstein> can we get an email out to the list with the minutes?
19:26 < holstein> or something
19:26 < akgraner> I need to email the list about that with links and stuff
19:27 < holstein> with these upcoming branstorming ideas
19:27 < holstein> akgraner: cool :)
19:27 < BugeyeD> [TOPIC] Announcements: ubuntu open week is this coming week
19:27 < Mootbot-UK> New Topic: Announcements: ubuntu open week is this coming week
19:27 < akgraner> action me to email the list about Open Week
19:27 < akgraner> (that way I won't forget)
19:27 < BugeyeD> [TOPIC] Announcements: UDS is the last week of the month
19:27 < Mootbot-UK> New Topic: Announcements: UDS is the last week of the month
19:28 < BugeyeD> [ACTION] akgraner to email the list regarding ubuntu open week
19:28 < Mootbot-UK> ACTION received: akgraner to email the list regarding ubuntu open week
19:28 < akgraner> I'll be there and don't forget you can participate in UDS via remote participation
19:28 < holstein> oh yeah?
19:28 < holstein> cool
19:29 < akgraner> yep
19:29 < akgraner> I need to blog about that again
19:29 < BugeyeD> wait, you have a blog?
19:29 < akgraner> :-P
19:29 < BugeyeD> any other announcements? other topics?
19:30 < akgraner> ok that's all I got (sorry for not adding it to the agenda)
19:30 < BugeyeD> no worries, it should end up there now
19:30 < BugeyeD> anyone? beuller?
19:31 < holstein> coxn: is up next in the rotation
19:31 < BugeyeD> [TOPIC] Next Meeting Chair: coxn
19:31 < Mootbot-UK> New Topic: Next Meeting Chair: coxn
19:31 < Sgiomlaireachd> what is coxn
19:31 < BugeyeD> i'm not exactly sure, but it has the ability to type
19:31 < _marx_> who
19:32 < BugeyeD> anything else? last call.
19:32 < _marx_> a coxswain is the guy that calls the strokes in a rowboat
19:32 * BugeyeD probably should have known that, but didn't.
19:32 < BugeyeD> not that we used oars on the submarines ...
19:33 < BugeyeD> alrighty then
19:33 < BugeyeD> #endmeeting
19:33 < Mootbot-UK> Meeting finished at 23:36.
}}}
||<tablestyle="float:right; font-size: 0.9em; width:40%; background:#F1F1ED; margin: 0 0 1em 1em;" style="padding:0.5em;"><<TableOfContents>>||
= Meeting opened by BugeyeD at 23:00 =
 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> o/

 * '''<<Verbatim(_marx_)>>''' is really not here

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> \o

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> [LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NorthCarolinaTeam/Meeting

||<#FF5555>'' https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NorthCarolinaTeam/Meeting''||

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> wow, lotsa contributors. :)

 <'''<<Verbatim(adam_vollrath)>>'''> I'm half here

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> holstein: you fall in?

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> \o

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> hehe

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> good, you can swim

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> ignoring new stuff, this should be a quickie meeting. at least according to the agenda.

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> we ready?

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> yup

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> the only thing i know of that's outstanding from last month ...

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> [TOPIC] Open Action Items: (holstein) document meeting chair schedule

== Open Action Items: (holstein) document meeting chair schedule ==
 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> yup

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> and i made that happen a bit ago

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> i sent out to the list just now

 <'''<<Verbatim(_marx_)>>'''> linkage

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> i added the list and order to

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NorthCarolinaTeam/Meeting/Agenda/MeetingChairAgendaPlanningPage

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> cool, thx

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> we can make a separate one if needed

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> but i figure since its just a few of us

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> and we'll be looking at that page anyways

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> works for me

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> +1 from me

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> +!

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> uh, i hate the shift key ...

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> +1

 <'''<<Verbatim(_marx_)>>'''> looks good

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> :)

 <'''<<Verbatim(_marx_)>>'''> +1

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> and if somebody new wants to pop in there

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> go for it

 <'''<<Verbatim(_marx_)>>'''> wait no vote called

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> do we need to vote? it was an action item to make a list. he made a list.

