Summit System Assessment
Current System Assessment
- Conflicts with multiple people scheduling - seven people scheduling can cause conflicts.
- Blueprints should not be used to schedule sessions - blueprints are for specs not sessions, and don't apply to roundtables and private sessions.
- Schedule session button:
- A field for "crew" and "videographer"
- So we can use the system to schedule crew with the conflict resolution.
- The role is then integrated into the person's personal view so it's on their schedule.
- Design review
- Input from the design team as Mark has ideas on what he wants the schedule to look like design-wise
- Needs to look as professional as our main website, since partners and upstreams come to UDS.
- "Big screen friendly"
When on display at UDS we need to have a clock on the schedule that won't scroll off so people can see where we are in the schedule. A Marcus Baines Line would be great.
- Ensure the page elements show up even on scroll, list of rooms, time slots, etc.
- iCal Support
- Needed so we can have the IRC bot announce sessions in the channel
- So people can use their phones for the schedule.
- Auto-generate the time slots.
- We run a SQL query to generate blank slots to drop sessions in, this is annoying, and making them by hand is time consuming.
Bugs we need fixed
- Performance review - ISD added memcached support which improved the performance considerably. We need to find a way to generate the schedule without hammering launchpad over and over.
- Archive old UDS schedules.