1 === ubottu changed the topic of #ubuntu-meeting to: Current meeting: QA Team | Calendar: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/event | Logs: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/ | 25 Jun 22:00 UTC: Platform Team | 26 Jun 10:00 UTC: MOTU School Session - Apport retraces | 26 Jun 13:00 UTC: Desktop Team | 01 Jul 15:00 UTC: Server Team | 02 Jul 17:00 UTC: QA Team 2 [17:58] * pedro_ waves 3 [17:58] <ara> :-) 4 [17:58] <ara> hey 5 [17:58] <pedro_> hi heno, ara 6 [17:58] <heno> hey ara, pedro_ :) 7 [17:58] <pedro_> ehhe 8 [17:59] <heno> bdmurray, sbeattie ping? 9 [17:59] <davmor2> evening everybody :) 10 [17:59] <bdmurray> Hello all 11 [18:00] <sbeattie> Hey 12 [18:00] <heno> I've pinged cgregan 13 [18:00] <heno> let's give him a minute 14 [18:02] <Flare183> There his is 15 [18:02] <pedro_> oops split 16 [18:02] <Flare183> pedro_: yeap 17 [18:02] <ara> oops 18 [18:02] <Flare183> he* 19 [18:02] <heno> ok, we can start 20 [18:02] <heno> #startmeeting 21 [18:03] <pedro_> no bot? 22 [18:03] * davmor2 hit's bot with big hammer 23 [18:03] <heno> [TOPIC]: Outstanding items from last meeting. 24 [18:03] <heno> always a good agenda item - but we should also start keeping a list :) 25 [18:04] * stgraber waves 26 [18:05] <Flare183> another netsplit 27 [18:05] <heno> "In a few minutes I'm going to be rebooting one of our main us hubs. This will mean some splitting, but things should come back together rather quickly. Thank you for your patience, and thank you for using freenode!" -- apparently 28 [18:05] <ogra> it was announced 29 [18:06] <heno> let's take 5 minutes to read the log from the last meeting in the meantime 30 [18:10] <davmor2> yay bot is back and everyone else too :) 31 [18:11] <heno> ok, cool 32 [18:11] <heno> let's try to continue 33 [18:11] <heno> #startmeeting 34 [18:12] <nickellery> @schedule Vancouver 35 [18:12] <ubottu> nickellery: Schedule for America/Vancouver: Current meeting: QA Team | 25 Jun 15:00: Platform Team | 26 Jun 03:00: MOTU School Session - Apport retraces | 26 Jun 06:00: Desktop Team | 01 Jul 08:00: Server Team | 02 Jul 10:00: QA Team 36 [18:12] <heno> not quite :) 37 [18:12] * pedro_ kicks the bot 38 [18:12] <heno> #startmeeting 39 [18:12] <heno> ... 40 [18:12] <stgraber> the meeting bot isn't here 41 [18:12] <heno> topic: Outstanding items from last meeting 42 [18:13] <heno> meh :( 43 [18:13] <heno> I don't see any major outstanding issues 44 [18:14] <davmor2> see pedro_ that's what happens when you kick the bot :) 45 [18:14] <heno> mgunes has posted in the forums about SRU testing 46 [18:14] <pedro_> davmor2: haha, see it works better than your hammer :-P 47 [18:14] <heno> topic: New starter Ara Pulido 48 [18:14] <heno> everyone welcome ara 49 [18:14] <davmor2> welcome Ara 50 [18:14] * cgregan waves to Ara 51 [18:15] <pedro_> welcome ara! 52 [18:15] * pedro_ hugs ara 53 [18:15] <heno> who will be working on desktop test automation 54 [18:15] <ara> thanks 55 [18:15] <stgraber> welcome ara 56 [18:15] <sbeattie> welcome ara! \o/ 57 [18:16] <heno> I'm sure we'l see interesting testing projects evolving in the next few weeks and months 58 [18:16] <heno> We are focusing on LTSP scripting this time 59 [18:17] <ara> LDTP? 60 [18:17] * ogra listens up 61 [18:17] <stgraber> s/LTSP/LDTP/ imho 62 [18:17] <heno> contributions are also very welcome once we have a few basics in place 63 [18:17] <ogra> :) 64 [18:17] <davmor2> I was beginning to wonder :) 65 [18:17] <stgraber> even if having more coders for LTSP would be interesting too :) 66 [18:17] <heno> ara, stgraber: just testing :) 67 [18:17] <ogra> yea :) 68 [18:17] <ara> haha 69 [18:18] <heno> btw, stgraber is our local LTSP expert along with ogra 70 [18:18] <heno> moving on 71 [18:18] <heno> topic: 8.04.1 status 72 [18:18] <heno> according to http://people.ubuntu.com/~sbeattie/sru_todo.html we are down to 21 targets now 73 [18:19] <heno> only one appears to be hw-specific, which is good 74 [18:19] <sbeattie> nss and nspr are actually false positives, I believe. 