2010-10-06

Meeting opened by BugeyeD at 23:00

  • <BugeyeD> wow, lotsa contributors. Smile :)

    <adam_vollrath> I'm half here

    <BugeyeD> holstein: you fall in?

    <holstein> \o

    <holstein> hehe

    <BugeyeD> good, you can swim

    <BugeyeD> ignoring new stuff, this should be a quickie meeting. at least according to the agenda.

    <BugeyeD> we ready?

    <holstein> yup

    <BugeyeD> the only thing i know of that's outstanding from last month ...

    <BugeyeD> [TOPIC] Open Action Items: (holstein) document meeting chair schedule

Open Action Items: (holstein) document meeting chair schedule

  • <holstein> yup

    <holstein> and i made that happen a bit ago

    <holstein> i sent out to the list just now

    <_marx_> linkage

    <holstein> i added the list and order to

    <holstein> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NorthCarolinaTeam/Meeting/Agenda/MeetingChairAgendaPlanningPage

    <BugeyeD> cool, thx

    <holstein> we can make a separate one if needed

    <holstein> but i figure since its just a few of us

    <holstein> and we'll be looking at that page anyways

    <BugeyeD> works for me

    <akgraner> +1 from me

    <BugeyeD> +!

    <BugeyeD> uh, i hate the shift key ...

    <BugeyeD> +1

    <_marx_> looks good

    <holstein> Smile :)

    <_marx_> +1

    <holstein> and if somebody new wants to pop in there

    <holstein> go for it

    <_marx_> wait no vote called

    <BugeyeD> do we need to vote? it was an action item to make a list. he made a list.

    <holstein> yeah, we might not need to

    <holstein> we can

    <akgraner> vote for what?

    <holstein> but i said i would do it last time

    <akgraner> I thought we voted that we wanted people to do it last time

    <holstein> and it was voted in then as a package

    <akgraner> nods

    <BugeyeD> so this is just closure. right?

    <akgraner> yep

    <_marx_> ditto

    <akgraner> the action item from the last vote

    <BugeyeD> anything else that was an action item that didn't actually make it onto the agenda?

    <akgraner> well nothing from last time - but something that came up yesterday

    <BugeyeD> [TOPIC] New Items:

New Items:

  • <akgraner> So if you go to the wiki pages and change your preferences to the "light" theme

    <holstein> akgraner: personal pages?

    <akgraner> all pages

    <holstein> ok

    <akgraner> this is the view starting on the 13th

    <_marx_> user preferences on the wiki

    <akgraner> the wiki's get the new theme next week

    <holstein> is there anything we need to do?

    <BugeyeD> does this get rolled out automatically? are you suggesting we go ahead and change just to see it?

    <holstein> in preperation?

    <_marx_> it's pretty ugly currently

    <akgraner> I just wanted everyone to be prepared

    <akgraner> that we may have to fix things

    <holstein> cool

    <holstein> Sgiomlaireachd: you still around?

    <BugeyeD> i believe moinmoin has a method of dictating a theme for a given page.

    <akgraner> yes - but - after the 13th the default will be the light theme

    <BugeyeD> [TOPIC] New Items: new 'light' theme rolled out on the 13th, check all team pages for breakage

New Items: new 'light' theme rolled out on the 13th, check all team pages for breakage

  • <akgraner> go to user preferences and change the theme and you'll see how it's going to look

    <holstein> great heads up akgraner Smile :)

    <Sgiomlaireachd> yes i am

    <holstein> cool, just making sure you get counted present if you want to be Sgiomlaireachd

    <akgraner> also I wanted to mention lets start thinking about goals for the -n cycle

    <BugeyeD> hmm ... changing theme yields internal server error ...

    <akgraner> UDS is the last week of the month

    <holstein> :/

    <akgraner> BugeyeD, refresh and you should be able to see it

    <akgraner> that happened to me yesterday when I changed my preferences as well

    <BugeyeD> looks like it's going to time out. i think everyone on the planet followed your suggestion. right now.