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> yeah, we might not need to

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> we can

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> vote for what?

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> but i said i would do it last time

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> I thought we voted that we wanted people to do it last time

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> and it was voted in then as a package

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> nods

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> so this is just closure. right?

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> yep

 <'''<<Verbatim(_marx_)>>'''> ditto

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> the action item from the last vote

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> anything else that was an action item that didn't actually make it onto the agenda?

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> well nothing from last time - but something that came up yesterday

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> [TOPIC] New Items:

== New Items: ==
 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> So if you go to the wiki pages and change your preferences to the "light" theme

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> akgraner: personal pages?

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> all pages

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> ok

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> this is the view starting on the 13th

 <'''<<Verbatim(_marx_)>>'''> user preferences on the wiki

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> the wiki's get the new theme next week

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> is there anything we need to do?

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> does this get rolled out automatically? are you suggesting we go ahead and change just to see it?

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> in preperation?

 <'''<<Verbatim(_marx_)>>'''> it's pretty ugly currently

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> I just wanted everyone to be prepared

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> that we may have to fix things

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> cool

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> Sgiomlaireachd: you still around?

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> i believe moinmoin has a method of dictating a theme for a given page.

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> yes - but - after the 13th the default will be the light theme

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> [TOPIC] New Items: new 'light' theme rolled out on the 13th, check all team pages for breakage

== New Items: new 'light' theme rolled out on the 13th, check all team pages for breakage ==
 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> go to user preferences and change the theme and you'll see how it's going to look

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> great heads up akgraner :)

 <'''<<Verbatim(Sgiomlaireachd)>>'''> yes i am

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> cool, just making sure you get counted present if you want to be Sgiomlaireachd

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> also I wanted to mention lets start thinking about goals for the -n cycle

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> hmm ... changing theme yields internal server error ...

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> UDS is the last week of the month

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> :/

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> BugeyeD, refresh and you should be able to see it

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> that happened to me yesterday when I changed my preferences as well

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> looks like it's going to time out. i think everyone on the planet followed your suggestion. right now.

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> um, ewww ...

 * '''<<Verbatim(_marx_)>>''' chuckles

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> so far i'm not a fan

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> it's colored like a retro kitchen

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> exactly

 <'''<<Verbatim(_marx_)>>'''> me neither

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> things like lines in the table and lines between sections aren't there anymore

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> definitely does not jive with our light blue stuff

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> nods

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> you're right, borders are missing

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> so I was thinking one of the goals for the -n cycle would be updating the wikis to go with the new theme

 <'''<<Verbatim(_marx_)>>'''> dang i thought that was a purple ;)

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> so is this a work in progress?

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> we just got our light blue stuff :/

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> BugeyeD, yep

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> eh

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> wikis are always a work in progress

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> good. so hopefully it'll get somewhat better (borders back) by itself.

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> i dont think its all that bad

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> it's almost the color of circus peanuts

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> okay, plenty of work to get our colors re-coordinated.

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> anything else to add to the agenda?

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> -n team goals

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> [TOPIC] New Items: -n team goals

== New Items: -n team goals ==
 <'''<<Verbatim(adam_vollrath)>>'''> what page are y'all looking at?

 <'''<<Verbatim(adam_vollrath)>>'''> er were looking at

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> we need to think about what we want to accomplish during the 11.04 release cycle

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> i'm just looking at our own team pages after having changed the theme to 'light'

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> adam_vollrath, our team wikis but you have to go under user preferences and change the theme to the 'light' theme

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> adam_vollrath: which means you have to log in.

 <'''<<Verbatim(adam_vollrath)>>'''> o

 <'''<<Verbatim(adam_vollrath)>>'''> nevermind thanx

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> hehe

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> without logging in and setting your own preference, you get the default which has not yet been changed

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> (thankfully)

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> akgraner: suggested goals?

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> yeah - wiki page updates :-)

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> my goal is to keep my chin above water

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> also a way to distribute the CD's around the team

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> [TOPIC] -n team goals: wiki page updates, color coordination, etc.

