Meeting started Wed Jan 4 17:00:03 2012 UTC. The chair is phillw Minutes: http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-01-04-17.00.moin.txt
- actions from last meeting
ACTION: patrickmw to publish a list of launchpad projects that conform our automated testing in jenkins. (phillw, 17:07:40)
- other-p-qa-qa-regression-testing (phillw, 17:11:01)
- other-p-qa-boot-speed-testing (phillw, 17:13:15)
LINK: http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/boot-speed/acer-veriton-01/index.html (nuclearbob, 17:13:52) LINK: http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/boot-speed/acer-veriton-01/index.html (phillw, 17:14:20)
- other-p-builds-smoke-testing (phillw, 17:15:20)
LINK: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/AutomatedTesting/TestingTypeAndBugTracking (nuclearbob, 17:15:57) LINK: http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/qa/qa-open-bugs.html (nuclearbob, 17:16:14) LINK: http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/qa/qa-closed-bugs.html (nuclearbob, 17:16:25)
LINK: https://launchpad.net/~lubuntu-qa (stenten, 17:21:05)
- any other business
- next chair
Meeting ended at 17:26:03 UTC.
- patrickmw to publish a list of launchpad projects that conform our automated testing in jenkins.
People present (lines said)
- phillw (38)
- nuclearbob (22)
- charlie-tca (13)
- stenten (4)
- meetingology (4)
- cjwatson (3)
- avarisclari (2)
- alourie (2)
17:00:03 <phillw> #startmeeting QA Team Meeting
17:00:03 <meetingology> Available commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired
17:00:28 <phillw> hello everyone! please show yourself as present
17:00:43 <phillw> #topic attendance
17:00:50 <alourie> phillw: sorry, I'm missing in person today
17:00:56 <alourie> will read logs later 17:01:02 * charlie-tca seems to be here today
17:01:08 <phillw> alourie: no worries
17:01:48 <phillw> anyone else here?
17:02:00 <stenten> I'm here from Lubuntu QA
17:02:57 <phillw> hmm, seems only lubutnu and xubuntu QA represented?
17:03:15 <charlie-tca> That's all we ever have, isn't it?
17:03:29 <phillw> it'll be a short meeting! 17:03:45 * charlie-tca don't know for sure, seems to have missed a couple of meetings himself.
17:04:28 <MrChrisDruif> Aloha phillw
17:04:34 <phillw> hi MrChrisDruif
17:05:00 <phillw> I'll give it a couple ofmore minutes to see if any late comers...
17:05:04 <avarisclari> good morning/evening/whateveryourtimezone is
17:05:20 * MrChrisDruif will only lurk thou
17:06:29 <nuclearbob> howdy
17:06:43 <phillw> #topic actions from last meeting
17:06:58 <phillw> patrickmw: are you here?
17:07:33 <phillw> I'll carry that one forward
17:07:40 <phillw> #action patrickmw to publish a list of launchpad projects that conform our automated testing in jenkins. 17:07:40 * meetingology patrickmw to publish a list of launchpad projects that conform our automated testing in jenkins.
17:08:21 <phillw> #topic blueprints
17:08:54 <phillw> Are there any people present who can give an update on any of the blue print sub-topics?
17:09:11 <nuclearbob> are subtopics distinct from individual blueprints, or are those the same?
17:10:04 <phillw> nuclearbob: I list the individual blue-prints as sub-toopics (I think, from memory that is how gema structures them).
