The QA Team has a presence at the (nearly) weekly Release Team meetings (an example) in which it should give a brief status report. These meetings focus on the next upcoming release, so reported items should be tailored to that release.
We'll keep a standing agenda item in the QA Team's weekly meetings to cover these issues.
Items to Report
- serious bugs we've found, not yet on the milestone list
- bugs that need their priority/attention increased
- the state of our testing infrastructure - including blocking bugs for automation, kvm, etc
- these may not be blockers for the release as such, but makes testing difficult
new regressions (of some minimum threshold of importance?) See bugs tagged with regression-potential
- iso/smoke/automated testing results
- basic bug stats relevant to release?
See report template