|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 3:||Line 3:|
|= OpenOffice2 =
== Status ==
* Created: 2005-04-26 by MatthiasKlose
* Priority: HighPriority
* People: MatthiasKloseLead, DanielHolbachSecond
* Contributors: MattZimmerman, MarkShuttleworth
* Interested: ColinCharles
* Status: DraftSpecification, BreezyGoal, MatthiasKloseQueue, DanielHolbachQueue, SimonSharwoodQueue, DistroSpecification
* Malone Bug:
* Depends: OpenOfficeLocalisation
* UduSessions: 1, 4, 8, etc
| * '''Launchpad Entry''': https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+spec/openoffice-gnome
* '''Created''': [[Date(2005-10-27T19:48:22Z)]] by JaneWeideman
* '''Contributors''': JaneWeideman, MatthiasKlose
* '''Packages affected''': openoffice.org-*, openoffice.org2-*
* '''Depends''': OpenOfficeGnome, OpenOffice64, OpenOfficeL10n, OpenOfficeHelp
|Line 23:||Line 11:|
|Determine the Open``Office.org version, which builds with build tools from main on all release architectures and ships on the breezy desktop.||Informal spec, consisting of|
|Line 25:||Line 13:|
|== Rationale ==|| * OpenOfficeGnome
|Line 27:||Line 19:|
|The Open``Office.org version in hoary (1.1.3) will be outdated by the breezy release date. Either switch to 1.1.4 or to 2.0.
== Scope and Use Cases ==
We need it for the desktop. One stable version.
* Go with 1.1.4:
* Stable release.
* Builds with free tools.
* Doesn't build on amd64 (hoary amd64 currently uses the i386 binaries).
'''(comment: yes, OOo isn't 64-bit clean; there is a 64-bit cws, but this is something that all distros suffer from)'''
* Go with 2.0:
* Release scheduled for June, recently a delay was announced (timeframe?).
* Currently doesn't build with free tools. Needs evaluation with recent free java vm's and newer snapshots.
'''(comment: build's with gcc4+gcj)'''
* Building without Java support doesn't seem an option. Components like Base (database), DocBook exporting, etc. rely on a Java runtime.
* Better upstream report.
* More translations will be ready upstream, less bugs in the translation tools/framework.
* Doesn't build on amd64 (yet).
'''(comment: same as above; this is not a breaker)'''
* Have a chance to integrate new translations.
== Implementation Plan ==
* Go with 1.1.4:
* Update to 1.1.4 packages
* Go with 2.0:
* Update to recent milestone, after g++-4.0 is the default.
* Update the existing translations (xh) for 2.0.
* See OpenofficeLocalization for localization stuff.
* native amd64 build?
'''(comment: not happening; might as well drop this)'''
* move spell checking support to OOo2, or share spell checking support with OOo1.
Write a test plan, mainly for LocoTeams to test OOo for their language
* Write one or more test documents, which can be used for testing fonts in documents
* Each document should have a paragraph for one language with (all?) the local characters
* Test document imports, which were created on Windows with other office products
* Test document imports for documents created with OOo1 versions in warty and breezy.
=== Data Preservation and Migration ===
=== Packages Affected ===
=== User Interface Requirements ===
== Outstanding Issues ==
* The packagaging currently doesn't build all the language packs.
* Spell checking needs to be integrated and/or separated out from OOo1.
* amd64 builds
* Handling of new translations.
* Misc. bug fixing targeted for breezy
=== UDU BOF Agenda ===
* OpenOffice default for Breezy (1.1.4, or 2.0)
* Packaging and bug fixing assignments
* Localization Work
=== UDU Pre-Work ===
* OpenOffice 2.0 beta release on i386 and powerpc in hoary (without Java support, english only).
|Add other open issues / todo's to this page until a specification is created.|
|Line 101:||Line 21:|
Launchpad Entry: https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+spec/openoffice-gnome
Packages affected: openoffice.org-*, openoffice.org2-*
Informal spec, consisting of
Add other open issues / todo's to this page until a specification is created.