TechnicalBoardAgenda

Differences between revisions 620 and 668 (spanning 48 versions)
Revision 620 as of 2018-01-03 00:34:15
Size: 2142
Editor: tsimonq2
Comment:
Revision 668 as of 2019-08-13 19:01:43
Size: 2523
Editor: vorlon
Comment:
Deletions are marked like this. Additions are marked like this.
Line 5: Line 5:
The meeting schedule is available on the [[http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar|fridge calendar]]. We meet in channel '''#ubuntu-meeting-2''' on chat.freenode.net. The meeting schedule is available on the [[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Fridge/Calendar|fridge calendar]]. We meet in channel '''#ubuntu-meeting-2''' on chat.freenode.net.
Line 7: Line 7:
The next meeting is set for 2017-12-19, 20:00 London time. chair: infinity, backup: kees The next meeting is set for 2019-08-13, 20:00 London time. chair: kees, backup: vorlon
Line 12: Line 12:
  * ''ACTION:'' infinity to ask maas team to prepare SRU exception policy à la CurtinUpdates
  * ''ACTION:'' infinity to play with seed/maint-check changes on dogfood to build a new xenial release pocket for support length auditing (ETA: 16.04.3 release)
  * ''ACTION:'' slangasek to investigate getting tagged ubuntu-community bugs automatically forwarded to technical-board, and if not feasible, fall back to DMB sending signed emails to list for ACL requests
 * ''Qt Packages in Ubuntu'' tsimonq2 has some inquiries regarding updating of Qt in stable releases (Is it reasonable to deliver whole bugfix point releases of Qt as Stable Release Updates?).
  * ''ACTION:'' vorlon to ask DMB to require flavor developer teams in LP to have a 6-month expiry policy, thus requiring developers to reaffirm their committment each release cycle
  * ''ACTION:'' Wimpress To follow-up on-list with design review to address MATE Boutique security/consent concerns.
  * ''ACTION:'' infinity to ask maas team to prepare SRU exception policy à la CurtinUpdates (see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MAASUpdates) (awaiting response from rbasak)
  * ''ACTION:'' formal ratification of third party seeded snap security policy, depends on:
  * ''ACTION:'' vorlon to circle around with store, snapcraft, et all, and revise the snap source revision policy to be more clear with regards to rebuildability and GPL compliance.
  * ''ACTION:'' vorlon to reply to seeded snap upload permissions question on list
## * [tsimonq2] Propose a shortening of support length from nine months for non-LTS releases.
## * tsimonq2 will send an email to the TB mailing list before the meeting with evidence and justification.

This page records the Agenda for the next meeting of the Ubuntu Technical Board. Please see the Ubuntu Governance page for details on participation.

If you have a question to raise with the Board, you can reach the Technical Board members directly by e-mailing technical-board@lists.ubuntu.com. They may decide that your issue should be discussed at the next meeting, in which case they will add it to this page.

The meeting schedule is available on the fridge calendar. We meet in channel #ubuntu-meeting-2 on chat.freenode.net.

The next meeting is set for 2019-08-13, 20:00 London time. chair: kees, backup: vorlon The agenda will include the following:

  • Apologies:
  • Action review:
    • ACTION: vorlon to ask DMB to require flavor developer teams in LP to have a 6-month expiry policy, thus requiring developers to reaffirm their committment each release cycle

    • ACTION: Wimpress To follow-up on-list with design review to address MATE Boutique security/consent concerns.

    • ACTION: infinity to ask maas team to prepare SRU exception policy à la CurtinUpdates (see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MAASUpdates) (awaiting response from rbasak)

    • ACTION: formal ratification of third party seeded snap security policy, depends on:

    • ACTION: vorlon to circle around with store, snapcraft, et all, and revise the snap source revision policy to be more clear with regards to rebuildability and GPL compliance.

    • ACTION: vorlon to reply to seeded snap upload permissions question on list

Logs from previous meetings may be found at http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/ or http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting-2/. Logs from older meetings are available via MootBot.


CategoryUbuntuTeams

TechnicalBoardAgenda (last edited 2019-08-27 18:51:30 by vorlon)