March 2012 Team Reports
If your team is not making team reports, see these guidelines for how to do so.
Americas Regional Membership Board
- Results for the Americas Regional Membership Board Meeting March 15, 2012
Asia Oceania Regional Membership Board
The results from the 10th of January Asia Oceania Membership meeting are as follows:
2012-03-01 Meeting (log):
Checkup with the LoCo Council
- New folks on the Council this year, taking some time to adjust
- Started having regular meetings on G+ to get everyone up to speed and to get to know each other better
- Have 8 reapprovals to work through this cycle (down from a high of 26)
- Turnaround on LC related business: much resolved in a day, launchpad tasks, responding to RT, but things like improving a document needs more time
- !lococouncil factoid on #ubuntu-locoteams has proven to be very helpful for people getting in touch with them
No conflict resolution by the LC in LoCo teams has been needed this cycle
- Overall doing well
2012-03-15 Meeting (log):
- Checkup with Americas Membership Board
- pleia2, greg-g, cyphermox and Pendulum from the Americas board showed up to discuss the current state of the board
- Several board members are expiring in May and some fatigue is showing
- Otherwise quorum is being met and things are going well, no real challenges
- Commonly when an applicant is asked to return at a later date, it is to get testimonials reflecting their work, or other improvements in documentation for what they have done
A couple CC members need to do final review and get back to LoCo Council regarding their proposed document for approvals to confirm it still properly reflects the process delegated by the CC
- Discussed status of CoC and LCoC merge proposal
- Checkup with Americas Membership Board
Developer Membership Board
Developer Membership Board meeting, 2012-03-26
Chair: Cody Somerville, Stefano Rivera
Present: Barry Warsaw, Benjamin Drung, Cody Somerville, Iain Lane, Micah Gersten, Stefano Rivera, Stéphane Graber
Review of previous action items
1. cody-somerville to write some documentation on how to endorse someone
ACTION: cody-somerville to send material he has to DMB mailing list for review to unblock progress on this.
MOTU Applications: Kilian Krause
The application was discussed, voted on, but did not carry: Votes for:0 Votes against:1 Abstentions:4
ubuntu-server-dev application for Adam Gandelman
The application was discussed, voted on, and approved: Votes for:6 Votes against:0 Abstentions:0
A vote was also held on membership in MOTU but did not carry: Votes for:2 Votes against:0 Abstentions:4
PPU application (libreoffice) for Bjoern Michaelsen
The application was discussed, voted on, but did not carry: Votes for:3 Votes against:1 Abstentions:2
Laney moved that future meetings be limited to considering two applications. General consensus was found for the change.
ACTION: Laney to document that DMB will only consider a maximum of two applicants per future meeting.
Developer Membership Board meeting, 2012-03-12
Chair: Benjamin Drung
Present: Benjamin Drung, Stefano Rivera, Stéphane Graber, Micah Gersten, Iain Lane
MOTU application: Marcin Juszkiewicz
The application was discussed, voted on, and approved; For: 5 Against: 0 Abstained: 0
Next chair: cody-somerville
EMEA Regional Membership Board
An update from the Forums Council for March of 2012
- Working on an LP "patch" to update Ubiquity and Firefox bookmarks.
- FC continues to cross-train its members so we all can "share the load".
- The forum staff will continue to encourage Ubuntu membership by extending personal invitations.
- We approved six Ubuntu Membership Applications - congratulations to all.
New Tips & Tutorials should be added to the Wiki. The Tips and Tutorials forum will become support/discussion for Wiki articles.
- Chair: Colin Watson
- Attendees: Matt Zimmerman, Soren Hansen, Stéphane Graber
- Ubuntu Studio LTS Plan Proposal
- We asked for more detail on various points, especially active developers and security support, and agreed to follow up by mail.
- Opening backports pre-release (redux)
- We agreed that Evan's desired clarification was in line with what the board had originally intended anyway, and thus did not need further authorisation.
- There was some follow-up discussion regarding who should be responsible for fixing issues with backports uploads carried over to the subsequent development release. Various people suggested various targets, but there seemed to be an informal consensus that uploading a pre-release backport should constitute a promise to deal with the upload to the development release once it opens.
- Soren agreed to send mail regarding meeting time changes.
- Next meeting is 2012-03-19.
- Chair: Kees Cook
- Attendees: Matt Zimmerman, Soren Hansen, Stéphane Graber, Colin Watson
- Action review
- Soren agreed to send mail regarding meeting time changes from the prior meeting.
- Brain storm review
- Kees will send email proposing a regular per-devel-cycle time for this to be due.
- mdz will be chair for the next meeting.
- Next meeting is 2012-04-02.
