Meeting started by balloons at 17:08:50 UTC. The full logs are available at http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-02-01-17.08.log.html .
- Previous Actions
ACTION: :alourie to feature AutomatedTesting wiki page prominently in wiki, based upon list discussion (balloons, 17:19:45)
- Ubuntu Flavor Updates
- Other topics
Meeting ended at 17:44:22 UTC.
:alourie to feature AutomatedTesting wiki page prominently in wiki, based upon list discussion
People present (lines said)
- balloons (58)
- jibel (12)
- charlie-tca (7)
- astraljava (7)
- gema (5)
- meetingology (4)
- phillw (3)
- ScottK (3)
- highvoltage (3)
- albrigha (1)
- ubottu (1)
17:08:50 <balloons> #startmeeting
17:08:50 <meetingology> Available commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired
17:09:00 <balloons> me and my dashes in commands.. whew
17:09:23 <balloons> ok, it's been quite a week for everyone and I know your busy so I will try and keep this short.
17:09:26 <balloons> [TOPIC] Previous Actions
17:09:57 <balloons> we have 3 outstanding actions.. gema, myself and alourie
17:10:13 <balloons> Let's start with "gema and balloons to provide feedback from mozilla caseconductor meeting"
17:11:03 <balloons> gema, feel free to chome in after myself.. Gema and I met with the case conductor folks on friday.
17:11:10 <gema> will do
17:12:18 <balloons> We talked about the list of requirements we need for case conductor to support our testing. In particular, we noted we are testing groups of applications, not a single application, and in addition we needed to define tests at an application level, but define test runs and cycles at a higher level
17:12:24 <albrigha> I'm present btw.
17:13:08 <balloons> gema, I believe that list of requirements was decided on by the list in dec, correct?
17:13:20 <gema> yes
17:14:05 <balloons> great, so if you haven't seen, go look at the list archives. I'll try and find a link in a min as well
17:14:55 <balloons> The case conductor folks seemed excitied we would be using the product and wanted to make the changes so the tool would be generic enough for others like ourselves to use
17:15:20 <balloons> our other concern was reporting, which they also mentioned they would be beefing up
17:16:12 <balloons> overall I think it went well, and we committed to following up with them to help eliminate the confusion surrounding our requests. It wasn't easy for them to get the concept of so many apps and different flavors of ubuntu
17:17:25 <balloons> In addition, a charm has been created for case conductor, and sometime soon I trust we will have the new version running as a test for everyone to try out
17:17:39 <balloons> Should happen sometime this month 17:17:46 * balloons crosses fingers
17:18:06 <balloons> that's it for me on that.. gema?
17:18:17 <gema> nothing to add, you did a good summary
17:18:27 <balloons> questions?
17:18:46 <balloons> here is the link to the archive thread btw: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-qa/2011-December/001805.html
17:19:10 <balloons> ok, doesn't look like alourie is present, so we will move his action out again
17:19:28 * balloons alourie to feature AutomatedTesting wiki page prominently in wiki, based upon list discussion
17:19:45 <balloons> [ACTION]:alourie to feature AutomatedTesting wiki page prominently in wiki, based upon list discussion
17:19:45 * meetingology :alourie to feature AutomatedTesting wiki page prominently in wiki, based upon list discussion
17:19:53 <gema> balloons: maybe we should talk to alourie and if he cannot progress this action, have someone else modify the wiki
17:19:57 <gema> in the meantime
17:20:35 <balloons> yes, I agree.
17:20:59 <balloons> last action ACTION: balloons to continue test case review and provide updates on progress
17:21:59 <balloons> I can update and say that we got all of the nautilus test cases reviewed and in the wiki.. In addition, more have been written and are awaiting entrance to the wiki. We made some good progress
17:22:54 <balloons> I will note that case conductor will allow us to export our test cases and import them into case conductor when the time comes, so we will not be having to do rework
17:23:07 <balloons> That also came out of speaking with the cc folks
17:24:00 <balloons> ok, let's move on
17:24:23 <balloons> does anyone have anything to add to the agenda? I'll call on you at the end if so
17:25:02 <balloons> ok.. nice and short then
17:25:02 <balloons> [TOPIC] Ubuntu Flavor Updates
17:25:16 <balloons> let's start with kubuntu.. anything to update us on?
