Updating projects, IRC nick.
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 53:||Line 53:|
|Tenach is an amazing contributer, her willingness to pass on what she has learned and doggedness in determination on the many projects and areas she is involved in proves to me that she oozes the spirit of ubuntu out of is pores. I have no hesitation in recommending her for ubuntu membership and ask that you look upon her application favourably.||Tenach is an amazing contributer, her willingness to pass on what she has learned and doggedness in determination on the many projects and areas she is involved in proves to me that she oozes the spirit of ubuntu out of her pores. I have no hesitation in recommending her for ubuntu membership and ask that you look upon her application favourably.|
cptmashek, on irc.freenode.net
tenach at ubuntu dot com
(To be added)
[defunct] Scrib: scrib is a small, modular bot written in Python. At its core, it provides info/chat bot functionality for command line and IRC. The code is released under the MIT license and is available on GitHub. This project has gone through many incarnations, and is currently being redeveloped with Python 3 and Redis as two primary technologies.
Hopewell-Loudon Tech Team: I mentored students (ages from 14-18) in the building of a cloud computing system where staff and students can access their documents from any computer with a web operating system. They chose Ubuntu 10.04 and EyeOS 1.9 to accomplish this. In October 2011, Jordohio and the rest of the HLTT presented their project at the Northwest Ohio Education Technology conference. They were some of the only students present at this conference and it went over so well their school may be adopting the platform and integrating it into their education system.
Whube Project: I am a core developer for the Whube Project, and am currently active with building the Whube Web Framework, Whubebugs, and syn (a package manager).
InnuendOS: I was developing a Debian-based distribution that is specialized for my friends and I, as well as for the older servers and desktops at my workplace.
Create Free and Open software that benefits the Linux community
To increase the Linux footprint locally and abroad
Continue to help and support new users
To encourage and facilitate the use of F/OSS in the classroom as well as broader education system
To become part of the MOTU and/or become an Ubuntu Member
I enjoy helping people through any means possible, including forums. Within the Ubuntu Forums, I generally find posts and topics that pertain to what I've figured out so that I might help others in a similar situation. This has comprised mostly of laptop and netbook issues. More often than not, I cherry pick from Absolute Beginners Talk and Network & Wireless.
I help out where I can within the Ubuntu Forum and IRC channels (Ubuntu and Beginners Team)
part of the Beginners Team Development Focus Group
Provide web help, technical writing, and debugging for individuals and projects that are in need
Taken on as Apprentice by Bodsda in 2009
Became a Beginners Team Member in 2010.
Took on saji89 as Apprentice in 2010.
Instructor for PHP in the BT Academy
The Beginners Team IRC channels are defunct. As such, you can find me in #scoundrels, #hy or #whube.
Advocate the use of Free and Open Source Software where possible
Help friends and family become acquainted with Ubuntu/Debian and encourage their exploration of Open Source software.
Maintain several Ubuntu/Debian machines including laptops, desktops and a server.
Local tech support for a variety of Open source operating systems.
paultag 2011-05-24 03:10:41:
- Tenach is someone that I'm not only proud to call a co-contributor, but a friend as well. Tenach has been working in the Ubuntu ecosystem regularly and significantly for the last few years. Every time I start a side project, I always seem to find Tenach's patches in my inbox. It's to the point where I personally trust her with write access to any project I maintain. In short, Tenach upholds the word "Ubuntu" in both letter and spirit. I'm shocked she did not go for membership earlier, and support her application without reserve. Please look upon her application favorably.
phillw 2011-05-24 11:45:30:
- Tenach is an amazing contributer, her willingness to pass on what she has learned and doggedness in determination on the many projects and areas she is involved in proves to me that she oozes the spirit of ubuntu out of her pores. I have no hesitation in recommending her for ubuntu membership and ask that you look upon her application favourably.
zkriesse 2011-05-24 16:44:00:
Tenach is just one of the coolest gals I've met in the "Ubuntu World". She does more work than most and does it consistently. I've seen her start and maintain more projects than most others and she does it with a fun and happy-go-lucky attitude all the time. I consider her a great personal friend and would love to continue working with her in the future. I've had the extreme pleasure of working with her on multiple projects, such as the Beginners Team Doc group, other wiki matters, launchpad bugs etc, and many others. I've had a great time knowing her and can't wait to see what's in store. She's got my full 100% support for any project she attempts and works on AND she's got my full support for her Ubuntu membership. Please look at her application with favor.
mohanchml 2011-05-24 17:44:31:
- I know tenach well from UBT and say that she has contributed very much and has great knowledge in what she helps with. She's very good with what she knows and is not afraid to share it, and I really vouch for her! Please look favorably on her application.
Ubuntu Beginners Team
- Tenach is a very committed hard working individual. She is always willing to spend her time to help others. I strongly support her application for Beginners Team membership.
paultag 2010-06-03 19:48:00:
- Sheesh. The mark of a good writer is "Look, I'm sorry ther is 20 pages, I only had a day", not "Look, I'm so happy it's 20 pages". In the case of Tenach, I don't think we can hit that 20 page deadline. Wherever you are in the community, chances are Tenach is willing to get involved. A truly self-motivated and driven individual, and decidedly donkey-like in her unrepentant devotion to a project. I know that Tenach is one of the first people I go to when starting on a new venture, and he is a truly invaluable asset to the Beginners Team. I support her application without reserve, hesitation or condition.
zkriesse 2010-07-05 19:27:00:
Tenach Tenach Tenach...what can I say that will do her justice? She's awesome, self-motivated, driven, and just plain cool! her work with the BeginnersTeam has been awesome to say the least and her assistance with the BT Wiki FG has been invaluable. She is always willing to help those whom she can, and she's willing to learn from others and share what she knows as well. She's got my support without hesitation, without reserve, and without question. Please look upon her application favorably.