added CategoryMarketing tag
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 95:||Line 95:|
EDIT: Forgot the addresses lol.
englishlurver @ yahoo.co.uk
kleen @ kleendesigns.co.uk - Both without spaces!
Below are the current proposals for the SpreadUbuntu.org website only. Nothing is fixed. If you wish to help out on the SpreadUbuntu.org team, we would be most glad to have you onboard. E-Mail me if you can help with the following things:
- Web Design/Developing
- Marketing on the web
E-Mail address is: englishlurver @ yahoo.co.uk without the spaces.
- Raise awareness of Ubuntu/Linux as a viable option for an Operating System.
- Guide the user through the thought process of choosing whether or not to use Ubuntu.
- Provide clear information on the benefits of Ubuntu, and Linux in general.
- Provide the website in a informal manner to maximise the "personal" feeling.
== Ubuntu's ways of working ==
- Fresh / New / Exciting
How to incorporate and show them within SpreadUbuntu.org
- Make the website easy to navigate/use.
- Use a unique design to enforce the "Fresh / New / Exciting" feeling.
- Help the user use the website using clear help links.
SpreadUbuntu.org will be a vehicle to help promote Ubuntu, providing an easy-to-use resource for those thinking of making the switch. It will be comprehensive, clear and truthful. It will show the ethics, objectives and ideas relating to Ubuntu in an informal manner.
Inward Transfer - for integration if useful
Create a series of internet ads Banners, Sidebars, Logos and Badges. These will be timed for the release of Dapper in April 2006. These should be simple, but yet have little catchy phrases or quotes praising Dapper
Why wait for Dapper for this? If we could get a small-ish button designed now (Generic Ubuntu) that linked back to the homepage, Forum members could put it on their Blogs, Websites, Emails, etc. Let's take advantage of the relative "Freshness" of Ubuntu.
I was just thinking that we could make a big push for Dapper, but if someone wants to make the generic badges I'm sure we can move that project forward.
It's a good idea to do both. Having Dapper Duck specific art. As well as adding to the current WebsiteButtons for Ubuntu in general.
Wow! That's what I was talking about. Thanks DJ! Can we make them more known on the forum, and get people to display them everywhere! I'll make sure I put them on my sites.
I think this should be part of the SpreadUbuntu Project - use the Art Liason Officer. Get in the team - lots of members. _But_, please strongly consider these points:
- 1. Can we possibly foucus on people who don't know what Linux is? (_New_user_ = larger target market)
- 1a. Eg. the alternative to Windows?
- 2. Yeah, I know the first point is hard in like 2 or 3 words - sux but it's the clever bit
- 3. Can we get these (new buttons for new users) on _any_ sites we, as individuals are affiliated with?
- 4. Point 3 can only be effected to _all_ websites if point 1 is true.
- 5. Roger the emails (other peoples?) / sites / blogs - but can we talk to ISP's that provide ad-supported hosting to get these up for use for free?)
- 6. Domain registrars with domain 'parking pages'
7. Should the _actual_ design idea be offered to the art team first...? At least we could get their blessing - trying to locate ! MattHarwood ! lol
Note: If anyone knows what Breezy or Dapper is - they've probably used Ubuntu...? You feelin' me? There are 6 billion people -45,000 that probably haven't..
Everyone in agreement that this is part of the SpreadUbuntu Project? 'Marketing on the Web'. Perhaps we should all get on that team? eh?
If so, Mike can you interface with him and let him collect this data. Perhaps anyone passionate could get behind him on this, pls, pretty pls? lol
Did anyone contact Jan about the spreadubuntu.org domain? Right now it just redirects to my site placeholder.
-- Matt Harwood
Thanks for the input, everyone! I will get in contact with Jan about the domain. These are all great ideas, I will have a chat with the art team also.
And Charles, yup it's Marketing on the web As soon as we get a team together, we can rock the party.
If anyone wants to join the team, use either of these two email address. Your contributions will be very well received, and any help or input at all is very much appreciated.
EDIT: Forgot the addresses lol.
englishlurver @ yahoo.co.uk kleen @ kleendesigns.co.uk - Both without spaces!