== -n team goals: wiki page updates, color coordination, etc. ==
 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> we need to try and list what events we as a team want to participate in during that cycle

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> maybe we can have a devide and conquer kind of IRC attack on the wikis sometime soon

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> do you guys do ubuntu hour together? that'd be my suggestion for cd distribution

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> sounds like a great plan for say a Global Jam :-)

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> sure

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> BugeyeD, I meant - to get them to you all in the Winston area, to holstein et all in the Asheville area and others

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> akgraner: you get them?

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> the discs?

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> akgraner: exactly. come back to winston and have a cup'o'joe with us :D

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> POC for the various areas based on the events people are attending etc

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> i go that way go that way often enough

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> if you get some to me

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> i can get them to someone who would meet me

 * '''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>''' was out in raliegh a couple weeks ago

 * '''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>''' will be there monday

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> so I would say - for the next meeting we work on 1 - list of events people will be attending 2- who needs pressed CD's vs burned cd's vs usb keys

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> 2 - game plan for attacking the wikis

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> i like it

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> 3- a simple way to get the word out in each of our areas about Ubuntu

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> (start simple then add to it)

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> maybe just the FB page

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> [TOPIC] New Items: generate list of events with planned attendance

== New Items: generate list of events with planned attendance ==
 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> a twitter

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> we have those :-)

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> ubuntunc on twitter and Identi.ca

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> next time :) we'll get more into that

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> [TOPIC] New Items: generate list of media needs (pressed cds vs burned vs usb keys)

== New Items: generate list of media needs (pressed cds vs burned vs usb keys) ==
 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> thats just easy

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> and effective

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> and whatever other people want to add to the list

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> [TOPIC] New Items: work up a plan of attack for the wiki fixes

== New Items: work up a plan of attack for the wiki fixes ==
 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> nothing is set in stone and if other people have cool ideas then we just need to get them added and acted upon

 * '''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>''' wants a USB key :/

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> i didnt realize that was an option

 * '''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>''' does too

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> but lets have a UDS-N goals landing area - so we can all see what people are wanting or working on and can decide what and where they would like to help

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> holstein, you have to make them :-)

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> OH

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> well, i got one then

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> i just read on our local list that ubuntu has an app for that

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> i was thinking some fancy thing with a sticker one it

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> on it*

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> I try to have one of each option for people when I go to an event - but failed to bring them to the last event I was at

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> usb-creator

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> BugeyeD: it works pretty well

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> never knew about it until today

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> i usually end up using unetbootin though

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> i've always rolled my own, not always a pretty sight

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> :)

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> Oh Ubuntu Open Week is next week

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> i like it

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> in case people want to attend

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> can we get an email out to the list with the minutes?

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> or something

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> I need to email the list about that with links and stuff

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> with these upcoming branstorming ideas

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> akgraner: cool :)

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> [TOPIC] Announcements: ubuntu open week is this coming week

== Announcements: ubuntu open week is this coming week ==
 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> action me to email the list about Open Week

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> (that way I won't forget)

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> [TOPIC] Announcements: UDS is the last week of the month

== Announcements: UDS is the last week of the month ==
 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> [ACTION] akgraner to email the list regarding ubuntu open week

||<#FF5555>'' akgraner to email the list regarding ubuntu open week''||

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> I'll be there and don't forget you can participate in UDS via remote participation

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> oh yeah?

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> cool

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> yep

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> I need to blog about that again

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> wait, you have a blog?

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> :-P

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> any other announcements? other topics?

 <'''<<Verbatim(akgraner)>>'''> ok that's all I got (sorry for not adding it to the agenda)

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> no worries, it should end up there now

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> anyone? beuller?

 <'''<<Verbatim(holstein)>>'''> coxn: is up next in the rotation

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> [TOPIC] Next Meeting Chair: coxn

== Next Meeting Chair: coxn ==
 <'''<<Verbatim(Sgiomlaireachd)>>'''> what is coxn

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> i'm not exactly sure, but it has the ability to type

 <'''<<Verbatim(_marx_)>>'''> who

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> anything else? last call.

