|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 40:||Line 40:|
=== Czech Team ===
July 2009 Team Reports
If your team is not making team reports, see these guidelines for how to do so.
Forum Council July 2009
To help integrate the Ubuntu Forums and Launchpad you may now log into the Ubuntu Forums with your Launchpad OpenID.
Forums otherwise remain active (and fun).
We unfortunately did not have a quorum ans so no action could be taken.
We did, however, listen to some of the issues brought up by the community.
We will discuss revising the Report Button on the forums. Thank you to everyone for the suggestions. See Report post icon should be changed for details.
Thank you to DougieRichardson (and others) to help improve discouraged posts / threads that end up in T&E. T&E is probably the best location for this activity as it prevents trolling.
The specifics of the plan are here. We do not think a specific team needs to be started for this activity on the forums, although perhaps contact the BeginnersTeam to see if a Focus group can be formed.
- The staff will discuss the potential use of Launchpad to track staff members.
- The FC will make efforts to keep Team Reporting up to date.
BodhiZazen will ask Hellow and Panickedthumb to head up the UA team with additional actions to be discussed next month.
Logs of the meeting can be found here: Meeting logs (Starting at 23:18)
Thank You ~
- MC Meeting 2009-07-10:
Andrea Veri rejoined the MOTU team. He plans to get back to all of his packages and help out with the MOTU-P2P team and mentoring new users. Launchpad: https://launchpad.net/~bluekuja Wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bluekuja
Chris Coulson joined the MOTU team. He has been working with the Ubuntu desktop team for some time now, and he plans to carry on with packaging work, bug-fixes and helping out with debugging issues. Launchpad: https://launchpad.net/~chrisccoulson Wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ChrisCoulson
- Technical Board meeting, 2009-07-14
- The Board agreed on the text for the Developer Application Board proposal and has passed it to the Community Council and MOTU Council for review. The outcome of this will be discussed at the next board meeting.
- Colin Watson has proposed sets of packages based on the current seeds and intersections between distributions, Matt Zimmerman has an action to review this.
- Based on this, Colin Watson will begin setting up interviews with developers whose upload permissions may change as a result of the seed changes.
- The board has completed its review of the proposed patent policy text, and has asked Jono Bacon to provide a new draft by Tuesday next week to allow sufficient time for review before the next board meeting. Mark Shuttleworth has yet to review this text.
Matt Zimmerman presented his Release Manifest <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KarmicKoala/ReleaseManifest> for comments.
- It was agreed that the hostname for distributing images for Ubuntu Enterprise Cloud would be cloud-image.ubuntu.com
- The Technical Board agreed to increase its membership, and undergo a nomination period. This will follow in a separate mail.
- Colin Watson will chair the next board meeting.
- Technical Board meeting, 2009-07-28
- Review of outstanding actions
Action: Colin to set up interviews with developers regarding upload privilege reorganisation (for ArchiveReorganisation)
- Technical Board nominations
- Action: Matt to contact TB nominees to confirm they wish to stand
- Developer Membership Board
- The proposal has been well received by the Technical Board, Community Council and MOTU Council
- Action: Scott to implement Developer Membership Board proposal (LP, mailing list, documentation, etc.)
- Action: Jono to see that documentation is updated to reflect the Developer Membership Board
- Patent policy
- Voted to accept the draft patent policy as official
- Action: Matt to communicate the new patent policy
- Governance review
Reviewed Jono's recommendations from the most recent governance review (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TechnicalBoard/JauntyAssessment)
Action: Colin to update http://www.ubuntu.com/community/processes/techboard
- Action: Jono to draft text to communicate the TB's willingness to review key topics submitted by the community
- Action: Colin to discuss with Bdale (Debian technical committee chair) about having a Debian representative on the Ubuntu TB
- Select a chair for the next meeting
- Action: Colin to chair next TB meeting
- Review of outstanding actions
Ubuntu Development Teams
Xubuntu team report for July 2009
Packaging, Development, & Testing
- Cody investigated the new gdm and feasibility of adapting it for Xubuntu.
- Cody patched gdm so that it no longer pulls in all of gnome (just quite a bit of it).
SiDi began patching Exaile for possible inclusion in Karmic
- Cody seeded xfce4-power-manager in place of gnome-power-manager and sent out a call for testing.
- Cody performed memory profiling on xfce4-power-manager and identified ways to reduce its memory footprint.
QuickShip Xubuntu CDs
Ubuntu LoCo Teams
* Integration of Maelys within Jaunty
* Release of Ubuntu Apt pack 9.04
List of providers http://tnjulius.c-webhosting.org/index.php?a2nb888=328099
- Live meeting in Prague (25th July)
- Plans for local live meeting in Pardubice in August
- We have attended "Open Source Conference 2009 Kansai@Kyoto" as exhibitor and speaker:
- Team members have talked about Ubuntu as a theme on ASCII.jp which is online Japanese magazine.
"Ittoke! Ubuntu DoJo!"("Let's go to Ubuntu-DoJo") : Interview-style articles, deal with "How/What/Why use Ubuntu".
- We are planning to organize event "Offline Meeting Tokyo 9.08"
- Date: 1st Aug 2009
- Time: 12:00 - 18:00
- Place: Akihabara Hirose Building in Tokyo, Japan
- Plan: Ubuntu 9.04 install party and some seminars
July, 31 - Sysadmin Day 2009 openair meeting (http://agafonov.pp.ru/wiki/sysadminday2009)
United States Teams
US Teams Project
Launched newly designed planet.ubuntu-us.org
- Team Report Item
- Team Report Item
- Team Report Item
- Meeting July 7th
pak33m became an Ubuntu Member on July 15th.
- Meeting July 21st
- Ubuntu Global Jam
- July Team Report Submissions
- Upcoming events for August and October
New York State Team
July 18: Confirmed with PACS that we will be presenting for Software Freedom Day
July 25: FreeGeekPenn visit
Starting to plan for collaboration: PennsylvaniaTeam/CommunityOutreachTeam/FreeGeekPenn
Ubuntu Beginners Team
- Agree that the council should discuss ways to open up the -council IRC channel and get rid of the +mz channel modes
- Announcement about new project to help create a "pipeline" from the Beginners Team to the wider Ubuntu community
- Due to ajmorris disappearing, Silver_Fox_ stepped up to help co-lead the IRC Focus Group
Announce the Young New Users Focus Group Conduct Wiki Page
- Agree that having some users accidentally coming to the main team channel instead of the support channel is fine, and that there is no need to rename/move the main channel
Dallas Wiebelhaus joined the Ubuntu Beginners Team. He has been a great participant in team activities, and definitely deserving of membership.
leoquant joined the Ubuntu Beginners Team. He is already a very knowledgeable Ubuntu member, and will make a great addition to the team.
Point out Folding@Home and the #ubuntu-folding channel
- Agree to move mailing lists from lists.launchpad.net to lists.ubuntu.com
Discuss future of the Unanswered Posts Team and whether it should remain a separate team or be merged into the Beginners Team. The team was neutral in regards to merging the two teams.
- The Wiki Focus Group's Summer of Documentation has seen some nice progress. There is still room for new users to help out if they wish.
- The IRC Focus Group has seen a lot more activity over the past few days
The Ubuntu Community Learning Project is slowly forming, and is a separate team than the Education Focus Group
- The Council will work with the Development Focus Group in order to help accommodate their desire to allow non-Beginners Team members to join the Focus Group.
starcraft.man joined the Ubuntu Beginners Team. He has been helping beginners for a long time, and has recently joined the Wiki Focus Group. We are glad to welcome him to the team.