← Revision 11 as of 2008-10-12 17:43:10
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 62:||Line 62:|
|* Evolution||* Evolution (python plugins possible : http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/evolution/trunk/plugins/python/example/)|
|Line 68:||Line 68:|
|* Add system-wide theme installation (WIP)||* Add system-wide theme installation (https://bugs.launchpad.net/awn/+bug/176923)|
Launchpad Entry: awn-integration
Contributors: Julien Lavergne
Packages affected: avant-window-navigator, awn-extras-applets, human-icon-theme, evolution, firefox
Provide a better integration of avant-window-navigator (Awn) on Ubuntu, by installing plugins, theme and configure options to match Ubuntu default installation. Correct others package affecting the use of Awn (like icons themes).
The user will have a better "out-of-the-box" installation of Awn on a default installation of Ubuntu. This include :
- Plugins which interact with the bar like changing the icon of Rhythmbox by the cover art, counting the number of unread mails etc ...
- Default installation including some launchers for default application, basic applets ...
- Svg icons for all default application because it's needed to display a nice icon on the bar.
Awn have great possibilities to integrate nicely with GNOME desktop, but it's now not enable after the default installation. This could a better experience for users if some customization was done "out-of-the-box".
Neil have many cover art for his music and would like to see them on his Awn bar.
There is 3 main parts :
Ubuntu Awn packaging
Action on the avant-window-navigator and awn-extras-applets package on Ubuntu.
- Provide a custom configuration to match Ubuntu default installation
Other Ubuntu packaging (or Upstream)
Action on others package of Ubuntu.
Provide all svg icons for default applications & applets : submit bug to human-icon-theme
- application-exit (for Quit applet)
- Submit plugins upstream and/or in Ubuntu packages
- Create new plugins and submit them upstream and/or in Ubuntu packages
Evolution (python plugins possible : http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/evolution/trunk/plugins/python/example/)
Action on upstream to add feature for the bar.
Add system-wide theme installation (https://bugs.launchpad.net/awn/+bug/176923)
- Fix Dbus (menu stuff for plugins not work very well)
- Add support for packagekit in libawn
- Add support for Universal Applets (need some work on the Universal Applets part)
Most of these modifications can be tested one by one.
Which version of awn ? Actual state (22/08/2008):
- 0.2.6 stable with less features
- trunk some testing done, some nice features (expand bar, change icons for applets, frame rate, alpha icon, detach (?) ...)
- 0.4 rewrite : some great improvement but still in developpement (and no ETA)