- 23 years old, Tunisian, living in Tunisia.
- Student in Medical Biotechnologies.
Using exclusively Ubuntu since more than a year. I was running on a DualBoot before that since 2005.
I'm trying to contribute in Ubuntu, even if i'm not in Informatics. My goal is also to spread the slogan : Ubuntu is for everybody on earth, not only for the Informatics professionals.
- Biology, psychology, geography,..
IRC: Rafik on freenode : #ubuntu-tn #ubuntu-locoteams and other channels.
- Translations : I have done some translation in French and Arabic.
- Answers : I'm answering when I can do. It's essentially to questions in Ubuntu. I like when answers give graphical solutions as since I'm not in the informatics field I understand the very beginners.
I'm one of the core members. I lead the team to be approved : When discussing the loco getting of CDs, I knew that the team had to be approved. Since that, I began the work to build the approval application with a first mail on Mai 16, 2008 and a second two days later calling to collect all the informations. During the physical meeting of June 8th 2008, pen in hand, I was asking the presents one by one to finally fill up the approval application and submit it to the LoCoCouncil.
In the team, I'm a person who work on keeping the Ubuntu spirit and guiding the members to the existant ressources about the community.
Some of my contribution in the team :
I designed the logo of the team (It was my very first contribution :), a little one but I'm proud of it )
Coordinator of the Web & Tech Work Group. Mission : Organize the work on the group and insure the harmony between the members.
- Coordinator of the Redaction Work Group: I'm creating the documents and sharing them (using Google Docs mainly) with contributing members. Most of time, I'm doing the work lonely.
Main architect and developer of the Web Site. I recently sent the aplha version to be published. As I worked lonely to the present, I'm looking to found a Web Team to continue the developement and insure the administration of theproject in Launchpad.
IRC Operator at Channels #ubuntu-tn et #ubuntu-tn-meeting. My presence is nearly permanent ( when I'm on my computer at least ) to offer support *whent I can* and essentially to give information about the Ubuntu community, the LoCo team and Ubuntu in Tanisia.
I'm encouraging the Tunisian people, for their arabic identity to be involved in the Ubuntu-Arabic project
Forum Administrator: http://forum.ubuntu-arabic.org/ I'm working on integrating the Drupal theme in vBulletin. Forums will be launched soon.
I pulished much article in relationship with Linux/Ubuntu. The more important are :
"Ubuntu est il fait pour moi" : Linux + DVD Magazine 05/2008 (With this article, I got a one year subscription for free )
"Ubuntu-tn LoCo Team officielle" , Tunis Hebdo . The Ubuntu-tn team approval announcement. I included a presentation of Ubuntu and Ubuntu-tn. On the http://lh6.ggpht.com/alaya.zied/SI792nMpSoI/AAAAAAAAAGU/xnSZ5QPa8nk/s400/tunis_hebdo.JPG, I'm the third on top right.
"Linux Vs Windows le combat continue",Tunis Hebdo. Generalities on Linux vs Windows the a comparaison between HardyHeron and Vista.
I'll be continuing publishing Articles. I have some in stock : * "Le piratage nuit à l'OpenSource et profite à Microsoft" !: Explication du comment ( windows à 1 dinar pourquoi donc oser l'open source, c'est risqué =>les gens deviennent accrocs à windows=> ils vont payer la licence un jour ou l'autre ) + critique légère du piratage en Tunisie.
- Faut il oser le passage de Windows à Linux ? Pour rassurer les lecteurs à l'égard de Linux/Ubuntu.
Comparatif : Micosoft Office et OpenOffice.org : Comparatif pour un usage basique à domicile, dans l'esprit du précédant article windows vs linux
- Qualité des logiciels libres face à leurs équivalant payants: On parlera des bugs, des plugins, de la compatibilité, etc. On parlera aussi, en guise d'exemples, de photoshop vs gimp, premiere vs inkscape, IE vs firefox, ... dans l'environnement Ubuntu évidemment.
- Other articles... Actualities...
- Insure the development and the administration of ubuntu-tn.org and forum.ubuntu-arabic.org
- Continue the work I do now !