|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|Line 10:||Line 8:|
|= Vidya Ayer =||= Vid Ayer =|
|Line 12:||Line 10:|
|Hails from India and is an Ubuntu user since Warty. She currently volunteers for [http://www.ubuntu.com Ubuntu], [http://www.ubuntu-women.org Ubuntu-Women], [http://www.linuxchix.org Linuxchix], [http://women.alioth.debian.org/ Debian-Women], [http://women.kde.org/ KDE-Women] and [http://dmoz.org/ DMOZ].||Hails from India and is an Ubuntu volunteer since Warty. She currently volunteers for [http://www.ubuntu.com Ubuntu], [http://www.ubuntu-women.org Ubuntu-Women], [http://women.alioth.debian.org/ Debian-Women], [http://women.kde.org/ KDE-Women] and [http://www.linuxchix.org Linuxchix] and [http://www.linuxchix.org,in IndiChix]- the Indian chapter.|
|Line 30:||Line 28:|
|* Admins the [http://linuxchix.org/mailman/listinfo/indichix Indichix] (Indian) list.|
|Line 35:||Line 33:|
== DMOZ.org ==
* [http://dmoz.org/profiles/svaksha.html Editor] at [http://dmoz.org/ Dmoz], [http://musicmoz.org/ MusicMoz] since 2003. [[BR]] Currently restricted to anything related to [http://dmoz.org/Computers/Software/Operating_Systems/Linux/Distributions/Debian/Flavours/Ubuntu/ Ubuntu], [http://dmoz.org/Computers/Open_Source/Software/Music_and_Audio/Libre Libre software for music and audio], and [http://dmoz.org/Science/Social_Sciences/Linguistics/Languages/Natural/Indo-European/Indo-Iranian/Indo-Aryan/Sanskrit/ Sanskrit].
|Line 54:||Line 47:|
|Line 67:||Line 62:|
| 1. Bugs reported
* [https://launchpad.net/products/launchpad/+bug/1545 1545]
* [https://launchpad.net/products/launchpad/+bug/1558 1558]
* [https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/launchpad-integration/+bug/3445 3445]
* [https://launchpad.net/products/malone/+bug/37447 37447]
* [https://launchpad.net/products/launchpad/+bug/37880 37880]
* Cant remember the numbers for the other bugs filed.
2. Bugs triaged
* [https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+bug/3419 bug_3419]
* [https://launchpad.net/products/rosetta/+bug/3228 bug_3228]
* [https://launchpad.net/products/rosetta/+bug/3163 bug_3163]
* [https://launchpad.net/products/malone/+bug/3385 bug_3385]
|Line 87:||Line 64:|
नमस्ते ... स्वाागतम्
Hello and Welcome
Hails from India and is an Ubuntu volunteer since Warty. She currently volunteers for [http://www.ubuntu.com Ubuntu], [http://www.ubuntu-women.org Ubuntu-Women], [http://women.alioth.debian.org/ Debian-Women], [http://women.kde.org/ KDE-Women] and [http://www.linuxchix.org Linuxchix] and [http://www.linuxchix.org,in IndiChix]- the Indian chapter.
IRC : svaksha @irc.freenode.net
Email : svaksha # gmail.com
[https://launchpad.net/people/svaksha Launchpad Profile]
[http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/VidAyer Ubuntu-Women wikipage]
Blog : [http://www.svaksha.com svaksha.com]
FOSS & Ubuntu Volunteer Experience
Admins the [http://linuxchix.org/mailman/listinfo/newchix Newchix] and [http://linuxchix.org/mailman/listinfo/jobposts Job-posts] mailing lists for [http://www.linuxchix.org LinuxChix], an online community for women "using" Linux.
Admins the [http://linuxchix.org/mailman/listinfo/indichix Indichix] (Indian) list.
Admins the [https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-women KDE-Women mailing list].
Designed, created, wrote and implemented the contents for static and wiki pages for the new website while migrating from the [https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWomen old wiki page].
Maintains the website and admins the [https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-women UW mailing list].
Co-ordinates the [http://www.ubuntu-women.org/mentoring.html mentoring] project with [http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/ElizabethKrumbach Elizabeth Krumbach] and guides new users on how to contribute to Ubuntu. Also wrote the [http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/MentoringFAQ Mentoring FAQ], IRC guidelines, and many other [http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/FrontPage U-W Wiki] pages.
- Hopes to stock the Fridge with news, articles, and other bytes flowing in from the Ubuntu community.
- Plans to synchronise news with grassroots marketing, events, advocacy, team collaboration, and other sound bytes.
- Squashes bugs on Malone and Ubuntu-bugzilla.
- Active on the list and assists Marketing team members in planning and when required.
UbuntuMagazine : Created a [https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+spec/milestones Milestones specification] for the Ubuntu Magazine which may now be frozen with the Fridge.
Sanskrit Translators [https://launchpad.net/people/ubuntu-l10n-sa Launchpad]
Co-wrote a [http://lists.debian.org/debian-glibc/2005/10/msg00008.html Sanskrit (SA) language locale] with Christian Perrier (bubulle), which awaits inclusion in the Debian package : belocs-locales-data and also in package: locales (version: 2.3.5-6).
Translates for the Sanskrit localisation of packages in Ubuntu. Plans to increase volunteer translators for Sanskrit, a classical Indian language. Main impediments are its classical roots, lack of regular usage. Low, almost zero commercial value has also contributed to the low interest and is considered a dead language by many people.
- Various contributions in different Wiki's, community groups/teams and Ubuntu mailing lists.
- Time-permitting, hopes to pitch in with tasks and be useful to the Motu's by trying to learn about packaging, testing, other technical details about Ubuntu, its relation with Debian and how they work in tandem.
- Advocates Ubuntu awareness whenever possible by distributing surplus Hoary, Breezy and Dapper CD's to many people locally and found students using it more than engineers in the IT industry.
Ubuntu-IN Loco Team
[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IndianTeam Ubuntu-IN] : Wrote the [https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IndianTeam?action=recall&rev=2 initial drafts] for the Indian Loco team.
Was involved with the [http://people.ubuntu.com/%7Efabbione/irclogs/archived/2006-03/ubuntu-meeting-2006-03-07.html setting up] of the Ubuntu-IN Loco team
Was the mailing [https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-in/2006-March/000000.html list admin] for a short while.
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BasicCommands (now a part of Ubuntu documentation)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWomen (has moved to new site)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWomen/Mentors (moved to new site)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWomen/Ideas (moved to new site)
[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue9 Ubuntu Weekly News issue #9] : Here is the [https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue9?action=diff&rev2=4&rev1=2 original paragraph contributed] for the MOTU School article.