Documentation guy, wiki editor, Mallard evangelist, DocBook wrangler, former bug triager, occasional en_GB translator, erstwhile .desktop file meddler, and Ubuntu user (of course). My interests are in documentation, user assistance, and usability.
I graduated with a Masters' in Physics with Astrophysics from the University of Manchester, UK, in July 2010 and I'm going on to study for a DPhil (PhD) in Theoretical Cosmology at the University of Oxford, UK. I'm interested in dark energy, and will be looking at inhomogeneous (non-FRW) cosmologies which reproduce the observational effects associated with dark energy.
You can find out more about the book (including details of parts of it that I released under a Creative Commons license) in this blog post.
I'm an active member of the Doc Team, and spend most of my Ubuntu-time committing patches, closing bugs and helping-out mentoring students. I also work with the GNOME Documentation Project, and am a member of its Steering Committee.
I was a member of the bugsquad, but haven't been very active recently.
Currently a member of the GNOME Documentation Team Steering Committee.
- I'm a maintainer of the Ubuntu documentation and member of the documentation committers team.
- I greet new members of the documentation team and help them find tasks.
- Writing and editing the new GNOME desktop help
- Planning for the coming renaissance in the GNOME developer documentation
- Numerous GNOME application manuals (Evolution, Evince, GNOME Color Manager)
Working on the system documentation and TopicBasedHelp
Helping out with Project Mallard
- Analysing IRC logs, forum posts and website statistics to try and gauge the demand for certain documentation
MOTU Science .desktop files
Switching from Windows guide
System -> Help and Support
Worked on setting-up the DocuMENTORS programme
- Mentoring new contributors
Playing with the Welcome Centre concept (it never came to anything)
Some pages I'm using to test new ideas:
<<FullSearch: execution failed [Missing closing bracket )] (see also the log)>>