July 2014 Team Reports
If your team is not making team reports, see these guidelines for how to do so.
- Meeting 2014-07-03
- Check in with Edubuntu
- Meeting 2014-07-17
- Check in with Forums Council
- Check in with Translations Team
Developer Membership Board
Ubuntu Development Teams
- Team Meetings
- Team Updates
The Marketing blueprint has been updated with plans for this cycle https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/xubuntu-u-marketing
- bug #1299743 is now Fix Committed status
- bluesabre now has upload rights for the xubuntu packageset
xubuntu-dev PPAs are growing with an increased number of packages for trusty and utopic - https://launchpad.net/~xubuntu-dev/+archive/ubuntu/xubuntu-staging - https://launchpad.net/~xubuntu-dev/+archive/ubuntu/extras
- Xfce packages are now accepted under the MRE (micro release exceptions).
- xubuntu packageset has been updated with the packages we ship, so uploads should be simpler now
- gstreamer1.0-clutter is the only additional package if we ship parole with a clutter backend
- The "split theme package" bug may subside after the recent QA upload for shimmer-themes but catching duplicates has to be done manually.
- new packages in utopic: xfce4-power-manager, xfwm4
- From overwatch on bugs, there has been a small effort to try to treat design decisions as bugs and patch them away
- Such bugs that have attempted to re-open design decision have been flagged as opinion for now
- xfwm4 tabwin needs small theme updates/tweaks, ochosi has local patches for that already
- Xubuntu 14.04.1 released last week, good job everyone!
- Xfce has made some progress towards new development releases that we will most likely want to pick for 14.10
Ubuntu LoCo Teams
July 1st: LoCo Council contacted our LoCo for communicating they are working the "sub-locos" item, and we answered that it was OK but we are not a sub-loco. The gave two extra months to us for being a verified LoCo.
We did not receive any candidates for the next utopic party on November, but from the TEB there was an interest, so we will contact them soon.
July 7th: Ubuntu solutions in restaurant del Prat Gran, La Massana (Andorra) https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/42.54925/1.51192.
July 14th: conformed two Ubuntu speeches at the Casa Golferichs in Barcelona, Free Software, a matter of freedom (http://www.slideshare.net/josepgallart/elprogramarilliure) in October and Ubuntu installations in November.
German Kubuntu Team
- Software Design
- Ubuntu Weekly Topcis
- Ubuntu Weekly Recipe
* Ubuntu hour - lectures for beginners - break until September 2013.
* Mon, 1st July Ubuntu users last gathering for this season.
* Thu, 17th Open Education - Conference of experts for Education Reform dedicated outdoor education, Edubuntu in schools.
* On Sunday 6th, 13th, 20th and 27th July, Administration team meeting was held.
South African Ubuntu team
Tue, 22 July: Monthly IRC Meet -- Minutes
Ubuntu Tunisian LoCo Team
Ubuntu United Kingdom LoCo Team
United States Teams
US Teams Project
Ubuntu Chicago LoCo Team
District of Columbia Team
Florida LoCo Team
New York State Team
Ubuntu North Carolina LoCo Team
Ubuntu Venezuela Team
Additional Ubuntu Teams
Ubuntu Accessibility Team
Ubuntu Classroom Team
Ubuntu NGO Team