Split Testimonials to a separate page. Some updates.
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 3:||Line 3:|
||<tablestyle="float:right; font-size: 0.9em; width:40%; background:#F1F1ED; margin: 0 0 1em 1em;" style="padding:0.5em;">'''Contact Information'''<<BR>><<BR>> - eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org<<BR>> - IRC: RainCT on Freenode, GIMP and OFTC<<BR>> - Jabber: email@example.com||
|||<tablestyle="float:right; font-size: 0.9em; width:40%; background:#F1F1ED; margin: 0 0 1em 1em;" style="padding:0.5em;">'''Contact Information'''<<BR>><<BR>> - eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org<<BR>> - IRC: RainCT on Freenode, GIMPnet and OFTC<<BR>> - Jabber: email@example.com|||
|Line 11:||Line 10:|
|* GNU/Linux user since 2006 (mainly only Ubuntu, but I also installed some other distros).||* GNU/Linux user since 2006 (Ubuntu since 2006, Debian since 2009).|
|Line 14:||Line 13:|
| * [[http://foundation.gnome.org/|GNOME Foundation]] member since December 2009.
* [[http://code.google.com/soc/|Google Summer of Code]] participant during summer 2009.
|Line 22:||Line 23:|
|* Developing [[https://launchpad.net/freevial|Freevial]], [[QtTube|QtTube]], [[https://launchpad.net/p1tr|P1tr]] and [[https://launchpad.net/leonov|Leonov]], amongst others.||* Developing [[http://zeitgeist-project.com|Zeitgeist]], the [[https://launchpad.net/gnome-activity-journal|GNOME Activity Journal]] and contributing to [[http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell|GNOME Shell]]. Used to work on [[https://launchpad.net/freevial|Freevial]], [[QtTube|QtTube]], [[https://launchpad.net/p1tr|P1tr]] and [[https://launchpad.net/leonov|Leonov]], amongst others.|
|Line 24:||Line 25:|
|* Translating websites and programs into Catalan. I recently started contributing to Ubuntu's [[https://edge.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-ca|Catalan Translators Team]].||* Occasional translation of software and websites into Catalan. Member of Ubuntu's [[https://edge.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-ca|Catalan Translators Team]].|
|Line 45:||Line 46:|
|Beside those, I've also done lots of work on the [[CatalanTeam]] pages and minor editions which I can't remember on many pages.||Beside those, I've also done work on several [[CatalanTeam]] pages and minor editions on many other pages.|
|Line 48:||Line 49:|
|== Testimonials ==
* Siegfried is a very active contributor to the Catalan Ubuntu community, to the degree that he co-developed a free Trivial clone so we could enjoy it at the Ubuntu Gutsy presentation party -- Tsdgeos
* Despite his young age, RainCT has been contributing to the CatalanTeam from the beginning: programming the team's IRC bot for #ubuntu-cat, helping the Catalan community through our mailing lists and IRC channel, reporting bugs, updating the team's wiki pages, etc. He's indeed one of the most active members of the CatalanTeam. -- AlexMuntada <<DateTime(2007-10-25T07:26:35Z)>>
* Siegfried is a very young but resourceful man, extremely active in our LoCo CatalanTeam. He was among the first people on IRC at #ubuntu-cat and one of the most collaborative people there. Also, he answer everything he can on our mailing list, does not miss a single release or install party and is a pretty good Ubuntu evangelist. I was shocked when he told me his intentions to become a MOTU, but he has already started to package.-- RafaelCarreras (Catalan LoCo Team Contact) <<DateTime(2007-10-25T14:39:40Z)>>
* I've worked with Siegfried in the creation of the python game Freevial for the community parties. I've worked with a lot of development teams and I know it's hard to find people with so much knowledge and energy (some times too strict for his age). He can be one of the greatest developers if he finds his space to run. -- CarlesOriol <<DateTime(2007-10-25T19:28:00Z)>>
* Siegfried has great skills, a lot of energy that uses to spread his efforts in most of the LoCo's activities. He is young, but his youth its not a burden for him at all. He is clever and clear-sighted. I'm sure he'll do a very good job as a Ubuntu member. -- JosepSànchez <<DateTime(2007-10-25T20:49:00Z)>>
* The enthusiasm and energy of RainCT are out of doubt. He is one of the most active members of the CatalanTeam and he has put a lot of time and effort into IRC and mailing lists helping many new (and not so new) Ubuntu users. I am sure he will do his best for Ubuntu for a long time. IvàBurgos <<DateTime>>
* I subscribe every opinion above about Siegfried, but I want to emphasize his self-confidence, a quality that impressed me very much given his youngness. I agree with Carles that Siegfried will add great value to the Ubuntu Community, if accepted. -- OrestesMas <<DateTime(2007-11-01T23:19:17Z)>>
* RainCT is a very patient person, and not only is a whirl at maintaining packages, but is a very good teacher on how to maintain packages. Ubuntu needs more people like Siegfried. -- PaulBartell <<DateTime(2007-11-28T06:43:28Z)>>
* Siegfried has done an extraordinary job making gbrainy packages for Debian and Ubuntu distributions. He also has been very proactive reporting bug fixes, enhancements and ideas. -- JordiMas, gbrainy main developer. <<DateTime(2007-11-28T15:58:33Z)>>
* I support all opinions above. Siegfried is actually one of the most passionated and talented people within our community. No doubt, he will help a lot Ubuntu project as a whole, as he has been greatly contributing to the Catalan Community. -- toniher, <<DateTime(2007-11-29T15:00:13Z)>>
* Siegfried has been of great assistance with packaging efforts, and is to be especially commended for his tendency to get patches applied upstream directly, rather than increasing the Ubuntu variance. Further, his contributions to the development tools have been significant, increasing productivity for all developers. -- [[EmmetHikory|Emmet Hikory]] <<DateTime(2007-11-29T14:52:33Z)>>
* Siegfried has introduced free speech recognition in Ubuntu by packaging Julius and compiling the VoxForge acoustic model as julius-voxforge - Thanks! -- Dann
* Siegfried's dedication to Ubuntu on other OSS is very impressive. His coding is clean and flawless. In very short time he has proven himself worthy Co-maintainership of the GNOME Zeitgeist project despite his young age -- [[SeifLotfy|Seif Lotfy]]
- Name: Siegfried-Angel Gevatter Pujals (aka RainCT)
Born 1991 in Germany, living in Catalonia since 2000.
- Languages: Catalan, Spanish, English and German.
- GNU/Linux user since 2006 (Ubuntu since 2006, Debian since 2009).
GNOME Foundation member since December 2009.
Google Summer of Code participant during summer 2009.
Ubuntu Developer and Debian Contributor.
Active member of Ubuntu's Catalan LoCo Team.
- REVU Hacker and Administrator (and REVU Coordinator for the first months of the Jaunty cycle).
Occasional translation of software and websites into Catalan. Member of Ubuntu's Catalan Translators Team.
I'm also looking into C and C++ since some time and am starting to get some stuff done (like Python bindings for a C/C++ library :)), but high-level languages are not my priority so I'm only slowly getting the hang out of them. Of course, I I also use Bash and I've looked a little bit into Perl and Lisp (but already forgot almost everything about those two by now).
Below is a list of packaging related wiki pages that I've written:
Beside those, I've also done work on several CatalanTeam pages and minor editions on many other pages.
|/BugWork /Contributions /Header /MembershipSpeech /Testimonials /Translations|