Ubuntu Development Teams
Beta 1 released: http://xubuntu.org/news/precisebeta1/
Team meeting on March 14th: minutes
Made Xubuntu G+ fan page official Xubuntu resource
Put out call for testers: http://xubuntu.org/news/help-test-xubuntu/
Beta 2 and new branding released: http://xubuntu.org/news/beta-2-released-new-branding/
Ubuntu LoCo Teams
- The March IRC meeting was held on the 11th March and attended by 9 people.
- the translation jam aimed to fix up strings that had been mistranslated and to tackle some of the en_AU packages on Launchpad
the wiki jam had participants cleaning up and updating the subpages of the AustralianTeam wiki
- the localisation jam finalised the iso defaults for the en_AU Ubuntu CD
- the artwork jam encouraged participants to create Ubuntu materials - including posters, flyers and other Ubuntu-related artwork
Two release parties have been set for the PrecisePangolin cycle. Sydney is hosting an event on the Saturday, 21st April and Brisbane on the 6th May. Details for these events can be found at: ubuntu-au loco events.
March 1st: Ubuntu speech and install party at the Miguel Hernandez University of Elx, near Alacant.
March 1st: LoCo irc meeting for last minute preparation for Ubuntu Global Jam.
March 3rd: Ubuntu Global Jam in Punt Òmnia - Grupo Unión in La Mina, near Barcelona.
March 16th: LoCo irc meeting reviewing Ubuntu Global Jam and starting works for next release party.
- March 20th: speech about free software, open formats and Ubuntu at the Library of Caldes de Montbui.
The Community Council has discussed the progress of the organisation of the LTS release party. The progress is cause for concern and action has to be taken. Besides that, some running affairs were handled.
Ubuntu Nederland Mwanzo
Mwanzobot has now been relocated to the community server. Soon we will start again with the workshops HTML and terminal usages. JFL is ready and has found its way to the internationl Ubuntu community via the Planet.
Further refining of the forum theme.
The Ubuntu Global Jam didn't happen because of a lack of volunteers at TCCN, where the jam would have taken place.
Handled running affairs. The team has obtained access to the testing server.
A transitional site has been set up based on Drupal to replace the current www.ubuntu-nl.org. The website is functioning and is currently being filled by the webteam. The site will be made available to everyone ss soon as it is somewhat ready, so it can be tested further.
The forum has been updated to the newest 1.x release of SMF. The transition to SMF 2 is still undergoing testing.
Has received information about the new site.
German Kubuntu Team
Report of March 2012
The Hungarian translation of the Full Circle Magazine Issue 55 has been released: http://ubuntu.hu/node/29500
We translated the Ubuntu Precise Countdown into Hungarian: http://ubuntu.hu/node/29619
We regularly updated our loco site with the latest news: http://ubuntu.hu
- We did various translation-related tasks
Some LoCo members joined the Ubuntu Global Jam at a face to face meetup in Limerick and others joined in on IRC and, for the first time, in a Google Hangout. Details of the face to face meeting can be found here.
Working on new artwork for our LoCo team
- Redesigning website
- Continued disseminating Ubuntu 11.10 installation CDs
South African Ubuntu team
Regular monthly LoCo member meeting.
- Project "Svenska videoguider" (Swedish Screencasts) continued their work.
Currently finished and planned screencasts are available at this wiki-page.
- More work to be done to increase the activity on the frontpage.
Minor collaboration with the Norwegian LoCo took place.
- More collaboration planned for the future.
Ubuntu Tunisian LoCo Team
- Ubuntu global Jam 12.03
- Photo album:
- Preparations for 12.04 Release party
- Participation in the first TEDx Sousse 12.03
Ubuntu United Kingdom LoCo Team
United States Teams
US Teams Project
Ubuntu Chicago LoCo Team
District of Columbia Team
Florida LoCo Team
Please update with team activity from 12/March here.
New York State Team
Presentations and Meetings:
- Hands on Linux Lab - March 17, 2012
- Ubuntu Friendly, LInux Home Router, Ubuntu Unity Overview - March 15, 2012
- Rochester Jam Jam - March 3, 2012 13:00 EST
Ubuntu North Carolina LoCo Team
Two new members!!!
* Event: This month's Madison Ubuntu Hour was March 16. This event is on the third Saturday of each month, and is hosted by Madison LUG. The next Madison Ubuntu Hour will be April 20.
* Event: Rick and Ian held an outreach seminar in Wausau. Newspaper story. Eight new users attended, fewer than expected. The attendees asked sophisticated questions, and feedback was very positive. Special thanks to Rick for organizing the event and preparing such fabulous presentations!
* Monthly Meeting: There was no monthly meeting on IRC this month.
Ubuntu Venezuela Team
Additional Ubuntu Teams
Ubuntu Accessibility Team
Ubuntu Beginners Team
Ubuntu Classroom Team
Ubuntu NGO Team