Hello and Welcome!
I am Vidya Ayer from India, an Ubuntu user and active volunteer in [http://www.ubuntu.com Ubuntu], [http://www.ubuntu-women.org Ubuntu-Women], [http://www.linuxchix.org Linuxchix], [http://women.alioth.debian.org/ Debian-Women] and [http://dmoz.org/ DMOZ].
IRC : svaksha @irc.freenode.net
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
[https://launchpad.net/people/svaksha Launchpad Profile]
[http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/svaksha UW wikipage]
FOSS & Ubuntu Volunteer Experience
Admin the [http://linuxchix.org/mailman/listinfo/newchix Newchix] and [http://linuxchix.org/mailman/listinfo/jobposts Job-posts] mailing lists for [http://www.linuxchix.org LinuxChix], an online community for women "using" Linux.
Currently restricted to anything related to [http://dmoz.org/Computers/Software/Operating_Systems/Linux/Distributions/Debian/Flavours/Ubuntu/ Ubuntu], [http://dmoz.org/Computers/Open_Source/Software/Music_and_Audio/Libre Libre software for music and audio], and [http://dmoz.org/Science/Social_Sciences/Linguistics/Languages/Natural/Indo-European/Indo-Iranian/Indo-Aryan/Sanskrit/ Sanskrit].
Ubuntu-Women - [https://launchpad.net/people/ubuntu-women Launchpad]
Maintain the website and admin the [https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-women UW mailing list].
- Mentor women and guide new users on how to contribute to Ubuntu.
- Squash bugs on Malone and Ubuntu-bugzilla.
- Bugs reported
- Cant remember the numbers for the other bugs filed.
- Bugs triaged
Ubuntu Marketing Team
[https://launchpad.net/people/ubuntu-marketing/ Marketing] : Created a [https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+spec/milestones Milestones specification] for the Ubuntu Abanta(?) Magazine.
- Assisting Ubuntu Marketing team members, and other community groups and teams when needed.
Sanskrit Translators [https://launchpad.net/people/ubuntu-l10n-sa Launchpad]
Co-wrote a [http://lists.debian.org/debian-glibc/2005/10/msg00008.html Sanskrit (SA) language locale] with Christian Perrier (bubulle), which awaits inclusion in the Debian package : belocs-locales-data and also in package: locales (version: 2.3.5-6).
Translate for the Sanskrit localisation of packages in Ubuntu. Plan to increase volunteer translators for Sanskrit, a classical Indian language. Main impediments are its classical roots, lack of daily usage, with zero commercial value resulting in low interest as its practically considered a dead language by many people.
Ubuntu-IN Loco Team
[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IndianTeam Ubuntu-IN] : Wrote the [https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IndianTeam?action=recall&rev=2 initial drafts] for the Indian Loco team.
Was involved with the [http://people.ubuntu.com/%7Efabbione/irclogs/archived/2006-03/ubuntu-meeting-2006-03-07.html setting up] of the Ubuntu-IN Loco team
Was the mailing [https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-in/2006-March/000000.html list admin] for a short while.
- Various contributions in different Wiki's and Ubuntu mailing lists.
- Advocate Ubuntu awareness whenever possible and have distributed my surplus Hoary, Breezy and Dapper CD's to many people locally and am happy to note that mostly students used it more than engineers.
- Am trying to learn about packaging, testing and learning other technical details about Ubuntu and its relation with Debian and how they work in tandem.