    <BugeyeD> um, ewww ...

  • _marx_ chuckles

    <BugeyeD> so far i'm not a fan

    <BugeyeD> it's colored like a retro kitchen

    <akgraner> exactly

    <_marx_> me neither

    <akgraner> things like lines in the table and lines between sections aren't there anymore

    <BugeyeD> definitely does not jive with our light blue stuff

    <akgraner> nods

    <BugeyeD> you're right, borders are missing

    <akgraner> so I was thinking one of the goals for the -n cycle would be updating the wikis to go with the new theme

    <_marx_> dang i thought that was a purple Wink ;)

    <BugeyeD> so is this a work in progress?

    <holstein> we just got our light blue stuff :/

    <akgraner> BugeyeD, yep

    <holstein> eh

    <akgraner> wikis are always a work in progress

    <BugeyeD> good. so hopefully it'll get somewhat better (borders back) by itself.

    <holstein> i dont think its all that bad

    <BugeyeD> it's almost the color of circus peanuts

    <BugeyeD> okay, plenty of work to get our colors re-coordinated.

    <BugeyeD> anything else to add to the agenda?

    <akgraner> -n team goals

    <BugeyeD> [TOPIC] New Items: -n team goals

New Items: -n team goals

  • <adam_vollrath> what page are y'all looking at?

    <adam_vollrath> er were looking at

    <akgraner> we need to think about what we want to accomplish during the 11.04 release cycle

    <BugeyeD> i'm just looking at our own team pages after having changed the theme to 'light'

    <akgraner> adam_vollrath, our team wikis but you have to go under user preferences and change the theme to the 'light' theme

    <BugeyeD> adam_vollrath: which means you have to log in.

    <adam_vollrath> o

    <adam_vollrath> nevermind thanx

    <akgraner> hehe

    <BugeyeD> without logging in and setting your own preference, you get the default which has not yet been changed

    <BugeyeD> (thankfully)

    <BugeyeD> akgraner: suggested goals?

    <akgraner> yeah - wiki page updates Smile :-)

    <BugeyeD> my goal is to keep my chin above water

    <akgraner> also a way to distribute the CD's around the team

    <BugeyeD> [TOPIC] -n team goals: wiki page updates, color coordination, etc.

-n team goals: wiki page updates, color coordination, etc.

  • <akgraner> we need to try and list what events we as a team want to participate in during that cycle

    <holstein> maybe we can have a devide and conquer kind of IRC attack on the wikis sometime soon

    <BugeyeD> do you guys do ubuntu hour together? that'd be my suggestion for cd distribution

    <akgraner> sounds like a great plan for say a Global Jam Smile :-)

    <holstein> sure

    <akgraner> BugeyeD, I meant - to get them to you all in the Winston area, to holstein et all in the Asheville area and others

    <holstein> akgraner: you get them?

    <holstein> the discs?

    <BugeyeD> akgraner: exactly. come back to winston and have a cup'o'joe with us Big Grin :)

    <akgraner> POC for the various areas based on the events people are attending etc

    <holstein> i go that way go that way often enough

    <holstein> if you get some to me

    <holstein> i can get them to someone who would meet me

  • holstein was out in raliegh a couple weeks ago

  • BugeyeD will be there monday

    <akgraner> so I would say - for the next meeting we work on 1 - list of events people will be attending 2- who needs pressed CD's vs burned cd's vs usb keys

    <akgraner> 2 - game plan for attacking the wikis

    <holstein> i like it

    <akgraner> 3- a simple way to get the word out in each of our areas about Ubuntu

    <akgraner> (start simple then add to it)

    <holstein> maybe just the FB page

    <BugeyeD> [TOPIC] New Items: generate list of events with planned attendance

New Items: generate list of events with planned attendance

  • <holstein> a twitter

    <akgraner> we have those Smile :-)

