20111123

Meeting summary

  • Previous Actions (all)
  • Community Efforts/Testing
  • Automated/Systems Testing
  • Engineering Team Bug Status (hggdh, Ursinha, pedro_, bdmurray)
  • Other Topics

LINK: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/Meetings and https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BugSquad/Meetings (gema, 18:18:30)

  • Chair Selection

ACTION: Gema to chair the new QA meeting (gema, 18:23:48) ACTION: pedro_ to chair the new Bugs meeting (gema, 18:24:00)

Meeting ended at 18:24:59 UTC.

Votes

Action items

  • Gema to chair the new QA meeting
  • pedro_ to chair the new Bugs meeting

Action items, by person

  • pedro_
  • * pedro_ to chair the new Bugs meeting

People present (lines said)

  • gema (65)
  • nuclearbob (7)
  • pedro_ (6)
  • Ursinha (6)
  • meetingology (5)
  • IAmNotThatGuy (1)

Full Log

  • 18:01:27 <gema> #startmeeting Ubuntu QA Team

    18:01:27 <meetingology> Meeting started Wed Nov 23 18:01:27 2011 UTC. The chair is gema. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/AlanBell/mootbot.

    18:01:27 <meetingology>

    18:01:27 <meetingology> Available commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired

    18:01:50 <gema> anyone here for the meeting?

    18:02:43 <Ursinha> o/

    18:02:55 <gema> cool, hello Ursinha , it may just be the two of us Big Grin :)

    18:02:59 <Ursinha> lol

    18:03:03 <Ursinha> nuclearbob too?

    18:03:21 <nuclearbob> I'm here

    18:03:31 <gema> excellent!

    18:03:38 <IAmNotThatGuy> Hi. I also will be watching =]

    18:03:45 <gema> jibel told me he cannot attend but gave me his feedback

    18:03:50 <gema> IAmNotThatGuy: welcome Big Grin :)

    18:04:04 <gema> there we go, let's get started then

    18:04:14 <gema> [TOPIC] Previous Actions (all)

    18:04:28 <gema> the only previous action I am aware of is me chairing the meeting

    18:04:32 <gema> do you guys have anything else?

    18:05:08 <gema> ok, cool, let's keep going

    18:05:18 <gema> [TOPIC] Community Efforts/Testing

    18:05:37 <gema> I have two calls for testing from jibel Smile :)

    18:05:55 <gema> 1) people interested can try to break the new tracker at http://91.189.93.73/qatracker

    18:06:08 <gema> 2) A1 is next week, so people can start testing dailies and are welcome to participate to A1 milestone testing starting on Monday/Tuesday

    18:06:33 <gema> A1 is already here, so please please, get your awesome manual testing started!

    18:06:48 <gema> anything else from anyone?

    18:07:28 <gema> moving on

    18:07:32 <gema> [TOPIC] Automated/Systems Testing

    18:07:49 <gema> so, I have feedback from jibel here too:

    18:08:01 <gema> * we are now keeping 15 days on ISO in the Lab https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/other-p-builds-smoke-testing

    18:08:18 <gema> we are starting a historic of builds so that when a build is broken, we can go back and test on yesterdays

    18:08:27 <gema> we'll keep 2 weeks worth of builds for now

    18:08:41 <gema> we'll let you know as soon as they are externally accessible

    18:08:56 <gema> * Unity Testing: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/desktop-p-unity-quality + https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/AutomatedTesting/UnityAutolandingSetup

    18:09:15 <gema> details regarding the unity testing we are trying to run on Jenkins

    18:09:31 <gema> or rather, we are running

    18:10:04 <gema> * desktop images are broken but we are working on it

    18:10:17 <gema> anything else to report, anyone?

    18:10:48 <gema> nuclearbob?