17:10:27 <avarisclari> i'm a new guy thought i'd start attending meetings and help test, so iunno
17:10:41 <nuclearbob> I can give some updates on other-p-qa-qa-regression-testing
17:11:01 <phillw> #subtopic other-p-qa-qa-regression-testing
17:11:03 <nuclearbob> and other-p-qa-boot-speed-testing
17:11:20 <nuclearbob> on the qa-regression-testing, autotest-server and autotest-client packages are now available in my ppa
17:11:21 <phillw> nuclearbob: if you'd start with other-p-qa-qa-regression-testing
17:11:58 <nuclearbob> sconklin has been evaluating kernel test suites for inclusion into regular testing, and he feels that autotest will be a good fit for future inclusion, so I'm working with him on determining which of their existing tests we want to run
17:12:36 <nuclearbob> I'm also getting the qrt tests setup to run on images for all currently supported series for both x86 and amd64
17:13:02 <nuclearbob> and that's all for that blueprint for this week
17:13:10 <phillw> thanks
17:13:15 <phillw> #subtopic other-p-qa-boot-speed-testing
17:13:36 <nuclearbob> I've been working with patrickmw on that, we've got architecture added now
17:13:52 <nuclearbob> so, for instance, if you visit:
17:13:52 <nuclearbob> http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/boot-speed/acer-veriton-01/index.html
17:14:09 <nuclearbob> you can see results for historical and recent tests on i386 and amd64
17:14:20 <phillw> #link http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/boot-speed/acer-veriton-01/index.html
17:14:47 <nuclearbob> that's all I've got for this one, but I remembered I also have an update for other-p-builds-smoke-testing
17:15:15 <phillw> thanks
17:15:20 <phillw> #subtopic other-p-builds-smoke-testing
17:15:52 <nuclearbob> we now generate two reports based on the updated qa bug tagging criteria described here:
17:15:57 <nuclearbob> #link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/AutomatedTesting/TestingTypeAndBugTracking
17:16:08 <nuclearbob> an open bugs report is here:
17:16:14 <nuclearbob> #link http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/qa/qa-open-bugs.html
17:16:19 <nuclearbob> and a closed bugs report is here:
17:16:25 <nuclearbob> #link http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/qa/qa-closed-bugs.html
17:16:49 <nuclearbob> I'm working on consolidating bug tasks in the report, since they currently appear separately, adding extra lines that don't really provide much more information
17:17:02 <nuclearbob> I don't have an ETA on that, but I'll update everyone when it's ready
17:17:06 <nuclearbob> and that's all for me this week
17:17:16 <phillw> thanks nuclearbob
17:17:39 <phillw> #topic xubuntu
17:17:48 <phillw> charlie-tca: ...
17:17:59 <charlie-tca> Oh
17:18:20 <charlie-tca> Both desktop images and alternate-i386 are oversize for Xubuntu
17:18:32 <charlie-tca> strange quirk I am still verifying...
17:19:16 <charlie-tca> If "Install Xubuntu" is picked from cd menu, the first screen shows languages. Hitting Enter results in the top most language being selected and the rest of the screens are in that language.
17:19:20 <cjwatson> they're oversized for a lot of things
17:19:38 <cjwatson> topmost? odd
17:19:43 <charlie-tca> Will enter a bug for that one after I get it verified
17:19:43 <cjwatson> should be English
17:20:02 <charlie-tca> It defaults to english, but hitting enter instead of clicking the mouse forces the top language instead
17:20:31 <charlie-tca> That's all from here for today...
17:20:32 <charlie-tca> ..
17:20:39 <phillw> thanks
17:20:43 <phillw> #lubuntu
17:20:51 <phillw> #topic lubuntu
17:20:59 <stenten> phillw created the Lubuntu QA team as requested. The team can be found on Launchpad at:
17:21:05 <stenten> #link https://launchpad.net/~lubuntu-qa
17:21:21 <stenten> I think that's it from me at least
17:22:09 <phillw> all seems quiet on the lubuntu front - charlie-tca if you verify your bug, I'll check it with a lubuntu install to see if it across flavours.
17:22:28 <charlie-tca> Okay
17:22:32 <charlie-tca> will let you know
17:23:00 <phillw> #topic any other business
17:23:20 <phillw> Has anyone any further points to raise?
17:23:58 <phillw> #topic next chair
17:24:16 <phillw> does anyone wish to chair the next meeting?
17:25:00 <phillw> I'll leave myself there, until I can confirm with gema that she'll be back next week
17:25:27 <phillw> hopefully with the end of the festivities things will be back to normal
17:25:57 <phillw> thank you to all who attended.
17:26:03 <phillw> #endmeeting