75 [18:19] <heno> ok 76 [18:19] <davmor2> heno: wubi is getting some love too so hopefully that should work better for .1 77 [18:19] <ara> when is the point release? 78 [18:20] <pedro_> middle of july? 79 [18:20] <heno> sbeattie: you want to give a 2-line update from your POV? 80 [18:20] <sbeattie> davmor2: yeah, thanks for Wubi testing! 81 [18:20] <heno> I think we are aiming for early July 82 [18:21] <davmor2> sbeattie: It's what I do :) 83 [18:21] <sbeattie> Summary: SRU validation seems to be going along pretty well, made good progress with SRU Bug Hud day yesterday. 84 [18:21] <sbeattie> Thanks to all who participated! 85 [18:21] <pedro_> ara: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IntrepidReleaseSchedule 86 [18:21] <heno> I don't think we have committed to a date, but before the sprint AFAIU 87 [18:21] <sbeattie> July 3rd was the last date I heard. 88 [18:21] <heno> right 89 [18:21] <sbeattie> Which is coming up fast. 90 [18:22] <heno> that's the target 91 [18:22] <pedro_> we have a different one on the QA Schedule btw 92 [18:22] <heno> we'll see how that goes 93 [18:22] <sbeattie> right. 94 [18:22] <heno> oh? 95 [18:22] <pedro_> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/IntrepidSchedule <- points to be July 10th 96 [18:22] <heno> As the QA team we should have a clear view on whether it's ready 97 [18:23] <davmor2> it ain't ready ;) 98 [18:23] <sbeattie> pedro_: ah, yeah, the alpha2 and 8.04.1 switching weeks with other has not been reflected there. 99 [18:23] <heno> and if we feel elements are not we should advocate a) a delay or b) they some updates are left out 100 [18:23] <davmor2> I think the 10th will be more realistic 101 [18:23] <bdmurray> cjwatson swapped alpha 2 and 8.04.1 on the 18th 102 [18:24] <bdmurray> I'll subscribe to main release schedule and update the QA team one as necessary 103 [18:24] <heno> it would of course be good if the process were not blocked on us at that point ;) 104 [18:24] <davmor2> I won't be here blame sbeattie ;) 105 [18:24] <heno> thanks sbeattie for the summary 106 [18:25] <heno> next 107 [18:25] <heno> topic: Evaluation and Future of Hug Days 108 [18:25] <heno> the activity seems to have slowed down a bit the past few weeks 109 [18:25] <sbeattie> summer lull? 110 [18:25] <pedro_> sbeattie: seems so 111 [18:26] <heno> which I think is mainly due to it being summer 112 [18:26] <heno> so I suggest we scale back to one day for now 113 [18:26] <heno> when should we aim to resume 2? just after the bug jam or Septemberish? 114 [18:27] <ara> bug jam? 115 [18:27] <bdmurray> I think after the global bug jam would be good 116 [18:27] <heno> Feature Freeze is Aug 28th 117 [18:28] <davmor2> After feature freeze is good less major changes 118 [18:28] <heno> ara: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GlobalBugJam 119 [18:28] <pedro_> yup that's a good date 120 [18:28] <ara> ta 121 [18:28] <heno> pedro_: which? bj or ff? 122 [18:28] <stgraber> after FF sounds good 123 [18:29] <pedro_> heno: after FF 124 [18:30] <heno> ok let's aim for after FF - with the option of picking it up after the BJ if there is a surge in interest 125 [18:30] <heno> any other topics today? 126 [18:30] <bdmurray> which day for the one a week bug day? 127 [18:30] <pedro_> not from me 128 [18:31] <heno> I would prefer Thursdays 129 [18:31] <ara> can anyone point me to the wiki page where bug days have their schedule? 