This page records the Agenda for the next meeting of the Ubuntu Technical Board. Please see the Ubuntu Governance page for details on participation.

If you have a question to raise with the Board, you can reach the Technical Board members directly by e-mailing They may decide that your issue should be discussed at the next meeting, in which case they will add it to this page.

The meeting schedule is available on the fridge calendar. We meet in channel #ubuntu-meeting-2 on

The next meeting is set for 2018-03-27, 20:00 London time. chair: kees, backup: mdeslaur The agenda will include the following:

  • Apologies:
  • Action review:
    • ACTION: flexiondotorg To follow-up on-list with design review to address MATE Boutique security/consent concerns.

    • ACTION: tsimonq2 to bring up the support/release status of lubuntu-next on the TB list, and then submit patches to maintenance-check according to the final plan

    • ACTION: infinity to update LTS support status of kylin to 3y (done) and then call for confirmation of LTS status from all flavours.

    • ACTION: infinity to ask maas team to prepare SRU exception policy à la CurtinUpdates

    • ACTION: slangasek to investigate getting tagged ubuntu-community bugs automatically forwarded to technical-board, and if not feasible, fall back to DMB sending signed emails to list for ACL requests

  • [rbasak] Please decide if xchat should be removed as requested in bug 1753169 in time for Bionic. Other references:

  • [Add new agenda items above this line - include your name]
  • Scan the mailing list archive for anything we missed (standing item)

  • Check up on community bugs (standing item)

  • Select a chair for the next meeting (next from

Logs from previous meetings may be found at or Logs from older meetings are available via MootBot.


TechnicalBoardAgenda (last edited 2018-03-13 20:33:52 by kees)