 <'''<<Verbatim(_marx_)>>'''> a coxswain is the guy that calls the strokes in a rowboat

 * '''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>''' probably should have known that, but didn't.

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> not that we used oars on the submarines ...

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> alrighty then

 <'''<<Verbatim(BugeyeD)>>'''> #endmeeting

----
= Meeting closed at 23:36 =
== People Present ==
 * akgraner

 * _marx_

 * BugeyeD

 * adam_vollrath

 * holstein

 * Sgiomlaireachd

== Actions Recorded ==
 * akgraner to email the list regarding ubuntu open week

Meeting opened by BugeyeD at 23:00

  • <BugeyeD> wow, lotsa contributors. Smile :)

    <adam_vollrath> I'm half here

    <BugeyeD> holstein: you fall in?

    <holstein> \o

    <holstein> hehe

    <BugeyeD> good, you can swim

    <BugeyeD> ignoring new stuff, this should be a quickie meeting. at least according to the agenda.

    <BugeyeD> we ready?

    <holstein> yup

    <BugeyeD> the only thing i know of that's outstanding from last month ...

    <BugeyeD> [TOPIC] Open Action Items: (holstein) document meeting chair schedule

Open Action Items: (holstein) document meeting chair schedule

  • <holstein> yup

    <holstein> and i made that happen a bit ago

    <holstein> i sent out to the list just now

    <_marx_> linkage

    <holstein> i added the list and order to

    <holstein> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NorthCarolinaTeam/Meeting/Agenda/MeetingChairAgendaPlanningPage

    <BugeyeD> cool, thx

    <holstein> we can make a separate one if needed

    <holstein> but i figure since its just a few of us

    <holstein> and we'll be looking at that page anyways

    <BugeyeD> works for me

    <akgraner> +1 from me

    <BugeyeD> +!

    <BugeyeD> uh, i hate the shift key ...

    <BugeyeD> +1

    <_marx_> looks good

    <holstein> Smile :)

    <_marx_> +1

    <holstein> and if somebody new wants to pop in there

    <holstein> go for it

    <_marx_> wait no vote called

    <BugeyeD> do we need to vote? it was an action item to make a list. he made a list.

    <holstein> yeah, we might not need to

    <holstein> we can

    <akgraner> vote for what?

    <holstein> but i said i would do it last time

    <akgraner> I thought we voted that we wanted people to do it last time

    <holstein> and it was voted in then as a package

    <akgraner> nods

    <BugeyeD> so this is just closure. right?

    <akgraner> yep

    <_marx_> ditto

    <akgraner> the action item from the last vote

    <BugeyeD> anything else that was an action item that didn't actually make it onto the agenda?

    <akgraner> well nothing from last time - but something that came up yesterday

    <BugeyeD> [TOPIC] New Items:

New Items:

  • <akgraner> So if you go to the wiki pages and change your preferences to the "light" theme

    <holstein> akgraner: personal pages?

    <akgraner> all pages

    <holstein> ok

    <akgraner> this is the view starting on the 13th

    <_marx_> user preferences on the wiki

    <akgraner> the wiki's get the new theme next week

    <holstein> is there anything we need to do?

    <BugeyeD> does this get rolled out automatically? are you suggesting we go ahead and change just to see it?

    <holstein> in preperation?

    <_marx_> it's pretty ugly currently

    <akgraner> I just wanted everyone to be prepared

    <akgraner> that we may have to fix things

    <holstein> cool

    <holstein> Sgiomlaireachd: you still around?

    <BugeyeD> i believe moinmoin has a method of dictating a theme for a given page.

    <akgraner> yes - but - after the 13th the default will be the light theme

    <BugeyeD> [TOPIC] New Items: new 'light' theme rolled out on the 13th, check all team pages for breakage

New Items: new 'light' theme rolled out on the 13th, check all team pages for breakage

  • <akgraner> go to user preferences and change the theme and you'll see how it's going to look

    <holstein> great heads up akgraner Smile :)

    <Sgiomlaireachd> yes i am

    <holstein> cool, just making sure you get counted present if you want to be Sgiomlaireachd

    <akgraner> also I wanted to mention lets start thinking about goals for the -n cycle

    <BugeyeD> hmm ... changing theme yields internal server error ...

