About Me / Contact Information
ovidiu dot b13 at gmail dot com
You can find me in #kubuntu #kubuntu-ro #kubuntu-devel #kubuntu-offtopic #kde #kde-ro #kde-devel #archlinux.ro #romania
- Launched a Kubuntu Romania website, where news and support in the romanian language are offered.
- Convinced a web developer friend to donate some of his time to create a funky looking download page for the Kubuntu Sites. It is now used on the Kubuntu Romania, and on the official Kubuntu site.
- Started working on a general, multilingual website using the Wordpress platform for use as a single Kubuntu website.
- I've created a Kubuntu users map, where I've placed most of the users that have migrated to Kubuntu (from Windows or other Linux distros) because of me.
- Migrated all except a few computer in the administration, to Kubuntu, in a General School in my city.
- Started to contribute on KDE translations to Romanian
- Started learning the KDE bugfix workflow
- Fixed a few bugs in Jovie (they were not reported on the bugzilla, but directly to Jerremy, the Jovie maintainer)
- Applied for GSoC with a Jovie project plan, but because I already had a job, it was not accepted.
Contributed to fixing a minor KMail bug (https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/111917/)
Participated (with funding from Kubuntu for travel and accomodation) at a Bug Squashing Party in Munich, where I met face to face for the first time part of the Kubuntu Team, part of the Debian team, and of course the organizers, the LiMux Team.
Started migrating different public services in my city to Open Source software (LibreOffice, Krita, and where possible Kubuntu)
- I was initiated in packaging for Kubuntu by Jonathan Riddell
- Packaged a UFW KDE KCM for Kubuntu, and communicated with the developer to fix the problems I've found in the tarball.
- Finished migrating from the familiar GNOME apps to the KDE apps.
- As an Ubuntu user I hated Unity so much that I've decided to give KDE another try. I've been using Kubuntu since.
- Migrate all the administration in my city (schools, city hall, etc) to Kubuntu.
- Become a KDE developer.