This is the home page for Ubuntu Portuguese (pt-pt) translations.
Our intention is to maintain a central communications channel for Portuguese speakers from Portugal. This team does not include speakers of Brazilian Portuguese.
Translation Team (ubuntu-l10n-pt)
The team members who actually write to the Launchpad Translations update:
How to Participate
Joining the Ubuntu Portuguese (Portugal) Translators team allows you to commit translations and vote on policies. If you are not a member, your contributions will need to be approved by a member. The procedure for joining is as follows.
Sign up for a Launchpad account. At this point you can translate strings as suggestions and they have to be approved by a member.
Sign up to the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list. This is necessary in order to this group function as a community, rather than an uncoordinated partisan warfare.
Apply to be a member of the Ubuntu Portuguese (Portugal) Translators team. The requirements for admission:
- Translate some string in Launchpad as suggestions, so we can evaluate if you are able to become a translator.
- Send an email to the mailing list presenting yourself to the other translators
- After reviewing your participation an Administrator should e-mail you.
The team is moderated, meaning that you need to be approved by an Administrator before you are allowed to join. Membership is dependent upon:
- adequate command of the written English language to qualify as a translator
- ability to contribute constructively and work as a team under the leadership of the Administrators
- following established guidelines and directions
- remaining contactable via the mailing list
Don't let these requirements scare you off, though. Provided you have decent written English language skills, you will likely be admitted.
Our primary communications channel is our mailing list.
Translation Memory Table
The bulk of our translation effort is simple word substitution. To streamline this process and to maintain consistency, we are compiling a translation memory table. Please help us by contributing to that table.
Ubuntu translators mailing list: email@example.com
- IRC Server:
- irc.freenode.net Channel #ubuntu-pt