130 [18:31] <heno> as I have a ton of meetings on tuesdays 131 [18:31] <heno> but I'm not fussed 132 [18:32] <pedro_> yeah i tend to be a bit swamped the first days of the week (lot of bugmail to read) 133 [18:32] <pedro_> Thursdays are also good for me 134 [18:32] <bdmurray> Thursday is fine with me 135 [18:32] <sbeattie> works for me. 136 [18:32] <heno> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugDay is the main bug day page, but it has no schedule 137 [18:33] <cgregan> Between 12 and 3 I am booked solid, but other than that 138 [18:33] <heno> it has tended to be every tues and thurs 139 [18:33] <cgregan> EST 140 [18:33] <davmor2> the wiki has been updated for mobile-builder 141 [18:33] <heno> it has the next day listed though 142 [18:34] <heno> but is out of date :) 143 [18:34] <pedro_> do you think it would be a good idea to start asking for help on setting up the hug day page at the bugsquad list or in the bugcontrol one? 144 [18:34] <pedro_> for having more participation from the community 145 [18:34] <heno> so a QA team meeting page type schedule would be good on that page 146 [18:35] <pedro_> otherwise some of them didn't even noticed that there's a hug day 147 [18:35] <ara> yes, that would be helpful 148 [18:35] <bdmurray> I've asked in the past, I think the last sprint, and no one was interested 149 [18:35] <heno> should we just ask a few individuals directly? 150 [18:35] <cgregan> davmor2: :-) 151 [18:36] <davmor2> cgregan: KVM build mean 1 line to build :) 152 [18:36] <pedro_> heno: yep that would work better, we have a few core members that we can ask for help 153 [18:36] <davmor2> add the ppa to the repos and then add the app:) 154 [18:37] <heno> pedro_: will you take an action to try that? 155 [18:37] <pedro_> heno: sure, i'll do it 156 [18:37] <heno> ok great 157 [18:37] <heno> any further topics? 158 [18:38] <bdmurray> I've been working on the wiki a fair bit and my .moin_aliases file is quite long now. Would anyone be interested in sharing these somehow? 159 [18:38] <heno> bdmurray: what does that do exactly? 160 [18:39] <bdmurray> a moin_aliases file is just shortcuts to wiki pages 161 [18:39] * heno should probably know having helped set up the Ubuntu wiki 162 [18:39] <sbeattie> that'd be useful. 163 [18:39] <bdmurray> so you can use editmoin debug-usplash 164 [18:39] <heno> ok 165 [18:39] <bdmurray> and it'll expand to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingUsplash 166 [18:39] <ara> that is helpful :-) 167 [18:40] <sbeattie> bdmurray: though perhaps you're the biggest/sole user of ~/.moin_aliases, apparentl7. 168 [18:40] <heno> should we set up a bzr branch? 169 [18:40] <davmor2> bdmurray: I didn't get chance to play with any images in the end :( 170 [18:40] <bdmurray> It seems silly for one file but the best idea at the same time 171 [18:41] <sbeattie> well, should we have a bzr branch for generally useful qa things? 172 [18:41] <sbeattie> (not sure what else should go in that yet) 173 [18:41] <bdmurray> leann and I set one up for canonical specific things, however a general bugsquad one might be good too 174 [18:42] <heno> that could include the vim bug day script too 175 [18:42] <bdmurray> Throwing in the bugs mailing list scripts might be good too 176 [18:42] <davmor2> sbeattie: it could include the script for dl-ing the isos 177 [18:42] <davmor2> too 178 [18:42] <heno> and greasemonkey scripts perhaps 179 [18:42] <sbeattie> davmor2: excellent suggestion! 180 [18:42] <ara> cool, that would save a lot of time to new starters ;-) 181 [18:42] <heno> oh, lots of good ideas :) 182 [18:42] <bdmurray> the greasemonkey scripts are a separate project, which I really think is best 183 [18:43] <bdmurray> As thought might want to be used by other launchpad projects 184 [18:43] <heno> bdmurray: can you organise this? 185 [18:43] <ara> i can imagine myself trying to do something and after a couple of hours someone saying "but we already have a script for that" 186 [18:43] <ara> :D 187 [18:43] <bdmurray> heno: sure 188 [18:43] <davmor2> ara: we did say just ask ;) 