- scottwbarber AT gmail DOT com (for email and google talk)
Launchpad account: https://launchpad.net/~scottwbarber/
Forum Profile: http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=265891
- tapH20guru on IRC
- I'm an ubunutero and looking to become an official Ubuntu Member
- I try and help out the most on IRC and Wiki contributions.
Ubuntu convert around the time hoary came out thanks to Tristanbob
Past Local LUG President (http://www.oalug.com) for a couple years
Blog at http://scott.barberfam.com
- Linux Sysadmin and Ruby / Rails developer
- Between work and home I personally run Ubuntu on 12 machines. Either 6.06 LTS and Feisty
- Become a MOTU and start helping maintain the ruby / rubygems / rails packages
- Work on making customizable / derivative distro Ubuntu LiveCDs / Install CDs (Asterisk and Ruby / Rails in particular)
- Keep writing more HOWTOs and help to improve community documentation.
- Senior Linux Systems Administrator for my day job
- Previously a Web Developer using PHP, now prefer Ruby/RubyOnRails
I also run a consulting business doing Linux admin / Rails development (http://release3.com)
Love my Sipura 3000 and TrixBox (too bad it's not based on Ubuntu)
and worked on...
Will be adding the following shortly:
IPCOP with OpenVPN and Fiesty’s Network Manager HOWTO: http://scott.barberfam.com/wp/2007/05/10/ipcop-with-openvpn-and-fiestys-network-manager/
Treo 650 USB Modem on Ubuntu Feisty (Sprint) http://scott.barberfam.com/wp/2007/04/25/treo-650-usb-modem-on-ubuntu-feisty-sprint/
Ubuntu Edgy (and Dapper) DUN Treo 650 w/Sprint over bluetooth http://scott.barberfam.com/wp/2006/11/30/ubuntu-edgy-dapper-dun-treo-650-wsprint/
I keep a stack of the latest live CDs on me and give them out to friends and family. My personal tally so far:
- 6.06 LTS: 15
- Edgy: 18
- Feisty: 10 (and counting)
Encourage the installation and support the use of Ubuntu at work.
- Created and maintain 3 VM images for internal testing use.
- Maintain internal wiki documentation on ubuntu installation and use in our corporate environment including:
- Connecting Evolution to our exchange server with LDAP addressbook settings
- Connecting to the Juniper VPN