Mawson Lakes, Adelaide, South Australia
A Brief Introduction (to me)
Currently, Paul works on Linux systems for the Adelaide company, Robway Crane Safety Systems. In past lives he has worked with large SQL databases (education), been a Unix/Linux System Administrator (defence), and developed network managment software (startup). Oh, yeah and he also studied Physics and Mathematics at the University of Adelaide.
He is also involved in LinuxSA (The South Australian Linux User Group, http://www.linuxsa.org.au) and has given presentations on topics of personal interest, ranging from distributed computing, embedded Linux and 'git'.
He enjoys having a local public library that he can walk to, although he has to bring his own software (Portable Apps.) as they are yet to appriciate the benefits of Free and Open Source.
He is working on Linux 2.6.x support for Compulab's ARMCore-GX (system on a board). This embedded system uses the Intel's XScale PXA255 processor. Cross platform development is done on both Intel i686 and PowerPC (Mac Mini) platforms (thanks to Ubuntu!)
Immediate Plan for Ubuntu Involvement
Continue my contributions on the AustralianTeam.
- Work (locally) on Bug #1
- Created CD Art for TheOpenCD 3.0
- mdbtools - Suggestions, with patch, on how to make data extraction easier for migrating data from MS-Access to PostgreSQL.
- Miscellanious bug reports.
- Organising Committee Member (Helper/Volunteer wrangler) for Linux.Conf.Au 2004 (Adelaide)
- Organised Embedded Miniconf (1/2 day) at Linux.Conf.Au 2006
- [Done] Sign 'Code of Contact'
- Add name to next Council agenda
- [Done] Describe some of the things I am currently involved in.
- Sign up as a maintainer
- Ubuntu Installfest in School Holidays with Dapper.
- Contact South Australian Education Department about distributing Dapper.
- Building local community support and infrustructure.
- Contact CISA re. making Dapper available for Not-for-profit groups.