Table of Contents
We’re preparing Kubuntu 12.10, the Quantal Quetzal, for distribution in October 2012. With this early Alpha pre-release, you can see what we are trying out in preparation for our next version. We have some interesting things happening, so read on for highlights and information.
NOTE: This is an alpha pre-release. Kubuntu Pre-releases are NOT recommended for:
- Regular users who are not aware of pre-release issues
- Anyone who needs a stable system
- Anyone uncomfortable running a possibly frequently broken system
- Anyone in a production environment with data or workflows that need to be reliable
Kubuntu Pre-releases ARE recommended for:
- Regular users who want to help us test by finding, reporting, and/or fixing bugs
- Kubuntu developers
Getting Kubuntu 12.10
Download a Disk Image
Instructions for burning the image to a DVD or USB flash drive can be found on the Burning ISO Howto.
Alpha 2 Highlights
Plasma and Applications 4.9 Beta
Amarok 2.6.Beta 1
The http://amarok.kde.org/en/releases/2.6/beta/ of the famous music player brings new and improved features, including:
- Revamped iPod and iPhone support
- Transcoding support for media devices
http://archive.org/details/free-music-charts are now enabled by default
New For Testing
We are testing out some different default software selections. Please help us test them to help determine if these choices are worthy of inclusion or not.
We want to hear your opinions on this beta.
Do we “Amarok”?
- Did a feature make or break your day?
- What do you flat-out dislike?
Take a look at the Ubuntu Code of Conduct, try Kubuntu 12.04 Beta 1 and head on over to the Feedback Page. Your input is an invaluable resource, so do take the time to write down your thoughts and let us know what you think!