|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 19:||Line 19:|
| * [rbalint] (needs review) retry-autopkgtest-regressions improvements (retry based on log regex, don't retry queued/running)
* [rbalint] (needs review) autopkgtest-cloud: retry on some frequent intermittent failures [[https://code.launchpad.net/~rbalint/autopkgtest-cloud/+git/autopkgtest-cloud/+merge/384609|review]]
* [rbalint] (needs review) Switch Britney hints to git [[https://code.launchpad.net/~rbalint/britney/hints-ubuntu-bzr-to-git/+merge/386139|review]]
| * [rbalint] (WIP) autopkgtest-cloud: retry on some frequent intermittent failures [[https://code.launchpad.net/~rbalint/autopkgtest-cloud/+git/autopkgtest-cloud/+merge/384609|review]]
* [rbalint] (WIP) Switch Britney hints to git [[https://code.launchpad.net/~rbalint/britney/hints-ubuntu-bzr-to-git/+merge/386139|review]]
|Line 50:||Line 48:|
| * haskell-* seems like mass-FTBFS
* [cpaelzer] this is due to a change in haddock-interface, per coordination with Debian the following need to be resolved first. I've asked to be pinged once things are ready to re-trigger builds/tests on Ubuntu as needed. That will be visible on [[https://lists.debian.org/debian-haskell/2020/06/msg00003.html|their ML as reply]] and I'll ping the current +1 duty people.
* Because of the haddock-interface change, every single package needs a sourceful upload. This isn't relevant for Ubuntu.
* All packages need to be updated to the version in the package-plan, which generally corresponds to Stackage LTS 15.13.
* Both packages which do not need a version update and packages which do need to be upgraded also need patching because we do not automatically apply Hackage metadata updates which help
keep Stackage consistent.
* All new packages pulled in as dependencies of the new versions
need to be packaged, and get processed through NEW. Some of
these packages have been stuck in NEW for weeks, but most of
them have not been packaged at all.
* Build/test failures need to be addressed.
| * haskell-* seems like mass-FTBFS and build-dependency need
* [cpaelzer] (snip remove old details ...) Per coordination with Debian several things need to be resolved first [[https://lists.debian.org/debian-haskell/2020/06/msg00003.html|their ML as reply]].
* The above was early ~June, many but not all things are resolved by now (early August)
* haskell-haskell-gi-base was downgraded for now which makes many haskell things show up as wait-on-dep
* unblocking these would conflict with ICU, do not touch them yet
* after ICU is done syncpackage 0.23 of haskell-haskell-gi-base to get many haskell builds and tests
+1 Maintenance Status
Build failures: http://qa.ubuntuwire.com/ftbfs/
Last test rebuild (may be out of date): https://people.canonical.com/~doko/ftbfs-report/test-rebuild-20200327-focal-focal.html
Items that are being actively worked on. Please always mention the name / irc nick, who is working on that.
[rbalint] (WIP) autopkgtest-cloud: retry on some frequent intermittent failures review
[rbalint] (WIP) Switch Britney hints to git review
Things to pick from
These are issues that are not yet done, after somebody's rotation/shift ended. Or someone has spotted them but had no chance to work on it. If someone trying to pick them realized that it was resolved by time/someone-else please be so kind and remove the related entries.
- Ongoing transitions
- there are plenty of rust packages stuck in -proposed. Unfortunately the rust packages we sync from Debian are not generally in a consistent state allowing migration (to Debian testing or to the Ubuntu release). If someone takes a look at these, they will probably want to recommend removals of various leaf packages blocking transitions.
- vcmi ftbfs, pinged xnox about it, boost 1.71 related
- ubuntu-app-launcher, url-dispatcher, unity fallout
- Who to approach to remove those? xnox will look into them
- rust-* some test and many "unsatisfiable depends", one needs to check how this was meant to work ...
- the rust packages only build if uploaded in a very precise order, which they were to debian but the debian import freeze messes this up for us
- it's not clear that any of these packages help users of Ubuntu at all, so putting effort into these packages has a low ROI IMO (I == mwhudson)
- there is a mess of go packages that needs unpicking. It's the sort of thing where we/Debian has updated one package to a given version, but some of the rdeps upstream are still pinning an older version.
- this is blocking some potentially useful packages
autopkgtest for r-cran-* is in excuses quite often, this needs to be checked and probably custom test triggers (there also is a whopping 1.8k r-cran-* tests in http://autopkgtest.ubuntu.com/running atm)
- perl micro update 5.30.3 - On Monday there was another upload of 5.30.3-4 and someone overzealously removed all perl tests. Cpaelzer/xnox/Laney re-triggered the tests the results ahve to be re-checked.
- The orcania transition - almost there, I (sil2100) pushed it forward a bit but it seems it now needs a merge of hoel before we can get everything building in the chain.
golang-github-miekg-dns, which is blocking golang-github-hashicorp-memberlist: integer overflow on armhf: https://github.com/miekg/dns/issues/1129, https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/golang-github-miekg-dns/+bug/1884152, https://github.com/miekg/dns/pull/1130
golang-yaml.v2: upstream golang issue https://github.com/golang/go/issues/39651. If we really need to get golang-yaml.v2 migrated before a fixed golang hits the archive, we can apply this workaround patch: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/golang-yaml.v2/+bug/1883770/comments/4
- Not ready yet
- haskell-* seems like mass-FTBFS and build-dependency need
[cpaelzer] (snip remove old details ...) Per coordination with Debian several things need to be resolved first their ML as reply.
- The above was early ~June, many but not all things are resolved by now (early August)
- haskell-haskell-gi-base was downgraded for now which makes many haskell things show up as wait-on-dep
- unblocking these would conflict with ICU, do not touch them yet
- after ICU is done syncpackage 0.23 of haskell-haskell-gi-base to get many haskell builds and tests
- going again
- haskell-* seems like mass-FTBFS and build-dependency need