added some comments
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 11:||Line 11:|
|* [http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=23981 Kubuntu Package Menu]||* [http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=23981 Kubuntu Package Menu] - This code is now included in Breezy within the kubuntu-konqueror-shortcuts|
|Line 32:||Line 32:|
|Line 33:||Line 34:|
|== Personal Kubuntu TODO ==||== Personal Kubuntu TODO (Updated for Dapper) ==|
|Line 35:||Line 36:|
| * Improve Kynaptic/Kapture (DONE IN BREEZY)
* [http://amarok.kde.org amaroK] CD audio playing and ripping (see this thread - [http://amarok.kde.org/component/option,com_simpleboard/Itemid,57/func,view/id,5092/catid,16/limit,6/limitstart,0/ integration with kioslave-audiocd and kaudiocreator)] (DONE IN LATEST VERSION OF AMAROK - NOT IN BREEZY)
|* Improve Adept|
|Line 41:||Line 41:|
|(I need to check these for konsistency in Breezy. I don't know what has and has not been addressed).|
|Line 43:||Line 42:|
|* Kynaptic/Kapture DCOP calls. Then my [http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=23981 Kubuntu Package Menu] can use Kynaptic instead of xterm and kdialog. Fixes need for dpkg commands.|
|Line 45:||Line 43:|
| * [http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=17201 kio-locate]. Fixes need for locate and find commands (in universe now, but needs to be in main).
* [http://www.simonzone.com/software/guidance/ Guidance], a bunch of kcontrol modules. Fixes need for manually editing startup scripts, xorg.conf, fstab, and also adds a better user/group GUI. (suggested on KubuntuSuggestedPackages)
* [http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=9965 kssh]. Frontend for logging into a Secure Shell, but you still are using a shell, so maybe this is pointless… also, fish:/ (for SCP) works well in konqueror.
- Email: philipacamaniac (at gmail)
Forums: [http://www.ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=13905 philipacamaniac]
- IRC: philipacamaniac on irc.freenode.net
Find my geodata on UbuntuWorldWide
Hi, my name is Philip Cain. I'm 22 and you could call me an IT systems administrator and webmaster. Kubuntu is the primary OS on my desktop at home, and I hope to assimilate more desktops and servers at work. I plan on helping the Ubuntu community, and specifically the Kubuntu project, in any way I can. I'll do this mostly by adopting threads in the forums, adding [:HowTos: HowTo] wikis, cleaning the wiki, reporting/fixing bugs, creating artwork, answering questions on #kubuntu, and helping with documentation. Another area I'd like to help in is eliminating the "last mile" of required CLI usage from within Kubuntu.
Contributions and Projects
[http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=23981 Kubuntu Package Menu] - This code is now included in Breezy within the kubuntu-konqueror-shortcuts
- New package testing (eventually here I'll be testing KDE 3.5 packages in Hoary and Breezy)
Categorized old userpages into CategoryHomepage
- Layout suggestions
http://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-doc/2005-June/002563.html (not yet implemented)
http://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-doc/2005-June/002601.html (not yet implemented)
http://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-doc/2005-June/002602.html (not yet implemented)
- [:SagerNP3760Hoary:Kubuntu Hoary 5.04 on a Sager NP3760 Laptop] (started)
Bugs I've Reported/Commented/Closed
Personal Kubuntu TODO (Updated for Dapper)
- Improve Adept
Gecko rendering engine for [http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/view/976 Konqueror] (KDE4)
The Last Mile - Removing the Command Line Interface
[http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=23761 KSystemLog]. Fixes need for tailing /var/log files.
Part-time only; my full-time IT job and my family keeps me busy.