    <akgraner> UDS is the last week of the month

    <holstein> :/

    <akgraner> BugeyeD, refresh and you should be able to see it

    <akgraner> that happened to me yesterday when I changed my preferences as well

    <BugeyeD> looks like it's going to time out. i think everyone on the planet followed your suggestion. right now.

    <BugeyeD> um, ewww ...

  • _marx_ chuckles

    <BugeyeD> so far i'm not a fan

    <BugeyeD> it's colored like a retro kitchen

    <akgraner> exactly

    <_marx_> me neither

    <akgraner> things like lines in the table and lines between sections aren't there anymore

    <BugeyeD> definitely does not jive with our light blue stuff

    <akgraner> nods

    <BugeyeD> you're right, borders are missing

    <akgraner> so I was thinking one of the goals for the -n cycle would be updating the wikis to go with the new theme

    <_marx_> dang i thought that was a purple Wink ;)

    <BugeyeD> so is this a work in progress?

    <holstein> we just got our light blue stuff :/

    <akgraner> BugeyeD, yep

    <holstein> eh

    <akgraner> wikis are always a work in progress

    <BugeyeD> good. so hopefully it'll get somewhat better (borders back) by itself.

    <holstein> i dont think its all that bad

    <BugeyeD> it's almost the color of circus peanuts

    <BugeyeD> okay, plenty of work to get our colors re-coordinated.

    <BugeyeD> anything else to add to the agenda?

    <akgraner> -n team goals

    <BugeyeD> [TOPIC] New Items: -n team goals

New Items: -n team goals

  • <adam_vollrath> what page are y'all looking at?

    <adam_vollrath> er were looking at

    <akgraner> we need to think about what we want to accomplish during the 11.04 release cycle

    <BugeyeD> i'm just looking at our own team pages after having changed the theme to 'light'

    <akgraner> adam_vollrath, our team wikis but you have to go under user preferences and change the theme to the 'light' theme

    <BugeyeD> adam_vollrath: which means you have to log in.

    <adam_vollrath> o

    <adam_vollrath> nevermind thanx

    <akgraner> hehe

    <BugeyeD> without logging in and setting your own preference, you get the default which has not yet been changed

    <BugeyeD> (thankfully)

    <BugeyeD> akgraner: suggested goals?

    <akgraner> yeah - wiki page updates Smile :-)

    <BugeyeD> my goal is to keep my chin above water

    <akgraner> also a way to distribute the CD's around the team

    <BugeyeD> [TOPIC] -n team goals: wiki page updates, color coordination, etc.

-n team goals: wiki page updates, color coordination, etc.

  • <akgraner> we need to try and list what events we as a team want to participate in during that cycle

    <holstein> maybe we can have a devide and conquer kind of IRC attack on the wikis sometime soon

    <BugeyeD> do you guys do ubuntu hour together? that'd be my suggestion for cd distribution

    <akgraner> sounds like a great plan for say a Global Jam Smile :-)

    <holstein> sure

    <akgraner> BugeyeD, I meant - to get them to you all in the Winston area, to holstein et all in the Asheville area and others

    <holstein> akgraner: you get them?

    <holstein> the discs?

    <BugeyeD> akgraner: exactly. come back to winston and have a cup'o'joe with us Big Grin :)

    <akgraner> POC for the various areas based on the events people are attending etc

    <holstein> i go that way go that way often enough

    <holstein> if you get some to me

    <holstein> i can get them to someone who would meet me

  • holstein was out in raliegh a couple weeks ago

  • BugeyeD will be there monday

    <akgraner> so I would say - for the next meeting we work on 1 - list of events people will be attending 2- who needs pressed CD's vs burned cd's vs usb keys

    <akgraner> 2 - game plan for attacking the wikis

    <holstein> i like it

    <akgraner> 3- a simple way to get the word out in each of our areas about Ubuntu

    <akgraner> (start simple then add to it)

