December 2014 Team Reports
If your team is not making team reports, see these guidelines for how to do so.
- Meeting 2014-12-04
- Open discussion on community governance, concerns and proposals
- Meeting 2014-12-18
- Translations team catch up
- Open ubuntu-community-team threads
Developer Membership Board
- #ubuntu-meeting, DMB, 1st December at 19:00 UTC
- Chair: bdmurray
- Present: ScottK, stgraber, bdrung, rbasak
Core Dev application: Robie Basak (rbasak)
Vote: granting rbasak Core Developer status (Carried)
- Motion carried (For/Against/Abstained 5/0/0) * Voters stgraber, bdmurray, ScottK, bdrung, Laney (email)
ACTION: bdmurray to add rbasak to core-dev team (done)
An update from the Forums Council for December 2014
* Created a new staff group of Super Moderators to facilitate mentoring of future FC candidates.
* No new Ubuntu Member applications this month.
Ubuntu Development Teams
- Team Meetings
- Team Updates
- Lots of positive social media response to both the Xfce surveys and call for testing of Intelligent Panel
- Not much in the way of image testing currently
jjfrv8 finished the power manager docs I started abd then postponed, and they're already online -> http://docs.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-power-manager/1.4/start
- package testing slow - as expected, given we've pulled that back now
- QA and dev/ochosi calling for testing on staging
- jjfrv8 has been patiently checking through testcases for reporting issues
Started planning a Xubuntu QA global jam for the California LoCo on Sunday February 8th, local marketing/qa?
- Thanks to Unit193 we'll have a panel in our ubiquity install session that exposes important indicators (network, sound, a11y)
- ochosi tested bluez5 (as that is supposedly an upcoming transition) and things seemed to work just fine (bluetooth keyboard)
- Unit193 and bluesabre are also working towards resolving the black background in our ubiquity install session
- gtk3.14 is still stuck, #ubuntu-desktop folks (mostly larsu) are still working on the transition
- Team vote, carried: Based on the feedback from the community, should we stick to our decision of not installing XChat by default anymore?
Ubuntu LoCo Teams
- December 14th: Call for a place to make next vivid release party.
- December 19th: two team members receive an invitation for the Ubuntu phone release in London in February
German Kubuntu Team
- We held "Ubuntu 14.10 release and 10th anniversary party". About 60 people attended.
- Software Design
Ubuntu Monthly Report: http://gihyo.jp/magazine/SD/archive/2015/201501
- Ubuntu Weekly Topcis
- Ubuntu Weekly Recipe
- Software Design
* Ubuntu hour - lectures for beginners were held in Belgrade haklab, every Tuesday.
* On Monday, 01st 2014 12:00 - 18:00 UTC Ubuntu support party for HIV positive persons were held in Belgrade haklab. Gathering and sharing knowledge and talk about safety at all levels in life.
* On Friday, 19th Dec. 2014 12:00 - 18:00 UTC Be Ubuntu party was held in Belgrade haklab.
* On Saturday 6th, 13th, 20th and 27th December Administration team meeting was held.
* On Wednesday 31st Ubuntu New Year Eve. Happy holidays.
South African Ubuntu team
Ubuntu Tunisian LoCo Team
- ESSTHSi 14.12 - Ubuntu-tn Event at ECOLE SUPERIEURE DES SCIENCES ET DE TECHNOLOGIE DE HAMMAM SOUSSE
Ubuntu United Kingdom LoCo Team
United States Teams
US Teams Project
Ubuntu Chicago LoCo Team
District of Columbia Team
Florida LoCo Team
New York State Team
Ubuntu North Carolina LoCo Team
Ubuntu Venezuela Team
Additional Ubuntu Teams
Ubuntu Accessibility Team
Ubuntu Classroom Team
Ubuntu NGO Team