189 [18:43] <heno> perhaps we should also set up an ubuntu-qa LP team again so devs can find us 190 [18:44] <sbeattie> Oh, as an aside, I should mention laserjock/Jordan Mantha and I have set up an sru-tools project: https://launchpad.net/sru-tools 191 [18:44] <heno> I was in a motu sru meeting where several people claimed that Ubuntu QA did not exist because we were not in LP :) 192 [18:44] <sbeattie> heno: agreed, or rename canonical-qa LP team 193 [18:45] <heno> sbeattie: canonical-qa has a separate function 194 [18:45] <heno> relating to bugs escalated from support etc 195 [18:45] <davmor2> heno: there you go the second tier to iso testers :) 196 [18:45] <sbeattie> heno: Oh! Makes sense. And now I understand the bugs I get being subscribed to that team. :-) 197 [18:46] <bdmurray> lol 198 [18:46] <heno> should we make it hierarchical or just an umbrella team? 199 [18:46] <pedro_> haha 200 [18:46] <heno> heh 201 [18:46] <pedro_> an umbrella is ok 202 [18:46] <heno> so people in bug control and testing are members - bugsquad too? 203 [18:47] <pedro_> yup, they're part of the ubuntu-qa ;-) 204 [18:47] <bdmurray> Hrm, bug control would be every developer then 205 [18:47] <heno> hm, so perhaps only bugsquad? 206 [18:47] <ara> i am not in any of those teams yet 207 [18:47] <bdmurray> heno: what is the point of the team again? 208 [18:48] <heno> bdmurray: to raise our visibility as a QA team in he dev community and host common tools like that bzr branch 209 [18:49] <persia> I'd suggest including bugcontrol won't hurt. It might be nice if more developers were reminded that they are also QA. 210 [18:49] <davmor2> ara: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/Isoscript 211 [18:49] <davmor2> for the dl script :) 212 [18:50] <ara> :-) thanks davmor2 213 [18:51] <sbeattie> Perhaps related, are there other things we should be doing to raise our visibility and encourage more community participation? 214 [18:51] <heno> will this cause lots of spam if people start assigning/subscribing bugs to ubuntu-qa? 215 [18:51] <heno> which will happen 216 [18:51] <persia> Only if there isn't also an ubuntu-qa mailing list. 217 [18:52] <heno> which we don't really want to flood with bugmail 218 [18:52] <persia> For Ubuntu Universe Sponsors we created a mailing list, with optional subscription. Those members who like bugmail subscribe, and those that consider it spam don't. 219 [18:52] <persia> Could be ubuntu-qa-bugs... 220 [18:52] <bdmurray> persia: is than an lp mailing list or not? 221 [18:53] <persia> bdmurray: For UUS, it's an ubuntuwire list (UUS predates LP MLs) 222 [18:53] <heno> though that makes it seem like we _want_ people assigning/subscribing bugs to ubuntu-qa :) 223 [18:53] <heno> and we haven't defined the purpose of that yet 224 [18:54] <persia> It will happen anyway (currently happens for MOTU), but can be discouraged. Active people will learn, and the rest will go away. 225 [18:55] <heno> cgregan: you've set up a bunch of LP teams recently; could you look into possible structures for this and their implications? 226 [18:55] <heno> then we can consider a few options at the next meeting (and whether we need this at all) 227 [18:56] <cgregan> heno: sure 228 [18:56] <heno> thanks 229 [18:56] <persia> I think it has PR value, even if it's essentially useless for coordination. 230 [18:56] <heno> could well be 231 [18:56] <heno> #endmeeting 232 [18:56] <heno> thanks everyone 233 [18:57] <pedro_> thanks! 234 [18:57] <sbeattie> thanks! 235 [18:57] <ara> thanks! 236 [18:57] <davmor2> thanks back :) 237 [18:57] <stgraber> thanks!
Attached FilesTo refer to attachments on a page, use attachment:filename, as shown below in the list of files. Do NOT use the URL of the [get] link, since this is subject to change and can break easily.
You are not allowed to attach a file to this page.