    18:11:10 <nuclearbob> we've got a wrapper to run the qa-regression-testing scripts in autotest now

    18:11:12 <nuclearbob> I'

    18:11:31 <nuclearbob> m getting autotest packaged so we can get it installed in the new lab and start using it to run qrt tests from jenkins

    18:12:15 <gema> sounds good, thanks, anyone else?

    18:12:21 <nuclearbob> I'll also be working on collecting manual testing results from checkbox to get them into the same data source as our automated testing, but that project is still commencing

    18:12:24 <nuclearbob> ..

    18:12:27 <gema> sorry, Big Grin :)

    18:12:59 <gema> oh, yep, integrating checkbox with litmus

    18:13:18 <gema> I forgot to mention, we are in the process of getting a litmus instance installed for everyone to use and contribute test cases to

    18:13:35 <gema> this is a pilot, we'll let you know whenever it is ready to use

    18:13:50 <gema> (i.e. when it is fully functional)

    18:14:06 <gema> that's all from us, I think

    18:14:16 <gema> [TOPIC] Engineering Team Bug Status (hggdh, Ursinha, pedro_, bdmurray)

    18:14:27 <gema> Ursinha ?

    18:15:16 <gema> pedro_: are you there?

    18:15:26 <pedro_> i'm around yes

    18:15:31 <Ursinha> I am, but nothing to report

    18:15:42 <Ursinha> working on refactoring bug workflows of our teams

    18:15:42 <gema> anything to report from you, pedro_ ?

    18:16:16 <gema> Ursinha: thanks Smile :)

    18:16:33 <pedro_> gema, nothing really important to share in the meeting

    18:17:00 <gema> ok, hggdh was working on an SRU problem before , so I think he is busy

    18:17:09 <gema> let's move on

    18:17:18 <gema> [TOPIC] Other Topics

    18:17:42 <gema> and here is the important update

    18:17:47 <gema> there will be IMPORTANT CHANGES to this meeting from next week onwards

    18:17:57 <gema> we are going to be splitting this meeting in two different ones, one for QA/testing and another one for Bug triaging

    18:18:10 <gema> the bug triaging meeting will keep this slot and the QA meeting will happen, from next week onwards one hour earlier

    18:18:21 <gema> you are more than welcome to contribute to the two agendas and propose new items for discussion

    18:18:30 <gema> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/Meetings and https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BugSquad/Meetings

    18:18:43 <gema> I will be sending an email to ubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com, ubuntu-qa@lists.ubuntu.com, ubuntu-bugsquad@lists.ubuntu.com and ubuntu-bugcontrol@lists.launchpad.net regarding the change so that everyone is aware for next week 18:19:01 * Ursinha likes the change

    18:19:06 <pedro_> cool Smile :-)

    18:19:10 <gema> Big Grin :)

    18:19:25 <pedro_> gema, thanks for organizing it

    18:19:31 <gema> pedro_: no problem

    18:20:02 <gema> does anyone have any question regarding the change or any concerns?

    18:22:19 <gema> ok, so we will move on and choose two people for next week's meetings Smile :)

    18:22:26 <gema> [TOPIC] Chair Selection

    18:22:48 <gema> since it is the first one for QA alone, I will be chairing that and discussing a new agenda and stuff like that

    18:23:02 <gema> who wants to volunteer for the bugs meeting?

    18:23:24 <pedro_> i can do that

    18:23:38 <gema> thanks pedro_

    18:23:44 <pedro_> np

    18:23:48 <gema> [ACTION] Gema to chair the new QA meeting 18:23:48 * meetingology Gema to chair the new QA meeting

    18:24:00 <gema> [ACTION] pedro_ to chair the new Bugs meeting 18:24:00 * meetingology pedro_ to chair the new Bugs meeting

    18:24:26 <gema> thanks everyone for your time

    18:24:42 <nuclearbob> thanks for chairing

    18:24:47 <gema> np

    18:24:59 <gema> #endmeeting

QATeam/Meetings/20111123 (last edited 2011-11-23 18:29:45 by gema)