TechnicalBoardAgenda

Differences between revisions 639 and 667 (spanning 28 versions)
Revision 639 as of 2018-04-04 02:28:19
Size: 2209
Editor: tsimonq2
Comment:
Revision 667 as of 2019-07-16 19:24:32
Size: 2523
Editor: mdeslaur
Comment:
Deletions are marked like this. Additions are marked like this.
Line 7: Line 7:
The next meeting is set for 2018-04-10, 20:00 London time. chair: kees, backup: slangasek The next meeting is set for 2019-07-30, 20:00 London time. chair: kees, backup: vorlon
Line 12: Line 12:
  * ''ACTION:'' flexiondotorg To follow-up on-list with design review to address MATE Boutique security/consent concerns.
  * ''ACTION:'' tsimonq2 to propose patches to maintenance-check regarding Lubuntu Next (done in https://code.launchpad.net/~tsimonq2/ubuntu-archive-publishing/lubuntu-next-support-cycle-adjustment/+merge/342475 )
  * ''ACTION:'' infinity to call for confirmation of LTS status from all flavours.
  * ''ACTION:'' infinity to ask maas team to prepare SRU exception policy à la CurtinUpdates
 * [slangasek] - Review of the [[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuSeededSnaps|seeded snaps policy]]
  * ''ACTION:'' vorlon to ask DMB to require flavor developer teams in LP to have a 6-month expiry policy, thus requiring developers to reaffirm their committment each release cycle
  * ''ACTION:'' Wimpress To follow-up on-list with design review to address MATE Boutique security/consent concerns.
  * ''ACTION:'' infinity to ask maas team to prepare SRU exception policy à la CurtinUpdates (see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MAASUpdates) (awaiting response from rbasak)
  * ''ACTION:'' formal ratification of third party seeded snap security policy, depends on:
  * ''ACTION:'' vorlon to circle around with store, snapcraft, et all, and revise the snap source revision policy to be more clear with regards to rebuildability and GPL compliance.
  * ''ACTION:'' vorlon to reply to seeded snap upload permissions question on list
## * [tsimonq2] Propose a shortening of support length from nine months for non-LTS releases.
## * tsimonq2 will send an email to the TB mailing list before the meeting with evidence and justification.
Line 20: Line 23:
 * ''tsimonq2'' - The rationale for snapd being in the platform seed when flavors weren't polled first.

This page records the Agenda for the next meeting of the Ubuntu Technical Board. Please see the Ubuntu Governance page for details on participation.

If you have a question to raise with the Board, you can reach the Technical Board members directly by e-mailing technical-board@lists.ubuntu.com. They may decide that your issue should be discussed at the next meeting, in which case they will add it to this page.

The meeting schedule is available on the fridge calendar. We meet in channel #ubuntu-meeting-2 on chat.freenode.net.

The next meeting is set for 2019-07-30, 20:00 London time. chair: kees, backup: vorlon The agenda will include the following:

  • Apologies:
  • Action review:
    • ACTION: vorlon to ask DMB to require flavor developer teams in LP to have a 6-month expiry policy, thus requiring developers to reaffirm their committment each release cycle

    • ACTION: Wimpress To follow-up on-list with design review to address MATE Boutique security/consent concerns.

    • ACTION: infinity to ask maas team to prepare SRU exception policy à la CurtinUpdates (see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MAASUpdates) (awaiting response from rbasak)

    • ACTION: formal ratification of third party seeded snap security policy, depends on:

    • ACTION: vorlon to circle around with store, snapcraft, et all, and revise the snap source revision policy to be more clear with regards to rebuildability and GPL compliance.

    • ACTION: vorlon to reply to seeded snap upload permissions question on list

Logs from previous meetings may be found at http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/ or http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting-2/. Logs from older meetings are available via MootBot.


CategoryUbuntuTeams

TechnicalBoardAgenda (last edited 2019-08-13 19:01:43 by vorlon)