Continue development of the Roadmap page
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 24:||Line 24:|
|* Distribute, and promote the distribution of, Ubuntu Live CDs to introduce more users to the positive aspects of Ubuntu and Linux.|
This Wiki needs some TLC as well
This page will detail the roadmap for The North Carolina LoCo Team - goals for advocacy and support for the Ubuntu Project in North Carolina.
- When: 1st and 3rd Thursdays of every month at present
- Where: #ubuntu-us-nc on Freenode
- Time: 1900 to 2030 EST
Early on we decided the state was geographically broad enough that we needed to develop teams in major metropolitan areas first.
- Develop greater participation in statewide NC Loco Team by facilitating regional teams in metropolitan areas of North Carolina as stated above.
Develop a program for presentation throughout North Carolina to LUGs, schools, and other venues promoting the NC LoCo Team and the Ubuntu Community.
- Promote greater participation by facilitating events throughout North Carolina to attract Ubuntu users as well as those interested in Linux and Ubuntu.
- Distribute, and promote the distribution of, Ubuntu Live CDs to introduce more users to the positive aspects of Ubuntu and Linux.
Events in North Carolina
Active event locations
- Asheville - Ubuntu Hour
- Asheville - LUG meeting
- Raleigh - LUG meeting
- Winston-Salem - Ubuntu Hour
- Lucid Lynx release parties April 29, 2010 weekend
- Asheville Charlotte Durham Winston-Salem
- Ubuntu Hours in Charlotte, Fayetteville and Raleigh
- NC Loco presentations to various LUGs in NC
OBJECTIVE: LiveCD placement in AFEES
OBJECTIVE: LiveCD placement in Borders (Cary only at this writing)
OBJECTIVE: LiveCD placement in Library in Rutherfordton, NC
OBJECTIVE: LiveCD placement in Firestorm Coffee shop in Asheville, NC
OBJECTIVE: Logo Development
SUCCESS CRITERIA: adopt a team logo
DRIVER: team effort
OBJECTIVE: Regional Team Development
SUCCESS CRITERIA: active teams in the major metropolitan areas of NC
- Contacts made in
- Fayetteville Durham
- Charlotte Wilmington
- Contacts made in
- Identify key individual in each area
- Start an Ubuntu Hour activity facilitated by key individual
- Develop regional team as participation builds
OBJECTIVE: Sponsor Ubuntu Hour events
SUCCESS CRITERIA: host at least one Ubuntu Hour event
ACTIONS: just do it, Ubuntu Hour
BLUEPRINT: see above
Help Solve Bug #1
- Promote Ubuntu as a choice in how to solve Bug #1
- Have a little fun.