|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 23:||Line 23:|
|* [bdmurray] 2020-06-30 python3-scipy (src scipy) autopkgtest regression on ppc64el - python3 test passes, openblas test does not now|
|Line 43:||Line 42:|
|* The orcania transition - almost there, I (sil2100) pushed it forward a bit but it seems it now needs a merge of hoel before we can get everything building in the chain.|
|Line 44:||Line 44:|
|* golang-github-miekg-dns, which is blocking golang-github-hashicorp-memberlist: integer overflow on armhf: https://github.com/miekg/dns/issues/1129, https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/golang-github-miekg-dns/+bug/1884152||* golang-github-miekg-dns, which is blocking golang-github-hashicorp-memberlist: integer overflow on armhf: https://github.com/miekg/dns/issues/1129, https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/golang-github-miekg-dns/+bug/1884152, https://github.com/miekg/dns/pull/1130|
+1 Maintenance Status
Build failures: http://qa.ubuntuwire.com/ftbfs/
Last test rebuild (may be out of date): https://people.canonical.com/~doko/ftbfs-report/test-rebuild-20200327-focal-focal.html
Items that are being actively worked on. Please always mention the name / irc nick, who is working on that.
- [rbalint] (needs review) retry-autopkgtest-regressions improvements (retry based on log regex, don't retry queued/running)
[rbalint] (needs review) autopkgtest-cloud: retry on some frequent intermittent failures review
[rbalint] (needs review) Switch Britney hints to git review
Things to pick from
These are issues that are not yet done, after somebody's rotation/shift ended. Or someone has spotted them but had no chance to work on it. If someone trying to pick them realized that it was resolved by time/someone-else please be so kind and remove the related entries.
- Ongoing transitions
- there are plenty of rust packages stuck in -proposed. Unfortunately the rust packages we sync from Debian are not generally in a consistent state allowing migration (to Debian testing or to the Ubuntu release). If someone takes a look at these, they will probably want to recommend removals of various leaf packages blocking transitions.
- vcmi ftbfs, pinged xnox about it, boost 1.71 related
- ubuntu-app-launcher, url-dispatcher, unity fallout
- Who to approach to remove those? xnox will look into them
- rust-* some test and many "unsatisfiable depends", one needs to check how this was meant to work ...
- the rust packages only build if uploaded in a very precise order, which they were to debian but the debian import freeze messes this up for us
- it's not clear that any of these packages help users of Ubuntu at all, so putting effort into these packages has a low ROI IMO (I == mwhudson)
- there is a mess of go packages that needs unpicking. It's the sort of thing where we/Debian has updated one package to a given version, but some of the rdeps upstream are still pinning an older version.
- this is blocking some potentially useful packages
autopkgtest for r-cran-* is in excuses quite often, this needs to be checked and probably custom test triggers (there also is a whopping 1.8k r-cran-* tests in http://autopkgtest.ubuntu.com/running atm)
- perl micro update 5.30.3 - On Monday there was another upload of 5.30.3-4 and someone overzealously removed all perl tests. Cpaelzer/xnox/Laney re-triggered the tests the results ahve to be re-checked.
- The orcania transition - almost there, I (sil2100) pushed it forward a bit but it seems it now needs a merge of hoel before we can get everything building in the chain.
golang-github-miekg-dns, which is blocking golang-github-hashicorp-memberlist: integer overflow on armhf: https://github.com/miekg/dns/issues/1129, https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/golang-github-miekg-dns/+bug/1884152, https://github.com/miekg/dns/pull/1130
golang-yaml.v2: upstream golang issue https://github.com/golang/go/issues/39651. If we really need to get golang-yaml.v2 migrated before a fixed golang hits the archive, we can apply this workaround patch: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/golang-yaml.v2/+bug/1883770/comments/4
- Not ready yet
- haskell-* seems like mass-FTBFS
[cpaelzer] this is due to a change in haddock-interface, per coordination with Debian the following need to be resolved first. I've asked to be pinged once things are ready to re-trigger builds/tests on Ubuntu as needed. That will be visible on their ML as reply and I'll ping the current +1 duty people.
- Because of the haddock-interface change, every single package needs a sourceful upload. This isn't relevant for Ubuntu.
- All packages need to be updated to the version in the package-plan, which generally corresponds to Stackage LTS 15.13.
- Both packages which do not need a version update and packages which do need to be upgraded also need patching because we do not automatically apply Hackage metadata updates which help
- keep Stackage consistent.
- All new packages pulled in as dependencies of the new versions
- need to be packaged, and get processed through NEW. Some of these packages have been stuck in NEW for weeks, but most of them have not been packaged at all.
- Build/test failures need to be addressed.
- haskell-* seems like mass-FTBFS