I am evaluating the rteval test to see whether it is a useful tool for us.
In the current form, it is not packaged, and depends upon a library which is not packaged. These instructions only work for Natty and later.
In order to install and run it on Ubuntu (Oneiric), these are the steps:
- Install the required packages:
- sudo apt-get install python-ethtool python-libxslt1 python-dmidecode rt-tests
- Install python-schedutils from source:
- tar jxvf python-schedutils-0.3.tar.bz2
- cd python-schedutils-0.3
- sudo python setup.py install
- cd ..
- Fetch and install rteval:
- git clone git://github.com/sconklin/rteval.git
- cd rteval/loadsource
- cd ..
- sudo make install
- Run rteval (for 6 minutes duration):
- sudo python /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rteval/rteval.py -d360.0