17:26:15 <balloons> ScottK?
17:26:29 <ScottK> Nothing I'm aware of.
17:26:37 <balloons> ok, thank you
17:26:40 <ScottK> Darkwing: You got anything?
17:27:48 <ScottK> I guess not.
17:27:50 <balloons> :-).. I know charlie-tca is here.. let's move on to xubuntu.. any updates?
17:28:31 <charlie-tca> hi
17:28:41 <charlie-tca> I am running out of time to get alpha2 images tested
17:28:51 <balloons> yes.. time is flying by this week!
17:29:16 <charlie-tca> I don' t see any real showstoppers, but I don't know if we can get them done in time. Respins are just starting now
17:29:34 <charlie-tca> We are looking good other than that.
17:29:36 <charlie-tca> ..
17:29:49 <balloons> hang tough..
17:30:10 <balloons> astraljava, ubuntu-studio updates? how are you doing on alpha2 images?
17:30:28 <astraljava> We are doing them, but at least for me, they're not looking too hot.
17:30:35 <astraljava> I'm in the process of filing bugs ATM.
17:30:44 <astraljava> We're debating on whether we need a respin or not.
17:31:05 <astraljava> ...cause we're missing lightdm-greeter session handling in -default-settings.
17:31:20 <astraljava> But at least we're getting there.
17:31:20 <astraljava> ..
17:31:45 <balloons> good luck and thanks! better to have found the bugs now before beta
17:31:53 <astraljava> Exactly.
17:31:57 <charlie-tca> +1
17:32:21 <balloons> philw, i believe your around here as wel.. lubuntu updates?
17:32:36 <balloons> I saw the mailing list post.. did you get any feedback on it/
17:32:40 <phillw> we still have an issue with https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lubuntu-meta/+bug/918401
17:32:41 <ubottu> Ubuntu bug 918401 in unity-greeter (Ubuntu) "Unity-greeter installed by default on Lubuntu, crashing on start" [Undecided,Confirmed]
17:33:03 <phillw> no reply for a Mac tester, I'm going to ask on the main forum.
17:33:28 <balloons> phillw, sadly (well happily for me but ) I no longer have a macbook
17:34:15 <phillw> nothing else to report.
17:34:53 <balloons> thanks phillw -- if anyone has access to a mac and a dvd reader on said machine, get in contact with philw.. he needs help testing a lubuntu iso
17:35:07 <balloons> stgraber, highvoltage : how about edubuntu?
17:36:09 <balloons> ok.. moving on to last topic
17:36:17 <highvoltage> balloons: I've been doing ISO tests for edubuntu today, new spins coming up soon
17:36:47 <highvoltage> balloons: last night we had a good UDW session, otherwise all our other stuff is in the ubuntu-release updates
17:37:09 <balloons> highvoltage, great to hear1
17:37:31 <balloons> no breaking issues then?
17:37:39 <highvoltage> nope
17:38:00 <balloons> awesome..
17:38:07 <balloons> ok, now we'll move on
17:38:08 <balloons> [TOPIC] Other topics
17:38:31 <balloons> gema, or jibel could you give a quick update on iso testing?
17:38:37 <balloons> from ubuntu side of the fence
17:39:05 <jibel> hi
17:39:45 <jibel> we are currently testing Precise Alpha2 for those who missed the post to the ML
17:40:00 <jibel> Bugs already found http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/reports/defects/opened
17:40:44 <jibel> all the Ubuntu images are being respun and should be available in the next hours
17:40:51 <jibel> so stay tuned on #ubuntu-testing
17:41:14 <balloons> thank you jibel
17:41:15 <jibel> amd+mac to completely uncovered
17:41:21 <jibel> s/to/is
17:41:41 <jibel> if you have a mac and can test Precise on it that'd be greatly appreciated
17:42:06 <balloons> ohh I see.. http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/206/builds
17:42:06 <jibel> if you don't have a mac you can help with other images as they appear on the tracker.
17:42:38 <jibel> and if you run Windows
17:42:47 <jibel> you can help testing Wubi!
17:43:03 <jibel> ..
17:43:31 <balloons> great, one last call for additional topics?
17:43:37 <balloons> last chance..
17:44:11 <balloons> ok, sounds good. Happy testing to everyone and good luck on alpha 2!
17:44:22 <balloons> #endmeeting