    <holstein> maybe just the FB page

    <BugeyeD> [TOPIC] New Items: generate list of events with planned attendance

New Items: generate list of events with planned attendance

  • <holstein> a twitter

    <akgraner> we have those Smile :-)

    <akgraner> ubuntunc on twitter and Identi.ca

    <holstein> next time Smile :) we'll get more into that

    <BugeyeD> [TOPIC] New Items: generate list of media needs (pressed cds vs burned vs usb keys)

New Items: generate list of media needs (pressed cds vs burned vs usb keys)

  • <holstein> thats just easy

    <holstein> and effective

    <akgraner> and whatever other people want to add to the list

    <BugeyeD> [TOPIC] New Items: work up a plan of attack for the wiki fixes

New Items: work up a plan of attack for the wiki fixes

  • <akgraner> nothing is set in stone and if other people have cool ideas then we just need to get them added and acted upon

  • holstein wants a USB key :/

    <holstein> i didnt realize that was an option

  • BugeyeD does too

    <akgraner> but lets have a UDS-N goals landing area - so we can all see what people are wanting or working on and can decide what and where they would like to help

    <akgraner> holstein, you have to make them Smile :-)

    <holstein> OH

    <holstein> well, i got one then

    <BugeyeD> i just read on our local list that ubuntu has an app for that

    <holstein> i was thinking some fancy thing with a sticker one it

    <holstein> on it*

    <akgraner> I try to have one of each option for people when I go to an event - but failed to bring them to the last event I was at

    <BugeyeD> usb-creator

    <holstein> BugeyeD: it works pretty well

    <BugeyeD> never knew about it until today

    <holstein> i usually end up using unetbootin though

    <BugeyeD> i've always rolled my own, not always a pretty sight

    <holstein> Smile :)

    <akgraner> Oh Ubuntu Open Week is next week

    <holstein> i like it

    <akgraner> in case people want to attend

    <holstein> can we get an email out to the list with the minutes?

    <holstein> or something

    <akgraner> I need to email the list about that with links and stuff

    <holstein> with these upcoming branstorming ideas

    <holstein> akgraner: cool Smile :)

    <BugeyeD> [TOPIC] Announcements: ubuntu open week is this coming week

Announcements: ubuntu open week is this coming week

  • <akgraner> action me to email the list about Open Week

    <akgraner> (that way I won't forget)

    <BugeyeD> [TOPIC] Announcements: UDS is the last week of the month

Announcements: UDS is the last week of the month

  • <BugeyeD> [ACTION] akgraner to email the list regarding ubuntu open week

akgraner to email the list regarding ubuntu open week

  • <akgraner> I'll be there and don't forget you can participate in UDS via remote participation

    <holstein> oh yeah?

    <holstein> cool

    <akgraner> yep

    <akgraner> I need to blog about that again

    <BugeyeD> wait, you have a blog?

    <akgraner> :-P

    <BugeyeD> any other announcements? other topics?

    <akgraner> ok that's all I got (sorry for not adding it to the agenda)

    <BugeyeD> no worries, it should end up there now

    <BugeyeD> anyone? beuller?

    <holstein> coxn: is up next in the rotation

    <BugeyeD> [TOPIC] Next Meeting Chair: coxn

Next Meeting Chair: coxn

  • <Sgiomlaireachd> what is coxn

    <BugeyeD> i'm not exactly sure, but it has the ability to type

    <_marx_> who

    <BugeyeD> anything else? last call.

    <_marx_> a coxswain is the guy that calls the strokes in a rowboat

  • BugeyeD probably should have known that, but didn't.

    <BugeyeD> not that we used oars on the submarines ...

    <BugeyeD> alrighty then

    <BugeyeD> #endmeeting


Meeting closed at 23:36

People Present

  • akgraner
  • _marx_
  • BugeyeD
  • adam_vollrath
  • holstein
  • Sgiomlaireachd

Actions Recorded

  • akgraner to email the list regarding ubuntu open week


CategoryTeamMeeting

NorthCarolinaTeam/Meeting/2010-10-06 (last edited 2010-10-07 00:00:42 by docsis-cbm-15-101)