    <akgraner> ubuntunc on twitter and Identi.ca

    <holstein> next time Smile :) we'll get more into that

    <BugeyeD> [TOPIC] New Items: generate list of media needs (pressed cds vs burned vs usb keys)

New Items: generate list of media needs (pressed cds vs burned vs usb keys)

  • <holstein> thats just easy

    <holstein> and effective

    <akgraner> and whatever other people want to add to the list

    <BugeyeD> [TOPIC] New Items: work up a plan of attack for the wiki fixes

New Items: work up a plan of attack for the wiki fixes

  • <akgraner> nothing is set in stone and if other people have cool ideas then we just need to get them added and acted upon

  • holstein wants a USB key :/

    <holstein> i didnt realize that was an option

  • BugeyeD does too

    <akgraner> but lets have a UDS-N goals landing area - so we can all see what people are wanting or working on and can decide what and where they would like to help

    <akgraner> holstein, you have to make them Smile :-)

    <holstein> OH

    <holstein> well, i got one then

    <BugeyeD> i just read on our local list that ubuntu has an app for that

    <holstein> i was thinking some fancy thing with a sticker one it

    <holstein> on it*

    <akgraner> I try to have one of each option for people when I go to an event - but failed to bring them to the last event I was at

    <BugeyeD> usb-creator

    <holstein> BugeyeD: it works pretty well

    <BugeyeD> never knew about it until today

    <holstein> i usually end up using unetbootin though

    <BugeyeD> i've always rolled my own, not always a pretty sight

    <holstein> Smile :)

    <akgraner> Oh Ubuntu Open Week is next week

    <holstein> i like it

    <akgraner> in case people want to attend

    <holstein> can we get an email out to the list with the minutes?

    <holstein> or something

    <akgraner> I need to email the list about that with links and stuff

    <holstein> with these upcoming branstorming ideas

    <holstein> akgraner: cool Smile :)

    <BugeyeD> [TOPIC] Announcements: ubuntu open week is this coming week

Announcements: ubuntu open week is this coming week

  • <akgraner> action me to email the list about Open Week

    <akgraner> (that way I won't forget)

    <BugeyeD> [TOPIC] Announcements: UDS is the last week of the month

Announcements: UDS is the last week of the month

  • <BugeyeD> [ACTION] akgraner to email the list regarding ubuntu open week

akgraner to email the list regarding ubuntu open week

  • <akgraner> I'll be there and don't forget you can participate in UDS via remote participation

    <holstein> oh yeah?

    <holstein> cool

    <akgraner> yep

    <akgraner> I need to blog about that again

    <BugeyeD> wait, you have a blog?

    <akgraner> :-P

    <BugeyeD> any other announcements? other topics?

    <akgraner> ok that's all I got (sorry for not adding it to the agenda)

    <BugeyeD> no worries, it should end up there now

    <BugeyeD> anyone? beuller?

    <holstein> coxn: is up next in the rotation

    <BugeyeD> [TOPIC] Next Meeting Chair: coxn

Next Meeting Chair: coxn

  • <Sgiomlaireachd> what is coxn

    <BugeyeD> i'm not exactly sure, but it has the ability to type

    <_marx_> who

    <BugeyeD> anything else? last call.

    <_marx_> a coxswain is the guy that calls the strokes in a rowboat

  • BugeyeD probably should have known that, but didn't.

    <BugeyeD> not that we used oars on the submarines ...

    <BugeyeD> alrighty then

    <BugeyeD> #endmeeting


Meeting closed at 23:36

People Present

  • akgraner
  • _marx_
  • BugeyeD
  • adam_vollrath
  • holstein
  • Sgiomlaireachd

Actions Recorded

  • akgraner to email the list regarding ubuntu open week


CategoryTeamMeeting

NorthCarolinaTeam/Meeting/2010-10-06 (last edited 2010-10-07 00:00:42 by plug-hyltown)