January 2012 Team Reports
If your team is not making team reports, see these guidelines for how to do so.
Americas Regional Membership Board
- Results from the January 19th 2012 Americas Membership Board meeting
Asia Oceania Regional Membership Board
The results from the 10th of January Asia Oceania Membership meeting are as follows:
Meeting 19 January 2012 - 1700 UTC (log)
- Discussed closing of the mailing lists after receiving feedback
- czajkowski to file RT ticket to close them
- Met with Riddell, ScottK, and Darkwing from the Kubuntu Council
- Collaboration seems to be going well, including joint efforts on QT
- Discussed closing of the mailing lists after receiving feedback
Meeting 05 January 2012 - 1700 UTC (log)
- Decided to contact mailing list owners for email lists proposed for deletion to see if they are active/used mailin glists, move forward with deleting in 2 weeks if not
- Met with Joeb454 to discuss Forums Council
- Council would like to be a little more aware of what responsibilities they have
- Forum upgrade process is ongoing, working with Canonical IS but struggling with authentication strategy (some legacy users who do not use any kind of OpenID)
- Joeb454 to mail czajkowski with RT numbers of outstanding issues
Contacted list owners of 23 lists proposed for deletion (details)
Developer Membership Board
Developer Membership Board meeting, 2012-01-02
Chair: Cody Somerville
Present: Benjamin Drung, Iain Lane, Micah Gersten, Michael Bienia, Stefano Rivera
Review of previous action items
1. cody-somerville to write some documentation on how to endorse someone.
2. stgraber to create desktop-extra set
3. bdrung to talk to the TB about harmonising DMB members' expiration dates for easier restaffing
MOTU Application: Mahyuddin Susanto
The application was discussed and voted on; For: 4 Against: 0 Abstained: 1
Ubuntu Core Developer Application: Evan Broder
The application was discussed and voted on; For: 6 Against: 0 Abstained: 0
EMEA Regional Membership Board
An update from the Forums Council for January of 2012
- New FC members. We had some turn over of the FC and thank the outbound members for their dedication and service and thank the incoming for their willingness to volunteer.
- Forms upgrade - The community would like to see a SSO for the forums and has formed a group of developers to work on a plugin for vBulletin.
- Hardware vendors requesting a sub forums were directed to establish a working relationship with Canonical first.
- The FC is reviewing ways we , the forums staff, can contribute Ubuntu Community Building, both with community interaction on and outside of the forums.
- We approved new Ubuntu Membership Applications - congratulations to all.
The IRC Council staff changed to AlanBell, Pici, Topyli, funkyHat
A meeting was held on 14th January
AlanBell will chair the council
- A call for ops was issued for the #lubuntu channel
- bugs were reviewed
- The Floodbot code has been put on Launchpad as part of a managed process to make it more open
A meeting was held on 29th January
- The new operators for #lubuntu were welcomed
- A request from the ubuntuusers.de to register their namespace with Freenode was considered and agreed
- Meeting 2012-01-09
- Chair: Matt Zimmerman
- Attendees: Kees Cook, Stephane Graber, Colin Watson, Soren Hansen, Martin Pitt
- Guests: Pasi Lallinaho, Scott Kitterman, Jonathan Riddell, Micah Gersten, et al
- Action review:
- pitti: document brainstorm review activity → Done
- kees: perform brainstorm review → carried over
- Xubuntu LTS application
- Approved by vote
ARB: Allow for files outside of /opt/extras.ubuntu.com/<source>/ as long as they are prefixed by "extras-<source>_".
- Kubuntu LTS application
- Edubuntu LTS Application
- Approved, modulo further discussion of calibre, VNC, possibly others
Ubuntu Development Teams
Ubuntu LoCo Teams
January Team Meeting - This meeting was held on the 9th January 2012 and attended by 7 team members.
We discussed the upcoming GlobalJam which is on on 2nd-4th of March.
jaddi27 to create jam-ideas wiki page.
Ubuntu-AU'ers held an installfest in Brisbane at the Square Library. While it ended up being more of a social event, there was talk of holding more release parties and Ubuntu social events throughout the year.
January 29th : Ubuntu booth in a local fair in Aalst
- January 1st: irc meeting about 5 Precise Pangolin release party organization candidatures.
- January 16th: irc meeting for choosing the place and organization for next release party, Nicolau Copèrnic Institute in Terrassa.
German Kubuntu Team
- Report of January 2012
- 2st Translation IRC meeting for Ubuntu 12.04.
The Hungarian translation of the Full Circle Magazine Issue 53 has been released: http://ubuntu.hu/node/28600
The Hungarian translation of the Full Circle Magazine Issue 54 has been released: http://ubuntu.hu/node/28882
We had our monthly IRC meeting on the first Thursday of the month as usual: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HungarianTeam/IRCMeetings
We regularly updated our loco site with the latest news: http://ubuntu.hu
- We did various translation-related tasks
Our first Ubuntu Hour of 2012 was held in Dublin on Saturday 7th of January, 2012. Details here.
South African Ubuntu team
Please add your event details for January:
Mon, Jan 16: Monthly IRC Meet -- Meeting Agenda
Due to inactivity no LoCo meetings took place this month.
- Project "Svenska videoguider" (Swedish Screencasts) continued their work.
Ubuntu Tunisian LoCo Team
Organization of a physical meeting 12.01 at hackerspace
- Ubuntu flash coffee
- Meeting open source communities
Ubuntu United Kingdom LoCo Team
Describe UKTeam/TeamReports/12/January here.
United States Teams
US Teams Project
- Team Meetings
- Ubuntu Hours
Ubuntu Chicago LoCo Team
District of Columbia Team
Florida LoCo Team
Please update with team activity from 12/January here.
New York State Team
- State Wide IRC Meeting on Tuesday, 31 Jan. 2012 at 21:00 UTC
- Erlang, Bash Scripting and R on Thursday, 19 Jan. 2012 at 19:00 EST
- Hands on Linux Lab on Saturday, 21 Jan. 2012 at 12:00 EST
- 2012 Team Survey Sent Out
Ubuntu North Carolina LoCo Team
- Salem Ubuntu Hour for 1/6/12
- January IRC Meeting: Jan 8th, 2012
Teknotus, first solo BSP: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libfreenect/+bug/861338
Loco Application: Declined
- Aaron Albright became an Ubuntu Member, congrats!
- Salem Ubuntu Hour 1/20/12
- 1/27/12 Salem Ubuntu Hour
* Event: This month's Madison Ubuntu Hour was January 21. This event is on the third Saturday of each month, and is hosted by Madison LUG. The next Madison Ubuntu Hour will be February 18.
* Monthly Meeting: There was no monthly meeting this month.
Ubuntu Venezuela Team
Additional Ubuntu Teams
Ubuntu Accessibility Team
Ubuntu Beginners Team
Regular monthly meeting on January 11(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/Meetings/20120111) - 8 members in attendance, 22 minutes long, with benonsoftware holding the chair.
Ubuntu Classroom Team
Ubuntu NGO Team